The Road To Amsterdam ArenA (UEFA Europa League 2013) - THE END

Aeris

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has made us the team that is scared and scraps for injury time winners.

Not the type of football I want to pay to watch or Im sure the likes of Cabaye, Cisse etc want to play week in, week out.

Expect a players revolt once the season is over.

Fair enough if you don't like the style, but I don't think it was different last season. We weren't blowing teams away, just comfortably doing the business and moving on. There was a period where we won 5 games in a row 2-0, I'm sure of it. That looks like a tactical plan to me.

I also really doubt they'd revolt - Cisse jumping into the crowd last week, the whole team being buoyed by the fans tonight - it almost feels like we genuinely are all in this together. Pardew has done a good job of bringing the fans into the experience as much as he can. Again, more tactical ability - using the resources at his disposal well.

I guess we'll agree to disagree; I enjoyed our campaign. I'm disappointed but am looking forward to what we can achieve next year.

Edited by Rayvin

They at on Portugal and got knocked out of the champions league!

Here was a team who were there for the taking. We could / should have scored a few against them over there and gifted them two goals.

They were there for the taking and Pardew as usual bottled it.

Game plan was to play negative for 70 minutes and then try and win it.

It was clear when we attacked we had them on the ropes. That should have been the game plan from the off and then bring on extra cover to defend s lead if need be.

The bottom line is we were a couple of games of silverware and we bottled it. Shameful.

The above view is the subjective opinion of a nincompoop and is not shared by Toontastic.

So CT, you don't rate Benfica as a side? I've read some of your comments and again can't tell if you are an idiot or an obnoxious wum. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt though and suggest the former. I was at the match tonight and I don't think anyone agreed with your assertions.

We did brilliantly well and really did ourselves proud under the circumstances: they were clearly the better side and yet we were strangely unlucky not to go through overall. Certainly passion is not a problem with this team, so I'm curious about this imminent players revolt.

Someone should bookmark this thread to remind us what a Twat contrary tree can be.

Nice to have a quick read of Stevies twitter for a reality check to know Im not stupid.

Nowt to be proud of going out to these.

Fuck off man, Stevie is saying we shouldn't be proud of going out to Benfica, you're saying we wouldn't have if we'd played Marveaux from the off. These two view points are not the same. He's saying Newcastle United (the entity) used to be a genuine force in Europe and that we're not now shouldn't be accompanied by pride when we are defeated, but a frustration that we're not where we once were.

You're saying that Pardew's tactical decisions meant that this version of the NUFC entity went out.

He's right (arguably)

You're not (inarguably)

I think Pardew's tactics were spot on tonight, can't fault him one bit, He was totally right in saying if we tried to play a high tempo from the off, they would have crucified us! I would hate to be a player after 60 mins and feeling tired, to see Ben Arfa and Marveaux coming on. Not sure if it was mentioned, but I noticed they turned the clocks off at SJP at half time, and they came back on after we scored. Asked my mate after, and Pardew asked that to happen. Canny that - personally I've not heard of any other manager doing something like that.

End of the day, I thought we should have put them to the sword tonight, 20 minutes to go and needing 1 more goal. But wasn't to be. Good effort and let's hope everyone is available to drum the Mackems on Sunday.

So CT, you don't rate Benfica as a side? I've read some of your comments and again can't tell if you are an idiot or an obnoxious wum. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt though and suggest the former. I was at the match tonight and I don't think anyone agreed with your assertions.

We did brilliantly well and really did ourselves proud under the circumstances: they were clearly the better side and yet we were strangely unlucky not to go through overall. Certainly passion is not a problem with this team, so I'm curious about this imminent players revolt.

Someone should bookmark this thread to remind us what a Twat contrary tree can be.

Fuck right off with your "did us proud" shit.

Didn't do me proud.

We gave them the first half and "had a go" after 70 minutes when they shat themselves.

Marveaux should have started or do you think Bigi / Anita offered more?

I certainly won't be renewing to watch this restrained team next season. I wager you a few purple players will do the same.

Fuck off man, Stevie is saying we shouldn't be proud of going out to Benfica, you're saying we wouldn't have if we'd played Marveaux from the off. These two view points are not the same. He's saying Newcastle United (the entity) used to be a genuine force in Europe and that we're not now shouldn't be accompanied by pride when we are defeated, but a frustration that we're not where we once were.

You're saying that Pardew's tactical decisions meant that this version of the NUFC entity went out.

He's right (arguably)

You're not (inarguably)

Pardews tactical decisions DID mean we went out!

Hopeless.

Fuck right off with your "did us proud" shit.

Didn't do me proud.

We gave them the first half and "had a go" after 70 minutes when they shat themselves.

Marveaux should have started or do you think Bigi / Anita offered more?

I certainly won't be renewing to watch this restrained team next season. I wager you a few purple players will do the same.

Wasn't about offering more, it was about containment.

Will people please stop saying Pardews tactics were spot on.

We didn't win!!!!!!

Would you rather he started Ben Arfa and Marveaux and run the risk of being pummelled 3-4 nil?

Who was containing who after HBA and Marveaux came on?

That's the point right there! The whole point was to get to that point where Ben Arfa and Marveaux were running at them with fresh legs.