Politics

Christmas Tree

That could happen as well as protest type voting tends to dissapear at election times.

Which is why

For all it's big news in isolation, I imagine UKIP will have expected to win by more.

:D

I can see UKIP getting 6-7 MPs but losing Rochester. Couple of northern seats with mixed electorates look like potentially fertile territory.

I know it's not a new argument, but with the only argument put forward for First Past The Post is it "creates strong governments" then I hope when we get another hung parliament in May it means that electoral reform comes back to the forefront.

I was at the Radical Independence conference yesterday in Glasgow. Really pleasing to see the left finally coming together in Scotland. We need a strong left all over the UK to fight off the purple headed monster.

Was just reading that.

"To make things worse, there was what he still sees as the simple iniquity of the governments actions, which arguably had a distinct flavour of class war, waged from the top: drastically cutting council funding per head in predominantly Labour areas, while more affluent, Tory-inclined places were comparatively untouched. In Guildford in Surrey, for example, the cuts between 2010 and 2013 worked out at £19 per resident; in Newcastle, it was £162. Even civil servants have given up trying to justify it as objective and rational, Forbes told me. Its entirely political. And I think it denotes an intent by the government to push mainly Labour-run councils into bankruptcy.

I'm getting to the stage where I detest the current Labour opposition nearly as much for not destroying the cunts at every opportunity on stuff like that.

Can't find the numbers for that, I might be well off, but is that not just an indication that a huge proportion of Muslim lads are called Mohammed, rather than Ahmed etc. ?

Aye. I think what has kept it out of these lists in the past is that there are lots of variations on the spelling. I'm not sure if they're simply counting them all as one name these days.

First born son us traditionally called Mohammed I think.

Moslems make up 8%(?) of the population, so why no increase in female names too?....there's no other Moslem names in the lists that I saw over the weekend.

Sounds like a fib to draw attention to the survey?....

Moslems make up 8%(?) of the population, so why no increase in female names too?....there's no other Moslem names in the lists that I saw over the weekend.

You're not wrong.

The name can be spelled 10 different ways, so when they’re all added together, it jumps up to first place.

http://www.babycentre.co.uk/a25011623/most-popular-baby-name-trends-2014#ixzz3KddUlw4W

Not sure if its taken into account that if your last name is Mohammed then it becomes your first name and your given name is then your surname also.

Knew a set of twins both called Mohammed in college.