Paolo Di Canio Hounded out by the mackems

Tooj

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would much rather Oneill was still there. He would have continued the malaise however Im sure Di Canio will have the place stirred up like a hornets nest.

A calm cool head (like Shearer) may have helped take them down, but a fiery passionate manager may just stir them up enough or scare them to death.

I don't know a lot about him as manager, but a quick read of wiki talks about him personally staying up all night shovelling snow off the pitch to allow a game to go ahead and offering to spend his own money to keep loan players.

That sounds like someone commited to the cause which I would much prefer than yet another one from the old boys merry go round of Hughes, Bruce etc.

Naturally I hope he's a nightmare.

They're putting a positive spin on it.. Seems a lot of them have been quietly upset to have had a war criminal on the board. They're generally okay with a fascist manager though.

Spot on! Doubt they can see the hypocrisy like.

90% of the thick cunts don't understand the whole fascism/Mussolini tattoo significance. There's already 3 or 4 on RTG with the roman salute as their avatar. This is Sunderland remember, CT is their only right winger. Appointing a hard line right winger as their manager :lol:

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/premier-league-im-fascist-racist-di-canio-quotes-212642602.html

"I like the code they lived by. The loyalty. The honour. There's a story about a Samurai who committed hara-kiri because he arrived late for an appointment. In the past few years I've become closer to that Japanese spiritual mentality."

Best show up early for training lads.

I would much rather Oneill was still there. He would have continued the malaise however Im sure Di Canio will have the place stirred up like a hornets nest.

A calm cool head (like Shearer) may have helped take them down, but a fiery passionate manager may just stir them up enough or scare them to death.

I don't know a lot about him as manager, but a quick read of wiki talks about him personally staying up all night shovelling snow off the pitch to allow a game to go ahead and offering to spend his own money to keep loan players.

That sounds like someone commited to the cause which I would much prefer than yet another one from the old boys merry go round of Hughes, Bruce etc.

Naturally I hope he's a nightmare.

Shearer a cool head. :lol:

Going at it gung ho, beating up & racially abusing your players might work in League two but it's not going to work in the premier league. The fact you went out of your way to contradict me doesn't do much for your claims you aren't a wum mind.

Shearer a cool head. :lol:

Going at it gung ho, beating up & racially abusing your players might work in League two but it's not going to work in the premier league. The fact you went out of your way to contradict me doesn't do much for your claims you aren't a wum mind.

Says it all about you that anyone who has a different opinion is a wum. There's honestly no need to be so precious.

I think with seven games to go a fiery passionate whirlwind approach is more likely to shake things up than a cool calm head.

Appointing a new manager with 7 games to go is suicide anyway - let alone a lunatic who will instantly be unpopular with players and fans. Players like Sessengnon wont care for a word he says. 30 years ago you could shout & scream your way out of a relegation battle, kick it long & bully your way out- these days you need to be smart, cool & composed - see Mr Martinez at Wigan.

You need to inspire players & help them - not scare the fuck out of them because these lads can get jobs elsewhere.

Can't remember if it was here or N-O but someone made a good point about Sunderland's rare good results have come from a solid defence and grabbing the odd goal. They have no real goalscorers (especially with Fletcher out), if they lose that defensive shape whilst still not being able to score they will be in deeper shit.

I think this "passion" thing is a load of nonsense tbh. There are loads of examples of PDC falling out with players. Getting them fired up is a lot different to falling out with them. He sounds like a right twat to work with so if you are already pissed off with the way the club is going getting an arsehole of a manager in isn't going to motivate you.

A good few fans - including local politicians handing in their season tickets. Fair play to them - especially as some fans are making light of Di Canio's appointment.

Found this on BBC comments:

"I don't think any New Labour MP has any right to criticise others for fascism, considering they spent over a decade playing the race card against anyone who found fault in their immigration policies and increased surveillance to levels that wouldn't seem out of place in North Korea. Di Canio at least flat-out says he's fascist, he doesn't try to dress it up, plus he was a good footballer."

:lol: So it's fine if he's a fascist as long as he doesn't try and hide the fact he is, the "plus he was a good footballer" bit tops it off.

That's the problem with employing people like that in football - legions of fans are desperate to make excuses for him.

Aye there's a lot on there saying just because he's a fascist doesn't mean he's racist.... except he is :lol:. They've made a lot of horrific appointments but this could be their worst, like many have said screaming and jumping about wont galvanize a bunch of millionaires half of which will probably jump ship the second they're down. He's a very dis likable bloke, I really don't see how this will result in anything else but relegation.

It'd be tough for a good manager to take over them and keep them up let alone this cockend.

They really should have kept O'Neill - I think he would have kept them up by 3 or 4 points.

The differences between fascism and racism probably won't concern a millionaire football too much - but dragging him by his ear & shouting your head off will only go one way in this league. You need an experienced manager to sort it out - as I said before - someone to keep it cool. That said I can't say what Di Canio will be like but if he sticks to Italian philosophy he wont be too far from O'Neill.

Unless they get some remarkable luck - like O'Neils start - they are as good as down.