Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt

Christmas Tree

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Now preparing a £50M bid for Derby

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11696/12511258/mike-ashley-preparing-50m-takeover-bid-to-buy-derby-county

I spoke to a Derby County mate a few weeks ago warning him that if fat Mike took them over he would slowly suck the life out of the club but he was having none of it and was hoping that MA would be the prefeed bidder, as the rest of the interested parties were shysters

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Rosco said:

Now preparing a £50M bid for Derby

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11696/12511258/mike-ashley-preparing-50m-takeover-bid-to-buy-derby-county

I spoke to a Derby County mate a few weeks ago warning him that if fat Mike took them over he would slowly suck the life out of the club but he was having none of it and was hoping that MA would be the prefeed bidder, as the rest of the interested parties were shysters

derby county probably deserve ashley on account of sticking their ground about 15 mile from the nearest pub that'll serve away supporters.

• Haha 2

I know what he means though. Mike Ashley actually has money. Real, actual money that spends, unlike many of the bullshit artists who appear when a club is in dire financial straits. For a club circling the drain like Derby, he might appear to be a saviour. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, acrossthepond said:

I know what he means though. Mike Ashley actually has money. Real, actual money that spends, unlike many of the bullshit artists who appear when a club is in dire financial straits. For a club circling the drain like Derby, he might appear to be a saviour. 

when he has to invest it in his football club it mysteriously turns in to wallpaper.

6 minutes ago, acrossthepond said:

The problem with that though, as we know all too well, is that Mike Ashley’s money doesn’t get spent. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

The problem with that though, as we know all too well, is that Mike Ashley’s money doesn’t get spent. 

well apart from on sports direct signs.

he also had lumbering a club with debt because of his own fuck ups off to a tee.

I feel sorry for anyone who has to deal with that fat cunt. He clearly just wants another avenue to peddle his shit. His tenor amounted to something close to a cultural death for our football club; never mind the absolute dross we served up as excuses for football sides at times. I wouldn't wish him on anybody.

The cunt should stick to dealing with that production bottleneck he was so fond of complaining about during his court proceedings. It's been about ten years, hasn't it? I reckon he'd be close to having found someone in the ranks of cheap-as-chips janitor department with a solution by now.

Edited by toonotl
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Disaster capitalist strikes again. Something on the cheap that he can asset strip and flog on for a minor profit

This is my view of it. We were no different to the sports brands he bought and fucked the life out of, until people realised they’d become a shadow of what they once were. He hollowed the club out from the inside, selling anything of value he could and running what was left on a shoestring, with his tacky signage plastered all over the place.

The only reason he made money out of his shares in the club is because of price inflation due to PL broadcasting deals. Much like someone who buys a house on a great street that enjoys stellar capital growth, even thiugh he allows the house to fall down over the years. He’s not a great owner, he’s a cunt and a lucky cunt at that.

I dont know much about Derby, other than when Clough was manager there, but I dont bear them any ill will. I wouldn’t wish Ashley on them because he’s like a horrible incurable disease that sucks the life and enjoyment out of everything he touches. The only reason to be pleased would be if the club was about to go bust.

• Like 6

I agree with all of you, please don't interpret my comment as any sort of support or respect for the fat bastard. He'll run them into the ground, same as he did with us. But if he buys them, they'll not be liquidated or suffer any further administration penalties. 

• Like 2