Season Ticket Renewal/Apathy - £25 Half Season tickets

Tooj

This is me. I reckon I spend close to 2 grand a year on NUFC related stuff (season ticket x 2, drinks, odd away games). No more, that money is being ring fenced for my other love, walking in the lakes and Scotland.

Dare i ask what 2 grand buys you in scotland?

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dare i ask what 2 grand buys you in scotland?

I always stay in decent hotels. 2 grand is 6 weekends, with the wife and nipper. The kid is a couple of years off hill walking yet, so I currently solo walk going slightly crazy talking to myself. :D

Haven't had a season ticket in over a decade. But if I still lived back home I'd be in the same boat. I'm dutifully but reluctantly watching the streams of our matches right now. Ashley has turned it into an utterly joyless experience.

Only kept mine going for the laddie as I can't find the words to explain the politics that are going on without swearing. All I do is pray nightly that the fat man and kinnear die in their sleep or die in a fatal helicopter crash.

Edited by Jusoda Kid

All power to you chaps. The more people that vote with their feet the better.

I still enjoy a matchday personally. Was like a kid at christmas on Saturday morning :D

Me too and most will enjoy meeting with mates for a pint etc until the match sometimes spoils it. Sometimes you have to sacrifice things in life and not contributing to Mike Ashley's NUFC is my statement to him. Might not make that much difference in the bigger picture but how many do you think we'd be getting on the gates with the constant shit, disrespect and mediocrity he's palmed our way since he took the reigns if he never had all these ticket deals on? Why does this tight bastard feel it in his heart to offer a steady flow of deals on tickets then sometimes gazump them half way through with even cheaper last minute deals? They know people are going to put off with no signings and showing a blatant lack of ambition so he buys the fans off to keep them sweet. I'd love to know how many fans have jacked in his ownership, largely people who were paying comparatively more than todays prices I'd wager.

People were a lot keener on staying away 20/30 years ago. Possibly a stronger sense and tradition of dissent in society in general caused that. Now we just let ourselves be sedueced by comparitively cheap tickets and turn up every other week to be fucked over yet again.

I think people aren't as bothered to do anything as they once did. According to media popular myth the eighties were the time of the filofax and yuppies and a 'fuck you' culture whereas I remember Miners strikes, teacher strikes (had a few bonus afternoons off back then :D), Mothers gathering at Greenham Common as they didn't want American cruise missiles in this country and the poll tax riots which finally did for Thatcher. Locally all the Mam's in my street went up to the council to protest at being moved forcibly. Not really sure you get the same intensity now in the days of ipad/twitter/facebook and the huge wealth of digital entertainment. It's almost a modern version of bread and circuses to keep the mob happy and distracted. (May be talking shite here but that's my perception FWIW).

It's become a chore to watch to be quite honest and I feel for the people who have season tickets and go for the bairns/family. Watching free from across the ocean is wretched enough, but paying to have your hair come in and be told it's Christmas (© trophyshy) is beyond the pale. It's one giant piss-take now and has been ever since Keegan walked and Ashley threw a strop when we told him, in essence, that the honeymoon was over.

But I understand the opposite viewpoint that says back the team no matter what. Why should we allow this fat chancer and his cronies to suck the enjoyment out of something that we own and have always loved? I can't blame those who walk away or those who stay and try to support the lads. It's a desperate position and one that shows no sign whatsoever of changing.

I still the enjoy the craic with the lads I go with whom I'm gone with for years. If I was going on my own or the others had jacked it in then I would probably be questioning more whether to stick or not. The club get no more money off me that my season ticket though, I haven't bought any merchandise from the club shop or anywhere else for 10 years. No pies or pints at the ground, nowt.

Don't know if it's been mentioned elsewhere in another thread but I had a real issue on Saturday in that my card didn't work at the turnstile and the attitude and general unhelpfulness of the stewards (sent to 3 different turnstiles and told there would be a machine to turn it on - long story, got in 20 minutes late, letter of complaint going into tomorrow) sum up how this club is now shit from top to bottom in every department. Saturday was the first time where I truly personally felt the club couldn't give a shite about any of us.

I still the enjoy the craic with the lads I go with whom I'm gone with for years. If I was going on my own or the others had jacked it in then I would probably be questioning more whether to stick or not. The club get no more money off me that my season ticket though, I haven't bought any merchandise from the club shop or anywhere else for 10 years. No pies or pints at the ground, nowt.

Don't know if it's been mentioned elsewhere in another thread but I had a real issue on Saturday in that my card didn't work at the turnstile and the attitude and general unhelpfulness of the stewards (sent to 3 different turnstiles and told there would be a machine to turn it on - long story, got in 20 minutes late, letter of complaint going into tomorrow) sum up how this club is now shit from top to bottom in every department. Saturday was the first time where I truly personally felt the club couldn't give a shite about any of us.

The box office is absolutely shite as well. The amount of complaints you see on Twitter of tickets being sent to wrong addresses or the wrong number of tickets sent out seems to intensify all the time and people are always complaining about how bad the phone lines are.

Edited by Ayatollah Hermione

Haven't had a season ticket in over a decade. But if I still lived back home I'd be in the same boat. I'm dutifully but reluctantly watching the streams of our matches right now. Ashley has turned it into an utterly joyless experience.

To be fair ... Pardew goes a long way to making it an 'utterly joyless experience'

I firmly believe that squad of players (even without new signings) shouldn't be finishing 5th bottom or starting this season with not a shot on target in the first 180 minutes.

Agree in general though that the Club as a whole is being worn down to a level where survival is going to be the mainstay. Ashley wants his money back.

The box office is absolutely shite as well. The amount of complaints you see on Twitter of tickets being sent to wrong addresses or the wrong number of tickets sent out seems to intensify all the time and people are always complaining about how bad the phone lines are.

I'd guess the box office is being ran on an absolute shoestring. Note they made Harpers testimonial 'online only' With the arrival of the ten year deals the need to fully staff the box office is gone.

We generally take the minimum number of 'away' allocations. And as someone who deals with 100's of away tickets each season I can confirm the wrong address theory as being my biggest bugbear - after I spend fuck knows how much time sorting everything into the relevant 'groups' they still send them any-fucking-where they choose to.

Aye, I eventually got sent to the Box Office, and joined the massive queue of other people who had not had their tickets turned on. The queue was even bigger when I got out. So there must have been hundreds of fans who were affected. Is there an apology or even an explanation from the club? Is there shite. Like I said before though, the rot starts at the top. If those at the top couldn't give a shite then why should those at the bottom? Premier League club my arse.

The Box Office have been rubbish since long before Ashley arrived. I remember them reassigning my membership number to somebody else and sending them my season ticket a few years back.

It wasn't until I rang to ask where my ticket was that they realised the error (after first arguing that I couldn't possibly be who I said I was cos that's not what my membership number said). They eventually rang the bloke, discovered he was away on business in China, and told me I'd have to wait til he got back and sent my season ticket back to them, before they could send it to me.

Needless to say, with the season just around the corner, I didn't agree to that.

Had to listen to two blokes at work arguing this morning about a prospective new signing. One is a Scouser, the other a Newcastle fan. I was turning inside out cringing at the Newcastle lad saying "Why would he want to play for Wigan when he can play for one of the top 6 sides in the country?" :blush:

What are you even on about?

Had to listen to two blokes at work arguing this morning about a prospective new signing. One is a Scouser, the other a Newcastle fan. I was turning inside out cringing at the Newcastle lad saying "Why would he want to play for Wigan when he can play for one of the top 6 sides in the country?" :blush:

What are you even on about?

Is this the famous "mag at work" they go on about on rtg? You should tell him to stfu !

Was reading comments from Krul on twitter about hoping there would be a good crowd for tomorrow's game. Made me think about this discussion again.

Lets say our average attendance came down to 30 000 this season. By staying away do we further demoralise already frustrated players? Those pulling up their socks and going for it for the sake of the fans and the club. How much would it affect overall performance and the position we end up at at the end of the season. Would the hit on Ashley's pocket be worth any potentially adverse effects on player morale and thus performances? Its all hypothetical of course, just wondering.