Newcastle v Hull

Happy Face

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alan Pardew is about as inspiring as turd semolina. He occasionally accidentally knocks some hundreds and thousands on top, but generally what's served up is minging.

I think these players would do well with a proper leader. I know they're not going to get one.

Alan Pardew is about as inspiring as turd semolina. He occasionally accidentally knocks some hundreds and thousands on top, but generally what's served up is minging.

And still CT doesn't like him. Professional jealousy?

Where do you start? How Debauchy can boast of having been capped for France is beyond my comprehension. What a useless player. Ben Arfa was marked out of the game and so he just gave up. Pappis Cisse has been able to do nothing for so many games now. The amount of open space allowed for the opposition was embarrassing. Some of the players don't even know what role that's expected of them out there - where is Moussa Sissoko supposed to be playing? Is he not a box-to-box player? So why then is he not playing deeper and using his athleticism and strength in transission or was this all just a myth about his abilities before he joined? Is all of it his fault? And are the faults of the other players theirs?

As much as the players are to blame for the lack of fight in them, and that in itself is a major worry going forward, again it is a poor refelction of Pardew's abilities as manager. He is out of his depth. He just doesn't know how to work with technical players and mould them into a cohesive unit. It is clear that the players haven't been put through many drills on the training ground and it is clear he still doesn't understand the strengths and weaknesses of some of the players and how to get the best out of them. Never mind his abiltiy to recognise when to change things up during a game and by that I don't mean to hoof it up and hope for the best. And as easy as it is to blame it all on the lack of ambition by Ashley to strengthen the squad, and of course that argument has a lot of merit, that is no excuse for the performance against a team favoured to go back down and who lost key players mid week through injury just to add insult to injury.

Pardew is a a one-dimensional, one-trick-pony manager. His only strength is to use his words to inspire and motivate his teams to do well for him but when most of the squad have a limited grasp of the English language, who can easily be lost in translation and who can't draw on the message that Pardew intends for them then you have a bit of a problem there. And so it must come back to team shape and team tactics and his inabiltites to address these issues become painfully exposed for all to see.

I don't think I'll bother staying up to watch them again now. It has become too much of a chore and is not worth the sleep-in anymore. The highlights show will be enough time devoted from here on in I think.

Where do you start? How Debauchy can boast of having been capped for France is beyond my comprehension. What a useless player. Ben Arfa was marked out of the game and so he just gave up. Pappis Cisse has been able to do nothing for so many games now. The amount of open space allowed for the opposition was embarrassing. Some of the players don't even know what role that's expected of them out there - where is Moussa Sissoko supposed to be playing? Is he not a box-to-box player? So why then is he not playing deeper and using his athleticism and strength in transission or was this all just a myth about his abilities before he joined? Is all of it his fault? And are the faults of the other players theirs?

As much as the players are to blame for the lack of fight in them, and that in itself is a major worry going forward, again it is a poor refelction of Pardew's abilities as manager. He is out of his depth. He just doesn't know how to work with technical players and mould them into a cohesive unit. It is clear that the players haven't been put through many drills on the training ground and it is clear he still doesn't understand the strengths and weaknesses of some of the players and how to get the best out of them. Never mind his abiltiy to recognise when to change things up during a game and by that I don't mean to hoof it up and hope for the best. And as easy as it is to blame it all on the lack of ambition by Ashley to strengthen the squad, and of course that argument has a lot of merit, that is no excuse for the performance against a team favoured to go back down and who lost key players mid week through injury just to add insult to injury.

Pardew is a a one-dimensional, one-trick-pony manager. His only strength is to use his words to inspire and motivate his teams to do well for him but when most of the squad have a limited grasp of the English language, who can easily be lost in translation and who can't draw on the message that Pardew intends for them then you have a bit of a problem there. And so it must come back to team shape and team tactics and his inabiltites to address these issues become painfully exposed for all to see.

I don't think I'll bother staying up to watch them again now. It has become too much of a chore and is not worth the sleep-in anymore. The highlights show will be enough time devoted from here on in I think.

Bloody hell, one bad result :lol:

If anyone expects us to win week in week out you only have yourself to blame, it wont happen. We'll have the odd good result, and the odd really bad one like yesterday's. All in between general mid table mediocrity. We'll finish between 10th-12th. Get that in your head.

If anyone expects us to win week in week out you only have yourself to blame, it wont happen. We'll have the odd good result, and the odd really bad one like yesterday's. All in between general mid table mediocrity. We'll finish between 10th-12th. Get that in your head.

Nail on head.

Think Ken's got a bad case of amnesia, he seems to have forgotten we're owned by Mike Ashley.

I think we struggled against Hull because our defence had an aberrant day, our centre was absent (bar Anita) and our main outlet had an off day.

My worry is the upcoming fixtures. Everton (a), Cardiff (a), Liverpool (h) and a sunderland team who could well have a new manager and therefore screw with the natural order of things

Axh1Na6CQAAq_YS.png

Everyone expected us to win yesterday.

Nobody expected such a gutless surrender.

rqz3.png

As an aside; all of our 5 goals have come from open play, normally I'd be content with that, but it's further proving to me that we need better coaching.

Edited by The Fish

Watching the goals back last night, our defending was fucking atrocious. All 3 goals, their players didn't have a defender within 15 yards of them :lol: These are 4 full international defenders for France, Argentina and Italy. I'd get bollocked on a Sunday morning for giving my man that much room

Don't know why anyone is defending Cissé. We were knocking that ball about with real verve and purpose, the ball goes into Cissé's feet along the deck, he first times it out of play 10 yards inside our own half. Inexcusably bad play made worse by the fact that Hull equalised from the resulting possession. I'd have subbed him there and then.

Is it a concern that none of our starters or subs were British or native English speakers? Is this discussed anywhere else on here?

Ken mentioned it.

To me its not a concern, never stopped Arsenal doing well.

Everyone expected us to win yesterday.

Nobody expected such a gutless surrender.

So wins against and Villa have wiped the memory of last season's last 3 home performances? :lol:

Last season was shite, the window was shite, yet folk are still expecting us to win yesterday on the back of two reasonable performances? we're a work in progress at the very best, at worst we're a cobbled together side full of cheap deals who a mediocre manager has no chance of getting the best out of. Am fuckin mystified by the inability of some to take a broad view of whats going on at NUFC instead of knee jerking their way through the season.

We surrenedered dozens of times last season in the same fashion as we did yesterday, what makes anyone think its going to be much different this season? We're passing it a bit more which is very encouraging for me,and we made very positive substitutions which you've singularly failed to acknowledge as they pretty much cost us a point. Marveux on for Cabaye would normally have you frothing at the slit but that was the straw that broke the camels back along with the defence going awol. Pardew fucked up like this all last season and people still expected us to win yesterday. Dont get it myself.

Edited by PaddockLad

The thing with newly promoted sides is ideally you want to play them later in the season when they've all the life knocked out of them. Yesterday was a classic example of a promoted side looking unsure for the first 15 min which we pretty much dominated (they had 3 on Hatem and shit themselves at the sight of a Remy coming in at pace)...It started to go wrong when they scored and gained confidence...I noticed their mf stepped up the park a bit more and exploited all the space behind Debuchy (most of the game he was everywhere except where he should have been - for the first goal he was closing down a player on the left hand edge of the box :lol:

We can all agree we expected to win by two or three goals and the amount of players gettiing into the box the first half shows that Pardew expected the same....But this is a side fragile in confidence and still lacklustre in finding solutions in the final third...I suspect/Iknow our attacking coaching is woefully inadequate..Remy has glossed over this cause he being new is just playing as he's always played.

I see that Sissoko looked much happier coming from deeper areas in the first attacking phase and our mf pair should be him and Anita (the best football mind we have). I would drop Cabaret, Debbie, Cissy and possibly Santon. Taylor at right back for the upcoming games will give us much more security in that zone (he is 500 time s the tackler Debbie is). Haidara I really like and think for the PL he will prove to be better than Santon as time goes on with the bonus of being able to naturally cross with his left foot and has pace. The lone forward should cleary be Remy (a confident, quick and intuitive finisher with pace to burn). Play Goofy and Hatem either side a littel deeper linking in wide AM/F roles.

I would look to sell Cabaret asap.

Don't know why anyone is defending Cissé. We were knocking that ball about with real verve and purpose, the ball goes into Cissé's feet along the deck, he first times it out of play 10 yards inside our own half. Inexcusably bad play made worse by the fact that Hull equalised from the resulting possession. I'd have subbed him there and then.

Fair one, and brought who on?