Loic Remy

GeordieMark

The potential he showed for QPR last season when quite frankly they were garbage left me envious that he ended up with them - lots of what if's.

In light of that, I'll be delighted if he signs - certainly proved he can adapt to the PL.

Playing devil's advocate when Cisse came in January we were certain he was going to be a 30 a season man.

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there not an issue with the number of clubs who have held his permanent registration in a 12 month period?

this rule gets overturned for a lot less than relegation, doesn't it?

...that's normally how the term mercenary comes around, someone who is solely motivated by money working for the highest bidder despite the implications or who is involved, I don't see why you have issue with him being labeled as one.

Yes he's one of many, but it also taints his reputation, he went to a shitey small time club over one that had recently finished 5th and were in europe.

I don't have an issue with him being called a Mercenary but people disliking him because he was a mercenary for someone else and not us.I assume you would have been happy for him to be mercenary for us?Also I assume you work for companies based on how much you like them and wouldn't do the exact same job for someone else because they offered you double the wages.

I don't see why we should think any footballer (foreign ones in particular) would choose to come and play for us for less money that he could get playing in London. Yes they looked knocking bets for relegation but that wasn't going to be something that effected his wage.

If I being chased by two different companies who wanted me to work for them, I would take the job that was better paid. It's a no brainer really.

Players think in this way now too. Maybe in the past they were more focussed on which was the bigger club with better fans but now it's seen as a job and the package offered is what's most important!

Chuffed about this. Finally a bit of movement!

I'd imagine we would have a clause in place where we would pay the remainder of his buy out fee in January and make it permanent should he be cleared, stay fit and score a good few goals.

how does this kind of deal work then? if he has a belting season but qpr are promoted do we still get to keep him?

Edited by Dr Gloom

I'd imagine there'll be a set fee in the loan agreement for which we can buy him regardless of what QPR want. The only problem would be if he has a cracking season and a bigger club comes in for him and the player reneges on the deal.

I would imagine there's a fair chance it would end up being something like what we did with Ben Arfa. If he does well and doesn't get done for rape, then we would make the signing permanent in January so to avoid anyone else getting involved.

I'd imagine there'll be a set fee in the loan agreement for which we can buy him regardless of what QPR want. The only problem would be if he has a cracking season and a bigger club comes in for him and the player reneges on the deal.

I doubt we'd agree a transfer fee and allow the player to renegotiate his contract.

He was arrested in May and answers bail in September. That is more than enough time for evidence gathering (or not) so I would expect him to be released from bail or charged in September. If in the event he is charged in September I wouldn't expect a trial until February at the earliest. Edit, not that thats going to happen.

Edited by desmondTUTU

I doubt we'd agree a transfer fee and allow the player to renegotiate his contract.

I can't see it either but the alternative is signing a player who doesn't want to play for you.

He's not contracted to us until he agrees a permanent deal, he's still QPRs player so it's nothing to do with us allowing him to renegotiate. We'd have to have offered him a permanent deal once the full offer was made to QPR

He's not contracted to us until he agrees a permanent deal, he's still QPRs player so it's nothing to do with us allowing him to renegotiate. We'd have to have offered him a permanent deal once the full offer was made to QPR

That's how I see it.

Set fee which probably would be the difference between the loan fee and his buyout fee.

Contract would be negotiated then. Most likely in January.

I was responding to craig talking about permanent transfer options

it was a question rather than a statement tbh. I wasn't aware of the intricacy of the rules.

Anybody heard any updates on how his medical has gone? seen there was a couple of images posted by the chronicle of him entering our training ground but nothing more.

Presumably if it goes through today they'll have him featuring at some point tomorrow against Rangers you would think? has he been involved much with QPR's pre season?