Pardew Statement

Kid Dynamite

NEWCASTLE UNITED manager Alan Pardew has spoken for the first time since the club failed to land any of their transfer targets on deadline day.

The Magpies made just one new addition to their senior squad during the transfer window with Loic Remy joining on a season-long loan deal from QPR.

Pardew, who was keen to bring in another two players to strengthen his squad, released a statement this afternoon after fans took to social networking sites to vent their frustration at a lack of business, despite the arrival of director of football Joe Kinnear.

The statement from Pardew read: "We are delighted to have brought Loic Remy to the club in this window and we believe he will form an exciting and effective partnership with Papiss Cisse.

"Joe has worked hard on numerous targets, particularly an additional offensive player. However some of the options that were available within our financial means were not as good as the players we already had and there is no point bringing in new players unless they can improve us and take us forward.

"We did the majority of our business in the January window, signing five excellent first team players.

"With the strong squad we have we should all approach the season in a positive, optimistic frame of mind."

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where the fuck do you start with that :lol:

Blatantly an Ashley penned, 'get off Joe's back' statement.

The 5 players bought in January are the 5 we should have bought last Summer and subsequently panic bought when we were in trouble by Xmas

Also, 'within our financial means'? 4th biggest stadium in the league, relatively low wage bill, can't remember the last time we spent double figures (mil) on a player, £60mil TV money, billionaire owner. . . . We are well under our financial means

Infuriating. Would rather they all kept shut up to be honest. We just dont have any hope anymore, least they can do is shut the hell up and save the club more embarrassment till the time Ashley gets lost which cant come soon enough.

So the transfer window has shown us that a) Ashley has no interest in investing in the club aside from ensuring we continue to get Premier League TV payments, B) Pardew is a yes man willing to say whatever he needs to to remain in a job beyond his capabilities and c) Joe Kinnear is a useless gobshite.

We all knew this before the transfer window opened. As annoying as it is, it shouldn't come as a shock.

Despite not rating him, I actually feel sorry for Pardew now. Clearly he's been forced into this. It's all painfully expected though. I've got to the stage though that I can't be arsed to get angry with any of it anymore. I'm certain in my own mind that I know exactly what the fat cunt is up to so I'm just focussing on the team we have and the matches we play. That's the only thing I have any hope of getting enjoyment from!

Despite not rating him, I actually feel sorry for Pardew now. Clearly he's been forced into this. It's all painfully expected though. I've got to the stage though that I can't be arsed to get angry with any of it anymore. I'm certain in my own mind that I know exactly what the fat cunt is up to so I'm just focussing on the team we have and the matches we play. That's the only thing I have any hope of getting enjoyment from!

Dont feel sorry for him at all. Either he's in on the whole thing from the start or a boot licking yes man, we're getting screwed in either case.

Feel sorry for the players though, we signed some good ones and they must have come here knowing we had some sort of plan for the future.

How much is each Premier League position worth again? (i.e. how much extra do we get for one place further up the table?)

As well as the bumper television rights, for each place higher up the table a club finishes, they earn around £750,000 extra on the merit of their place. Last season, first place was awarded £15.1m for their finish, with 20th getting £755,000

I don't feel sorry for him at all. He should never have got the job in the first place and got it on the premise of being a yes man. Now it has gone as far, Ashley "raping" him to use Pardews own lingo, that I'll only respect him if he resigns.

I sincerely hope he doesn't resign, purely down to the fact Fat Joe should be nowhere near the management room.

Dont feel sorry for him at all. Either he's in on the whole thing from the start or a boot licking yes man, we're getting screwed in either case.

Feel sorry for the players though, we signed some good ones and they must have come here knowing we had some sort of plan for the future.

There is literally nothing he could do help the matter though. He has a rant againt the fat cunt and he gets sacked and someone else who wont do that replaces him. Probably JFK. Yes we might have some respect for him for doing it but it doesn't help us.

Honestly man I don't know whether to laugh or cry. So there was no one in world football available that would have improved our front line within our financial means? surely we could have scrimped for Lukaku on loan.

Like everyone has said it's clear as day this isn't Pardew's own words, it's just all so pathetic. Teams that were recently League one sides are now better than us and have more ambition than us. Swansea's owner is worth under £200m iirc, and their attendances are dwarfed by ours, I'm sure their merchandise sales are hammered by ours as well, yet they can afford to buy players like Bony and we cant? they honestly think the fans will buy this tripe, or (more likely) they just don't give a shite about us.

Have been fed bullshit for the 3 months of the window, this is just a continuation.

If we couldn't bring in anyone "within our financial means" where the fuck is all the tv, sponsorship, advertising match day revenue going to? The next balance sheet would need to be mighty impressive.