Season Ticket Renewal/Apathy - £25 Half Season tickets

Tooj

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, so I want to cancel my 10 year deal now and thought I had til the end of this month to do so. I've got some material that says I need to 'by February' which is canny vague. But looking on the club website, section 14.7 of the T&C, it says I needed to do it on or before the 31st January and later cancellations won't be allowed.

Which is me fucked I guess. Question is, if I cancel my DD now anyway, are they really likely to take me to court for breach of contract? For various reasons I really can not take the risk of legal action or facing a ccj taken out against me at the moment.

One just cancel the direct debit and drop the box office an email confirming cancellation. That will be then end of it.

If by some miracle it's not, they will contact you many many times to try and recover the money before it gets to court (which even in the worst cases it never does).

It's about self respect now. Do you have any, motherfuckers?

:lol:

Just because you're under the thumb and have to go cycling in the woods every saturday after programming your hoover, it doesn't mean the rest of us shouldn't enjoy a day out with the lads watching men kick a pigs bladder every other week. As is tradition.

Okay, so I want to cancel my 10 year deal now and thought I had til the end of this month to do so. I've got some material that says I need to 'by February' which is canny vague. But looking on the club website, section 14.7 of the T&C, it says I needed to do it on or before the 31st January and later cancellations won't be allowed.

Which is me fucked I guess. Question is, if I cancel my DD now anyway, are they really likely to take me to court for breach of contract? For various reasons I really can not take the risk of legal action or facing a ccj taken out against me at the moment.

Not going to happen, any court wouldn't find against someone over non-payment of something they haven't even had yet because they don't want it anymore, especially as you are giving notice that you don't want it WAAAAY in advance.

It'd end up costing the club so much more than the season ticket cash to pursue you for it, not to mention the bad PR (which would be way in excess of bad PR because of the on-going stupidity exhibited by the club). e.g. bog standard Solicitor is around £200 an hour. Three hours graft and it's cost them more than they'd recover.

Stop the DD, I would guess it'll go something like this - when they get an unpaid, they'll send you a letter saying pay up or your ticket will be canned, ignore letter, maybe another letter saying tickets been canned. Doubt you'll get a further one beyond that saying and we're taking you to court.

Edited by Toonpack

Just backdate your cancellation letter and send it now, then cancel the DD.

Oldest trick in the book, sadly postmarks over-ride letter dates in legal matters (or used to when I was in the persecute folks for their debts game).

Yeah they do, but the box office are thick as mince. The envelope will be straight in the bin.

Agreed, but it won't come to court anyway, it's not like recovery of an unpaid bill, it's a breach of contract, that's a whole different ballgame in legal process etc.

Edited by Toonpack

You'll be fine - this is from midds..

Just rang the Box Office to confirm a few things re cancelling using DD. The deadline was indeed the 31st January but when I asked how I would go about cancelling for next season, conversation went as follows:

"it's against the terms and conditions but if you cancel your DD mandate at the bank there's nothing we can do about that."

"So will I still be able to attend the rest of the games this season or will my card become inactive?"

"You've paid for the season so that's fine."

"Do I need to send you an email to confirm it?"

"No."

"So I just cancel the DD and that's it?"

"Yes"

One would hope that this is a very real indication to Mike Ashley that many many people are not happy with the direction that he is taking this club. If he has any mid-long term ambition to hang around, in the interest of maintaining the value of his asset he would be churlish not to make funds available in the summer to bring in a number of new players. It won't of course change his outlook on conducting business, but it will at least add sufficient anticipation and excitement for supporters who at the end of the day ultimately just want to be entertained watching their club.

They've got it wrong if they think that you need to bring in better players to improve your team. Whilst that will undeniably have that same effect you can improve the morale and effort and therefore performance of your existing players just by bringing in some fresh team members of decent enough quality.

@LynnOtago: Your original contract as I believe states the end of Feb as the final day to cancel, if they've not informed you of a change then the original terms & conditions still stand. Your credit rating won't be affected as you don't 'own' anything from them.

Tbh after watching the derby, the players really doesn't seem have much care left for fans, football or anything going on inside a football stadium. Don't really think it matters much for them if people cancel their tickets, they just wanna leave this mess of club and uses only the top club games as a showcase to get somewhere else. I don't blame them though, nobody wanna work with Ashley after they know who he is.

Edited by Aeris

Tbh after watching the derby, the players really doesn't seem have much care left for fans, football or anything going on inside a football stadium. Don't really think it matters much for them if people cancel their tickets, they just wanna leave this mess of club and uses only the top club games as a showcase to get somewhere else. I don't blame them though, nobody wanna work with Ashley after they know who he is.