Politics

Christmas Tree

13 hours ago, Gemmill said:

My lass has thought about doing supply just cos it takes away all of the politics and non-teaching stuff that you shouldn't have to do.

She's currently trying to give up her (unpaid) head of year title cos all it means is that every fucking parent who thinks their kid needs special treatment has a direct line into her to deal with on top of all her teaching.

It's a completely broken profession.

Doesn’t get any better in higher education, our lass is a university lecturer and it’s just as bad. She gets paid pretty well but if I worked out her hourly rate it would be either hilarious/depressing.

Also she is starting to get the kids who had 2 years at home through covid and they are all backwards apparently

• Like 1

1 minute ago, strawb said:

Doesn’t get any better in higher education, our lass is a university lecturer and it’s just as bad. She gets paid pretty well but if I worked out her hourly rate it would be either hilarious/depressing.

Also she is starting to get the kids who had 2 years at home through covid and they are all backwards apparently

Aye my lass says the same about the covid kids. Don't know how to interact with one another or just in general. They go straight to tantrums if anything goes against them etc.

And the whole teacher-parent relationship was broken by COVID. Parents were given a direct line in to teachers cos of the home schooling thing, and they've not relinquished it. They think they should be able to direct their kid's education like a conductor.

Someone going into this cold would completely lose patience with these parents within minutes.

There's a weird hierarchy thing amongst the staff at schools as well that I can't deal with. My lass will tell me stuff that has happened at school, and honestly if it happened at my place or any where else in the private sector, you'd just tear a fucking strip off whoever said it to you, and it would never happen again. But they're all like "Oh no you can't do that. This is just how it works in schools."

Gets to the point where I can't talk to her about it cos all I can think is "either you tell him he's a cunt or I'll call in and do it for you cos it is just radge that this is going on."

• Like 1

Obviously I would never do it, horseshoe hair heed! That's why I just have to stop talking to her about it.

If I ever go to their Christmas Party again though, all bets are off. It'd be like the game Hitman even down to the cueball heed.

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, strawb said:

I know a few teachers and they do graft hard, but the lecturers I know, fuck me they graft.  I have done a few lecturers for my old gaffer who's head of Engineering at Leeds uni.  No way would I do it full time.

24 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

I know a few teachers and they do graft hard, but the lecturers I know, fuck me they graft.  I have done a few lecturers for my old gaffer who's head of Engineering at Leeds uni.  No way would I do it full time.

Marlon Brando Godfather GIF by Filmin

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

She’s looking for a way out as well tbh, the politics like Gemmil said. She loves teaching and working with the kids but all the bullshit she has to do man, including working a full week at clearing on the phones like a salesman trying to get kids to join courses despite the uni having a recruitment team. She has a masters and is nearly finished her PhD and she’s working in a call centre

Couple more years when the mortgage is gone and she can go and do community work with troubled kids or something that she will actually enjoy, and it will save me the ear ache of her moan at me for an hour as soon as she’s through the door 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

she’d be hopeless under interrogation 

The Gestapo were just locking the front door and the taxi was waiting to take them to her interrogation but she just shit the bed before they'd even left the driveway.

• Haha 4

The state of Parliament. It's fairly obvious Cleverly is a lying cunt here, and anyway admits to randomly calling a colleague a "shit" which frankly is not normal in any other work place, but according to the deputy speaker it's Cunningham that is in the wrong for suggesting Cleverly is not telling the truth? What a fucking pile of shite. Burn Parliament down with the tory fuckers still in it. 

image.png.b08b295ceeb069f2d9bd08143c0739a5.png

I could not and would not say the exact thing you can clearly hear me say on multiple recordings. It's slanderous to even accuse me of the thing you have irrefutable proof of me saying.

This parliamentary procedure stuff, where you can’t accuse someone of lying (and can be ejected from the chamber if you do) is all part of the archaic game it is to the likes of Cleverly. That’s why they don’t want that sort of thing changed. Like that cunt Christopher Chope who regularly prevents private members bills, seemingly just for a good old chortle. Despite putting forward loads of private members bills himself. I’d reform the whole thing from top to bottom, as almost everything about it is out of date. From the procedures to the electoral system. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Alex said:

This parliamentary procedure stuff, where you can’t accuse someone of lying (and can be ejected from the chamber if you do) is all part of the archaic game it is to the likes of Cleverly. That’s why they don’t want that sort of thing changed. Like that cunt Christopher Chope who regularly prevents private members bills, seemingly just for a good old chortle. Despite putting forward loads of private members bills himself. I’d reform the whole thing from top to bottom, as almost everything about it is out of date. From the procedures to the electoral system. 

Indeed.  Most of the procedure is based on "gentlemen" being trustworthy and honest.  Clearly, no longer fit for purpose (if it ever was), but unlikely to be changed, because, well, politicians who don't want to miss the gravy train.

• Like 2