Newcastle United v West Ham (24 Aug) 15:00

Park Life

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck me it wasn't that bad.

Anyone expecting consistent champagne football from Alan Pardew hasn't been following his career thus far. Add 2 strikers with more/better movement and we'll be ok, i.e. we wont get relegated.

Only thing we can take from that is Anita looked decent.

No firepower upfront, didnt make their keep work once.Says it all.

Yes. Anita is a solid reliable option in the middle, I think he should be persisted with to build some consistency. Sissoko looked more dynamic alongside him.

Fuck me it wasn't that bad.

Anyone expecting consistent champagne football from Alan Pardew hasn't been following his career thus far. Add 2 strikers with more/better movement and we'll be ok, i.e. we wont get relegated.

Agree with you there tbh.

The way some go on its a wonder they don't hang themselves if they drop a chip on the floor.

After thirteen years I've got to say I'm completely shocked that Shola looked shite, just didn't see that one coming.

:lol:

He did a job of getting under Reid's skin a little, all for nothing. How off the pace did he look the couple of times he had the ball at the top of the box? :o With the players we have I'm wondering who could have started. Shocking that no matter how poor Cisse plays he's guaranteed to start.

ye what?

we're at home and didn't have a single shot on target, not even one, and we had a chance from 2yards out and put it over :lol:

it really was pretty fucking awful, no one is saying champagne football, but is it too much to ask that you get a single attempt on target in an hour and a half

You cant put one offs like that down to lack of quality though they happen to the best players in the world sometimes.

They set up for a draw and got it.

Aye, Newcastle forum and all so the focus will obviously be on us but no one is mentioning west ham in their post-match suicide notes.

ye what?

we're at home and didn't have a single shot on target, not even one, and we had a chance from 2yards out and put it over :lol:

it really was pretty fucking awful, no one is saying champagne football, but is it too much to ask that you get a single attempt on target in an hour and a half

Well were you honestly expecting much different? What the fuck have you been watching in the last 12 months? :lol:

In the circumstances, we did ok. Am not happy with the situation, but I've seen us play worse and we have been in worse situations.

12 goals conceaded in the last 3 home games. Today was an improvement. Be realistic. We need 2 new strikers, if we get them, then we can see if we can kick on.

Edited by PaddockLad

ye what?

it really was pretty fucking awful, no one is saying champagne football, but is it too much to ask that you get a single attempt on target in an hour and a half, at home, against west ham.

True but at least we tried to play some decent stuff on the ground.

Some creativity up front is critically needed. Don't think Ashley gives shite.

they do, we'll scrub that from the 0 shots on target in 90minutes

what about the 0 shots on target in the other 89m20seconds ;)

We're properly fucked this season if we don't get someone putting it in the net soon.

true, I don't think the team played poorly today though, I think the forwards did.

We looked better with Gouffran on (sitter not withstanding) and I think we'll look moreso when Remy plays.

Aye, Newcastle forum and all so the focus will obviously be on us but no one is mentioning west ham in their post-match suicide notes.

Yup. No great surprise that an Allardyce side was set up to frustrate the home team and try and nick something from set pieces, or an individual spark from Joe Cole or Downing and the like.

Doesn't mean we're fine and I think everybody agrees we need both a striker and a central player to pull the strings as Cabaye did. Really concerned that we'll not sign anybody else now.