Swansea City V Newcastle Utd

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think we can expect a substitute appearance at best, no way Pards will risk a start considering the time he's been out for.

Aye PArdew's said that he'll be peeking in from the Bench I reckon.

They certainly aren't invincible. This is a team who in their last PL game shipped 5 with no response. Fair enough Liverpool had a great game, but I feel fairly confident that the ability we possess going forward can lead to goals. This game will be won or lost depending on how organised we are at the back, and whether we can halt their build up play around the box effectively and before anything meaningful comes of it. Should be a good game. heart: 1-2, head: 2-2.

Aye you can't go off the Liverpool game as that wasn't the team we will be facing.

They're a decent team but nothing more, this is still a very winnable game if we approach it in the right manor. That's not me knocking them, but they're not in the same class as Spurs for example who we matched in every area apart from Welsh wonderkids.

Exactly - they are team that deserve respect but we certainly shouldn't fear them, the way we've been playing recently. We're starting to look very handy as an attacking force and I can see us scoring more than once down there. If we can stay focused at the back I fancy us for a result.

fucking annoys me that this lot have won a trophy more recently than us

its partly the lottery of knockout football and partly taking it seriously though

hopefully having seen them lift it, assuming we're not in europe next season, we'll do the latter and get a little luck with the former

its partly the lottery of knockout football and partly taking it seriously though

hopefully having seen them lift it, assuming we're not in europe next season, we'll do the latter and get a little luck with the former

we never take the cups as seriously as we should, given how long we've gone without winning one.

We've said that for years though while the likes of Leicester, Birmingham and the smoggies all won the league cup and yet we still don't take it seriously whether we're in Europe or not. In reality it's far easier to win the League Cup than the FA Cup but (this year aside) we always have a go at the latter but aren't interested in the former. Yes we would all rather win the FA Cup but given that most of our support has never seen us win anything but the championship or the Intertoto, we would all be in raptures if we won the league cup.

Piers Morgan says because our performances are getting worse, he predicts we'll lose 2-0

because our performances are getting worse...

what a bellwhiff

just watched, that whole video is awash with "football fanisms" like he actually has a clue going on.

player nicknames mentioned constantly then he gets to our game and pulls out that whopper.

fake fan

just watched, that whole video is awash with "football fanisms" like he actually has a clue going on.

player nicknames mentioned constantly then he gets to our game and pulls out that whopper.

fake fan

Loved that he kept saying things like Man U won 6 of the last 8, as if he hadn't asked some stooge to hand him a cheat sheet minutes before recording started.

Not greatly confident.

Other teams seem to be able to keep possession fairly easily against us and know we struggle if pressed.

That said we have a few individuals now who can change a game in an instant but I would have felt much better with Benny back.

Would also like to see Cabaye playing a bit further forward where he does so much more damage.

Come on lads!

Possession isn't everything though. Sadly Swansea learned that when Rodgers fucked off. Although we do shit ourselves when pressed but I think at times that's down to lack of confidence - post january window - I think we'll see a further confidence in possesion grow - having lads like Mbiwa/Debuchy instead of Williamson/Simpson helps - though when the boat rocks late in the game it's nice to have a Ben Arfa/Marv & to a lesser extent Gouffran who doesn't think the ball is going to self destruct in 5 seconds.

Swansea under Rodgers would have been so hard to support, sideways and backwards passing the football out of the game through Rodgers possession wins matches philosophy. Well no, it doesn't win them but can make you less likely to lose them. In the meantime you're more likely to bore the socks off anyone unfortunate enough to be watching.

We've had the best possession once in our last five games, won 3, drawn 1, lost 1.

Yep, my local team has just won 8 straight and only had the upper hand in possession once.