New Strips?

Christmas Tree

Imagine getting upset over a tiny little flag on the back of a shirt collar? I'm old enough to remember when they butchered the union flag for the 2012 Olympics by making it look like Lisa Simpson giving a blow job. Still fucking raging. Screenshot_20240322_185911_Google.thumb.jpg.4e3fc332179cfe5a1759a7a447626d0a.jpg

• Haha 8

3 hours ago, Renton said:

Imagine getting upset over a tiny little flag on the back of a shirt collar? I'm old young enough to remember when they butchered the union flag for the 2012 Olympics by making it look like Lisa Simpson giving a blow job. Still fucking raging. 

FYP

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

:lol:

Thats some interesting Rorschach shit. 

Beat me to it. 🙂 

(yes, I know)

Waving the cross of St George is a relatively new thing too. Check out the crowd at the 66 finals for flags.

Edit: Actually the first time the cross was used on an England football strip was 1998.

Edited by Kevin Carr's Gloves

16 hours ago, Renton said:

Imagine getting upset over a tiny little flag on the back of a shirt collar? I'm old enough to remember when they butchered the union flag for the 2012 Olympics by making it look like Lisa Simpson giving a blow job. Still fucking raging. Screenshot_20240322_185911_Google.thumb.jpg.4e3fc332179cfe5a1759a7a447626d0a.jpg

I remember you mentioning that at the time and I couldn’t help but see it every time after that :lol: 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Waving the cross of St George is a relatively new thing too. Check out the crowd at the 66 finals for flags.

Edit: Actually the first time the cross was used on an England football strip was 1998.

Yeah. ‘66 was a sea of Union Jacks. Anyone getting wound up by this needs to give their head a shake. Although it winds up all the right people so it’s all good 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Alex said:

Yeah. ‘66 was a sea of Union Jacks. Anyone getting wound up by this needs to give their head a shake. Although it winds up all the right people so it’s all good 

Yeah, stuff like this are a handy gammon detector. 

16 minutes ago, Renton said:

Yeah, stuff like this are a handy gammon detector. 

Aye, if their skin tone matches any of the colours in the ‘new’ flag then they’re a gammon.

16 minutes ago, Sonatine said:

Funny that nobody cried about this design of the flag.....:cuppa:

England top and the furore over the flag - Page 2 - CPFC BBS

We'll keep the blue flag flying here 🙂 

https://www.theguardian.com/voluntary-sector-network/2013/oct/17/joey-barton-why-i-laced-up

The reason for me doing both the documentary and this campaign was that I felt it was important for a modern day footballer, with some measure of influence, to speak about something that has been deemed a taboo topic.

It's quite crazy, when you think about it, that in the 21st century, this is something that needs to be addressed but there are still many people out there with closed minds.

A lot of institutions and other sports are quite liberal and forward thinking but, for some strange reason, football has never adequately broached the topic of sexuality. It speaks out about racism and uses the power it has as a sport to do some great charity work, but it's never really managed to address homophobia in football.

VS 

Has he changed his mind? Or does he just post any old shite to stay "relevant"

Edited by Kid Dynamite
  • Like 1

Who'd have thought bisexuality has its own flag? If we're all honest, it has to be the best orientation to be, opens up a lot of real estate. 

As for Barton, he's gone down the usual rabbit hole hasn't he? Was an absolute bellend, reformed himself a bit, turned back to being an absolute bellend.  

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Renton said:

Who'd have thought bisexuality has its own flag? If we're all honest, it has to be the best orientation to be, opens up a lot of real estate. 

As for Barton, he's gone down the usual rabbit hole hasn't he? Was an absolute bellend, reformed himself a bit, turned back to being an absolute bellend.  

At least he's not a woke gay Communist bellend 👍🙂🌈 

• Haha 2

I wonder what the worst thing on an England shirt has ever been? The recent flag change, perhaps but I am going for "Barton 18"

• Haha 5

9 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

https://www.theguardian.com/voluntary-sector-network/2013/oct/17/joey-barton-why-i-laced-up

VS 

Has he changed his mind? Or does he just post any old shite to stay "relevant"

Those are also not the same colours or ratios, which are sort of important when it comes to flags.