Politics

Christmas Tree

36 minutes ago, scoobos said:

I wouldn't call the vast majority of the country who think Anti-vaxx is madness "a bubble".

I can sympathise with it in the very early days "new technology" and all that - but the fact that hundreds of millions aren't dying of their immune systems attacking themselves , or 5G radiation or whatever, the window has passed.

What bugs me personally, is why not just be honest about why you dont want to take it. Technically it's your body and your choice what to do with it ; but backing up your own reservations or fears with "I'm not scared of Covid" , "Its just a cold" , "Its an experimental drug" (like its the first time we've tried vaccination), "Bill gates microchip" etc etc etc ..... Why? That's potentially actually harming other people who buy that crap, just so you dont have to be honest about having vulnerabilities or fears.

I think its perfectly normal for many people to not want to be injected - many people routinely faint or get hyper anxious around needles. Thats a decent reason to share, not "I'm not scared, I'm a warrior - now lets go burn down some masts, or rally without vaccines, masks or anything and say its all a conspiracy".

I never said any of those things though, it’s a common tactic though to exaggerate what your “opponent” is saying

i’ve had loads of vaccines, my wife and kids too so “anti vax” is just saying something that isn’t true

i don’t think they’re putting chips in us and I don’t blame 5g

i just don’t feel comfortable taking these current vaccines (not that it’s anyones business) …I’m also not posting on my :quotes: socials :quotes: about any supposed dangers

I’m staying away from people so I don’t catch it or transmit it and when novavax is finally available here I’ll get that

i agree that alternative media has a lot to answer for

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Asprilla said:

I was just having my normal peace loving day… 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

captain angry felt the need to start it all up again :panic:

I'm not at all angry, I called you out as an anti-vax nutter for 2 reasons. The anti-vax bit because you won't take a vaccine that's been taken by literally billions of people and has saved millions of lives (yet will apparently take a relatively  untested one). The nutter bit because you have decided to defend a paedophile. I think nutter in that context is quite generous personally. Enjoy your day. 

• Like 2

Nearly a million quid spunked (spaffed?) up the wall by Johnson again. I'm sure 50 million people could have come to the conclusions of this report in 10 seconds for free. 335 billion quid to build his bridge! :lol:

Nearly £900,000 of taxpayers’ money was spent on a study commissioned by Boris Johnson which found it would be too expensive to build a bridge or tunnel between Scotland and Northern Ireland.

PA reports:

The Department for Transport (DfT) said the research into the feasibility of a fixed link cost £896,681.

Network Rail chairman Sir Peter Hendy led the investigation, which found that a bridge would cost £335 billion, while a tunnel would require a budget of around £209 billion.

His report concluded that the project “would be impossible to justify” as “the benefits could not possibly outweigh the costs”. In addition to the huge expense, the inquiry also noted that the necessary work would be incredibly challenging.

Johnson previously talked up the creation of a fixed link but accepted the conclusion of the report.

• Jaysus... 1

8 minutes ago, Renton said:

I'm not at all angry, I called you out as an anti-vax nutter for 2 reasons. The anti-vax bit because you won't take a vaccine that's been taken by literally billions of people and has saved millions of lives (yet will apparently take a relatively  untested one). The nutter bit because you have decided to defend a paedophile. I think nutter in that context is quite generous personally. Enjoy your day. 

Quite the convincing strategy of winning hearts and minds there :lol:

anti vax nutter

jesus christ

i don’t have to justify a single thing to you and you can pretend you’re not angry but you are. You are permanently angry about the tories, Brexit, “anti vaxxers”… the equivalent of the dog locked in a shitty yard

You were like this in 2005 and here you are, still barking at imaginary foes cause your chain’s too short

its not too late to change

Tbh we’re cliquey as fuck on here and I quite happen to like Renton so…. aye even if he was wrong I’d probably just ignore it.

However he’s not…& the other fella is coming across as an absolute edgelord 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Haha 3

Aye, if it's any consolation to idk, anyone on the 'right wing' side of the argument who lurks in here - I got shot down plenty for being on the left of the same group and am now universally recognised as the forum communist despite being fairly pro-capitalist :lol: 

Have had some good debates on here though which is why I enjoy it. Plenty of times I've learned something here and had the opportunity to adjust my view.

Edited by Rayvin
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tom said:

Tbh we’re cliquey as fuck on here and I quite happen to like Renton so…. aye even if he was wrong I’d probably just ignore it.

However he’s not…& the other fella is coming across as an absolute edgelord 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edgelord :lol:

2 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Yanks have been busy over Harrogate last couple of days in their F15s. Getting ready eh?

Wikki having Berlin's 'take my breath away' continually running through his head before and after posting this. :lol:

• Haha 2

"Yanks have been busy over Harrogate last couple of days in their F15s. Getting ready eh? They'll be over 'ere again flashing cash and getting their way with our women folk. It's not on is, like, I tell you."

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Look at Mr Zen living his best life again 

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

:lol:

Just your average super chilled-out argumentative cunt, relaxing into another pointless argument. 

Lol, blame the person who responded to yet another pointless dig *facepalm*

1 hour ago, Tom said:

cool 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

i don’t mind debating with people, I realise I have views that are out of step with a lot of people… I just don’t see the point in straw manning

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

Aye, if it's any consolation to idk, anyone on the 'right wing' side of the argument who lurks in here - I got shot down plenty for being on the left of the same group and am now universally recognised as the forum communist despite being fairly pro-capitalist :lol: 

Have had some good debates on here though which is why I enjoy it. Plenty of times I've learned something here and had the opportunity to adjust my view.

I think I owe you a response to a post in this thread from yesterday… it’s amazing what conversations can occur when you don’t feel the need to insult each other 

14 minutes ago, Asprilla said:

Lol, blame the person who responded to yet another pointless dig *facepalm*

I’m not blaming anyone. It’s not your fault he finds it so easy to get under your skin 

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Alex said:

I’m not blaming anyone. It’s not your fault he finds it so easy to get under your skin 

Well we can all claim it’s the other guy’s fault

I honestly don’t care what vaccine you did or didn’t have or how you vote or what music you like or if you think there’s a god etc and Renton’s exactly the same

👍🏼

2 minutes ago, Asprilla said:

Well we can all claim it’s the other guy's fault

I honestly don’t care what vaccine you did or didn’t have or how you vote or what music you like or if you think there’s a god etc and Renton’s exactly the same

👍🏼

tenor.gif

• Haha 6