Newcastle v Sunderland

Christmas Tree

I take take defeat. We deserved it for not being up for it. No excuses, don't blame Europe or injuries. I think AP underestimated them and how much they would be up for it under PDC. Fair play. I'm more fucked off and embarrassed by the shameless fucking actions of the idiots after the game. Proud to be a Geordie? Are they fuck.

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where do you live?

Poole in Dorset. Its mostly a mackem free zone, but work at a shipyard in Pompey and theres fuckin dozens of them :glare: Theyre attitude is mostly ok, but as many have said any good natured stuff is quickly forgotten around the time of the derby. Won't hear the end of it. Worst derby performance I can remember. Worse than the play offs.That hailed a new dawn though,not that we knew at the time, without that SJH and Keegan may never have happened. This wont change much. Its debatable whether much needs to change, but ffs, what a fuckin downer. A mate said the 2-1's were harder to take because we'd played well. Which is true, but this sums us up as an outfit at the moment. Fuck knows whats going to happen on any given day.

Poole in Dorset. Its mostly a mackem free zone, but work at a shipyard in Pompey and theres fuckin dozens of them :glare: Theyre attitude is mostly ok, but as many have said any good natured stuff is quickly forgotten around the time of the derby. Won't hear the end of it. Worst derby performance I can remember. Worse than the play offs.That hailed a new dawn though,not that we knew at the time, without that SJH and Keegan may never have happened. This wont change much. Its debatable whether much needs to change, but ffs, what a fuckin downer. A mate said the 2-1's were harder to take because we'd played well. Which is true, but this sums us up as an outfit at the moment. Fuck knows whats going to happen on any given day.

Jesus thats some hike.

I used to work in Sunderland for years and out of a workforce of about 50 at the time, three of us were Newcastle fans. Good natured banter most of the year but unbearable the week before and after a derby.

One of the few Monday's I've enjoyed living in London and with few football fans.

Abject performance, sorely missing a leader on the pitch, some players look dead on their feet before the kick off and others just don't care.

The sooner this season is over, the better.

My sympathies to anyone having to suffer the mackem's celebrating the biggest result of their lives.

It isn't in any way shape or form an exaggeration to say yesterday was the biggest embarrassment for Newcastle United, and for the city in most of our lifetimes. Absolute arsehole fans, arsehole manager, cowardly players, arsehole charvas who probably weren't even at the match, just everything that is wrong with this city rolled in to one day. We're the first ones to say how amazing a football club we can be, how proud we are of our city, how proud we are of geordie culture, so at the same time we should be the first to say what a bunch of arseholes we have amongst us. 45 year old men twatting police horses man, fucking unreal. There's no sentence of negativity that can do justice to how shit yesterday was, a day none of us will ever forget.

As far as the football is concerned, people can bleat on all day about the offside goal, stats showing we had more shots and other times we didn't get the rub of the green, but the fact of the matter is, we were a poor second best to the mackems right through the game. They had excellent shape were very very well organised, and as much as they're twats, I thought they were excellent, and didn't look like a team who were branded the worst in the Premier League many times recently. Pardew is an arsehole. I've never liked him and I never will. "we ad a game Fursday night". What three days ago? Professional athletes can't reinvigorate themselves in three days? Utter bell whiff. Look at this http://nufc.com/html/1987-88.html look at Jan1/Jan2, fair enough those days are gone, but excuses about ONLY having three days, are defensive and bitter. The fact is the mackems were far better, and excuses are only hiding his own fucking ineptitude as a manager. He is an arsehole, he always will be, I can give you a hundred reasons why, but my main gripe with him is his incessant crack about being "unable to compete with the big boys", and his praise of "the owner".

Sunderland were more up for it than us, that's his fault, he's the first one to take the plaudits when we do well, he should be the one who takes full responsibility for that disgrace. I left when they went to 0-3, but I'm hearing Ben Arfa smiling and cuddling di Canio at the end, as good a player as he is, he should be fined a weeks wages. The lot of them owe us big time. THE WORST DAY IN OUR HISTORY, or certainly modern history, nothing comes anywhere near, and I'm including the play offs in 1990 in that.

Pardew is an arsehole. I've never liked him and I never will. "we ad a game Fursday night". What three days ago? Professional athletes can't reinvigorate themselves in three days? Utter bell whiff. Look at this http://nufc.com/html/1987-88.html look at Jan1/Jan2, fair enough those days are gone, but excuses about ONLY having three days, are defensive and bitter. The fact is the mackems were far better, and excuses are only hiding his own fucking ineptitude as a manager. He is an arsehole, he always will be, I can give you a hundred reasons why, but my main gripe with him is his incessant crack about being "unable to compete with the big boys", and his praise of "the owner".

Agreed, especially when we were at home on Thursday and only 5 outfield players started both games. He maybe would've had a point if we started off well and faded towards the end but we were never really at the races. A home game against Sunderland should be the easiest game of the year for him to motivate the players and he completely failed to do it.

Aye.

Regardless we have the foundations of a good thing atm. I'm wary of making wholesale changes on the back of one bad result. The club is finally self sufficient and we have some cracking players too. That said there do need to some things looked at next season. Shola is our Plan B at the minute ffs. The corner situation is laughable at Sunday League level never mind at the top level.

I've been pretty adverse to Pardew leaving because I'm not sure anyone better would be prepared to work under Ashley. Southampton are reaping the benefits from changing their manager however. I don't really know what to think atm if I'm honest. Conflicted on Pardew

It's a sad day when the only person in a black and white shirt to stand his ground on derby day, is the bloke who tries to knock out a horse...

http://www.itv.com/sport/football/update/2013-04-15/police-horse-fine-after-newcastle-fans-wild-punch-video/

The fact that an unrepentant fascist came into the the city with a 3 thousand mackem contingent to take the piss like that is something that will take a long time to recover from.

And to be honest I can't wait to play them again, asap, home or away.

I've been pretty adverse to Pardew leaving because I'm not sure anyone better would be prepared to work under Ashley.

Why not? Given the right wage I think there'd be a queue of managers wanting to work with the talent we have and would gladly accept our recruitment policy given the success we've had with it in recent years.

And since then the club have been very clear about their policy. Any manager joining would understand that. We still have one of the best first XIs in one of the best leagues in the world and one of the best stadiums in Europe. We're certainly not an unattractive prospect for most managers.

Aye.

Regardless we have the foundations of a good thing atm. I'm wary of making wholesale changes on the back of one bad result. The club is finally self sufficient and we have some cracking players too. That said there do need to some things looked at next season. Shola is our Plan B at the minute ffs. The corner situation is laughable at Sunday League level never mind at the top level.

I've been pretty adverse to Pardew leaving because I'm not sure anyone better would be prepared to work under Ashley. Southampton are reaping the benefits from changing their manager however. I don't really know what to think atm if I'm honest. Conflicted on Pardew

Saints have only made the same change we did with Hughton for Pardew though. Do we need to change to someone else to (CLICHE ALERT!!) "take us to the next level"?....we probably do, but Ashley has only appointed those who are out of work and are/were frankly greatful for the job. Ashley needs to change his thinking if he is angling for change. 8 year contracts suggest hes not.

It's not just about Thursday is it though.

The likes of Sissoko have played 10 games in 43 days. A game every 4 days for 6 weeks running.

The mackems have played 3 games in the last 4 weeks.

I don't buy all this blaming Pardew for not getting the players up for it. The players themselves have to take responsibility for that. They all know how important the game was and only one of them (Debuchy) turned up at all.

Also while hearing he trotted out the excuse of tiredness is dissapointing, it's also probably exactly what Alex Ferguson would have done too.

I'm not wanting to blindly defend Pardew and absolve him of all blame because we never seem to come out of the blocks fast enough in any game and you can only look at the manager there. Also bringing on Shola at half time and immediately humping long balls at him is nothing short of pathetic!

It's not just about Thursday is it though.

The likes of Sissoko have played 10 games in 43 days. A game every 4 days for 6 weeks running.

The mackems have played 3 games in the last 4 weeks.

Sissoko definitely looks like he's played too many games recently.

I take take defeat. We deserved it for not being up for it. No excuses, don't blame Europe or injuries. I think AP underestimated them and how much they would be up for it under PDC. Fair play. I'm more fucked off and embarrassed by the shameless fucking actions of the idiots after the game. Proud to be a Geordie? Are they fuck.

This pretty much is how I feel word for word. You have to take the shit with the smooth like, and we have to take our medicine.

I know people were saying how we created more chances but how many did we put away? I'm not even arsed about the Cisse offside goal either as I'm so used to him standing in an offside position that if I can't see it I actually side with the official.

Having said that, I think if the first goal which we gifted to them hadn't have happened then the game would have ended 0-0. The last two goals were us going shit or bust and probably wouldn't have happened at 0-0.

Still, having said that, I have no complaints.

Saints have only made the same change we did with Hughton for Pardew though. Do we need to change to someone else to (CLICHE ALERT!!) "take us to the next level"?....we probably do, but Ashley has only appointed those who are out of work and are/were frankly greatful for the job. Ashley needs to change his thinking if he is angling for change. 8 year contracts suggest hes not.

Not if Adkins was Pardew if you get what I mean. Their new coach seems to know how to get the players playing attractive football. Maybe we need a Dutch/French/Spanish manager?

Gutted - I want to know why we seem to be playing this long ball hoofing crap - and still using Shola. We deserved to be beat with that performance and tactics. Personally, I like Pardew as boss ; but his setup was wrong for any opposition.

I think we did the same many times this year and it just doesnt work and isn't the kind of football I want to see anymore. Play the ball to feet , shoot outside the box rather than put in an ineffictive high ball from 20 yards.

Gutted - I want to know why we seem to be playing this long ball hoofing crap - and still using Shola. We deserved to be beat with that performance and tactics. Personally, I like Pardew as boss ; but his setup was wrong for any opposition.

I think we did the same many times this year and it just doesnt work and isn't the kind of football I want to see anymore. Play the ball to feet , shoot outside the box rather than put in an ineffictive high ball from 20 yards.

The first 20 minutes of the second half after Shola came on was our best period and culminated in the not offside goal.

Also we only played 70% of the long balls we have done on average this season.

People seem to bring out the cliche's when we have a bad result, blaming bad performances or tactics from other games rather than the one they just witnessed.

Where we went wrong yesterday was that Sunderland were brilliant at breaking up our play in the middle of the park. They harried and rushed us at every opportunity. We never wanted it as much in any area of the park.

Tiote never stopped running and was trying to give as good as we got (but made too many errors) Cabaye just wasn't at the races though. Debuchy and Gutierez had license to fly up the wing, as I recall it, for the first Jonas gave away posession on OUR right, despite playing left back, and Debuchy was nowhere to be seen. i wouldn't slate Debuchy's performance. Guttierez will be very disappointed though. Far too many individual mistakes from him...what I asked one of the lads though, given the fact it was so gutless a performance from us overall....who showed more willing and determination, Jonas or marveaux? Did we need more honesty like that or more stepovers around the half way line? Marveaux was only ever interested when we had the ball. He pulled away from challenge after challenge preferring just to close angles...when he could be arsed to do anything.

The forced change to bring on Elliot was a pisser too. With Shola already on it left us with only the one option anyone could take which was to hoy Ben Arfa on. There was little else Pardew could do from that point.

It was the most attacking, adventurous set-up we have had all season though, it highlighted the counter-attacking issues that causes us against a well organised opposition, but I do think against a team more assured of safety, without that new manager bounce, it will be more effective.

well for me we did a whole lot of hoofing yesterday. Does it count as a long ball if its a high ball into the box from 20 yards, we did that all afternoon yesterday.

You mean from 2 yards outside the box?

:D