Politics

Christmas Tree

45 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Wonder who wrote this for her? … not wrong tbh…

I don't recall Hunt saying we should have had a Chinese style lock down? What he did say, at the time, was that we should have locked down musch sooner. Had we done that, thousands of lives would have been saved and the economic impact lessened. I agreed with him at the time, it's early on in the covid thread. As for Dorries criticising anyone for lack of planning (although she's right), howay man. Removing pandemic planning was tories being tories. She couldn't plan a pissup in a brewery. 

More reaction to today's confidence vote now - this time from former UKIP and Brexit Party leader Nigel Farage.

In a seven minute-long video he says he "wasn't in the least bit surprised" to see Prime Minister Boris Johnson booed outside Friday's Thanksgiving service for the Queen.

"If they keep Boris Johnson as prime minister, the Conservatives are headed for a 1997-style total disaster. It's all in their hands," he said.

"He was the right man for 2019, but he's not the right man for now."

In 1997, the Conservatives lost the general election by a huge margin to Tony Blair's Labour Party.

That'll be because Brexit no longer needs delivering, eh Nigel? 

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

I don't recall Hunt saying we should have had a Chinese style lock down? What he did say, at the time, was that we should have locked down musch sooner. Had we done that, thousands of lives would have been saved and the economic impact lessened. I agreed with him at the time, it's early on in the covid thread. As for Dorries criticising anyone for lack of planning (although she's right), howay man. Removing pandemic planning was tories being tories. She couldn't plan a pissup in a brewery. 

To paraphrase her original tweet in this rant:

"Jeremy, at the start of the pandemic you asked me to do something that was later proven to be the correct response... But I said it would be too hard and failed to enact the policy... A fact which I am now blaming you for."

It would be fucking spectacular if a woman that he appointed only to troll people by being fucking batshit ended up costing him his job by being fucking batshit. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

It would be fucking spectacular if a woman that he appointed only to troll people by being fucking batshit ended up costing him his job by being fucking batshit. 

More claims of this one:

Love the fighting but I always said I'd have supported isolating the infected early on by force if necessary - would have saved tens of thousands. 

Estonian PM (decent!) just turned up at No 10. The blond shite was meant to meet her outside fora handshake but obvs he's weak as piss so he just left her standing like a daft shite. 

Just now, ewerk said:

TLDR. So what’s the summary? Preferably in 50 characters or less (and yes, I’m counting punctuation in that).

It appears to be drivel. 

But what isn't drivel is what Dorries had to say on Sky News:

"We will be in economic growth, the Bank of England has decided" 

And 

"We have one of the lowest inflation rates" 

Just like a proper spacka who sits three desks away from you at work and who makes you have to wear headphones all day to avoid combustion. 

5 minutes ago, ewerk said:

TLDR. So what’s the summary? Preferably in 50 characters or less (and yes, I’m counting punctuation in that).

He lied about how severe his covid was - there were no plans to announce his death which he stated at the time. 

12 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

It appears to be drivel. 

But what isn't drivel is what Dorries had to say on Sky News:

"We will be in economic growth, the Bank of England has decided" 

And 

"We have one of the lowest inflation rates" 

Just like a proper spacka who sits three desks away from you at work and who makes you have to wear headphones all day to avoid combustion. 

and we're at war with Ukraine evidently, bit of a shock really, thought we were on their side. Ledbedev must've called in a favour or two.

On 26/05/2022 at 09:48, Craig said:

I'm still not entirely convinced he had it. I can't discount the notion it was a publicity stunt to garner sympathy. Might seem crass and insensitive but if the 'Tory machine' can lie about holding parties, they can equally lie about whether their cunt of a leader had Covid.

On 26/05/2022 at 10:16, Renton said:

Naah, he was treated at an NHS hospital (St Thomas?) and the clinicians treating him were named. They wouldn't partake in a cover up. He would have had to have been seriously ill for that to happen, but not necessarily life-threatening. Unfortunately.  

On 26/05/2022 at 10:21, Craig said:

Yeah I know, but despite all that I am STILL not convinced that manipulative cunt didn't pull some strings. Appreciate what you're saying, but I can't fully rationalise that it was genuine. And that's a prime example of how much trust you put in that fucking weasel.

I was impressed by Ellwood yesterday - one of the few Tories I actually have time for but then that bloke has some honour.

:case:

Dorries now fucking claiming that the Conservative MPs have no right to overturn what 14 million voters asked for back in 2019. Can someone point out to this stupid bint that the UK does NOT elect a president.