Newcastle v Sunderland

Christmas Tree

..and CT, if it is lucky to score in the last 10 minutes...and therefore unlucky to concede then....we have the second worst "luck" in the league having conceded 11 in that time, but Man U are the luckiest team going having scored 11

http://www.soccerstats.com/timing.asp?league=england

....or perhaps playing right up to the final whistle is an excellent quality which we have been crying out to improve on and where Man U have ALWAYS excelled under Fergie.

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Im just going to shut up as there's nothing left to say that hasn't been said.

When an entire board of football fans with more knoweldge than you tell you you are fucking clueless, then yeah, probably time to shut up

Pardew confirms Ben Arfa will NOT start on Sunday.

Probably for the best, he'd be an immediate focus for being taken out. Last thing we want to do is have him out for another few games.

We'll win it anyway.

Probably for the best, he'd be an immediate focus for being taken out. Last thing we want to do is have him out for another few games.

We'll win it anyway.

Still good if we have: Krul, Debuchy, Saylor, Mbiwa, Haidara, Cabaye, Sissoko, Marveaux, Jonas, Gouffran, Cisse.

Question is, who would you remove from that to accommodate Tiote? Imo, I'd leave him on the bench. Or have Jonas at LB and Tiote/Cabaye/Sissoko in midfield

Then you've Ben Arfa and the Mackem Slayer on the bench

Still good if we have: Krul, Debuchy, Saylor, Mbiwa, Haidara, Cabaye, Sissoko, Marveaux, Jonas, Gouffran, Cisse.

Question is, who would you remove from that to accommodate Tiote? Imo, I'd leave him on the bench. Or have Jonas at LB and Tiote/Cabaye/Sissoko in midfield

Then you've Ben Arfa and the Mackem Slayer on the bench

The way I see it they've pretty much only got aggression to call on here. I'd start Tiote as he can go toe to toe with that (I know that's a sending off gamble), and then take him off at half time if he's picked up a booking. I'd sacrifice Jonas for that probably - less need for his work rate with Debuchy and Haidara. Also, Jonas seems to invite nasty challenges and I'd be concerned about him getting crocked.

Then yes, as you say, bring Ben Arfa off the bench. Perch or Shola for the final sub, depending on how the game is going.

Feeling utterly confident about this now, complacency a possibility?

Amongst the team? I doubt it.

They'll all be well aware of just how important this particular game is.

Priority #1. Win the 3 points

Priority #2. Utterly destroy the scum in the process.

Think this is the game where new manager syndrome should see them perform better than they did at Chelsea......without having played a midweek game.

I'm not gonna be as cocky as all that.

One nowt will do for me.

I'm confident, but realistic. Quality can very easily be undone by passion. I expect them to be going all out to disrupt play, be that by launching into two footers, falling to the ground with every brush of Tiote's boot or time wasting or whatever.