Politics

Christmas Tree

3 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

It’s a secret ballot, isn’t it? 
But do/will we know who actually voted against him? 

Apparently the votes get shredded, so yes.  

Just now, Renton said:

He'll last til the GE. He's completely fucked the country on the last 2 years, now he's got another 2 to finish the job. Expect further attacks on the media, judiciary, and democratic institutions. Expect a massive drop in standard of living and quality of life. Expect a phoney war with the EU and a real one in NI.

I mean yeah, it's about a good of an outcome that you could hope for but this twat won't leave Downing Street without losing his finger nails. He'll subvert democracy itself to stay there. We live in dark days. 

Nah, this is like after Spurs 5-1 when we were back to being Steve Bruce's Newcastle. 

In a long line of absolutely shite days in British politics, this is a good one and I'm gonna enjoy it.

Just now, Gemmill said:

Nah, this is like after Spurs 5-1 when we were back to being Steve Bruce's Newcastle. 

In a long line of absolutely shite days in British politics, this is a good one and I'm gonna enjoy it.

I like this analogy, it's shit I understand. 

1 minute ago, Renton said:

He'll last til the GE. He's completely fucked the country on the last 2 years, now he's got another 2 to finish the job. Expect further attacks on the media, judiciary, and democratic institutions. Expect a massive drop in standard of living and quality of life. Expect a phoney war with the EU and a real one in NI.

I mean yeah, it's about a good of an outcome that you could hope for but this twat won't leave Downing Street without losing his finger nails. He'll subvert democracy itself to stay there. We live in dark days. 

I’m as jaded and cynical as you mate, but I honestly don’t see that happening. 
If, and it’s a huge if, he somehow crawls his way to a GE as PM, he’ll be absolutely rimmed. 
But, more importantly, as I said before, he’s a lame duck. 
He’s done all/most of the damage he can do. 

Even if all of the “rebels” don’t vote against everything, every time, there’ll be enough voting against him every time to make him effectively powerless. 
And the longer that goes on, like a wounded hippo with no teeth, married to a warthog with all his missing teeth extra, he’ll just become more, and more, and more belligerent and objectionable to more and more of his beloved morons. 

I reckon when he loses the two by-elections upcoming, both on the same day, the calls to go will only increase. 

( Can a leadership challenge be triggered without a no confidence vote? I’m not au fait with Tory party rules, but they don’t seem too averse to changing rules as it suits, so maybe a moot point?) 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Renton said:

Terrible as this result is for Johnson, I worry it's worse for the country. How much damage he can inflict on this country and its institutions in the next 2 years is frankly terrifying. Not a day for celebrations.

he can’t govern with 40% of his own MPs against him. Dead man walking  

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

He must have promised some absolute fucking divs govt jobs btw. Looking forward to that bearded fucking dork Jonathan Gullis as Chancellor. :lol:

Please Nadine as a foreign secretary.

So, how many of his Cabinet voted against him do we reckon? 
Gove- nailed on-absolute weasel

Sunak- hammered the nails in for Gove

Truss- Probably the only thing stopping her ticking the No Confidence box faster than she did was the multiple orgasms she was having in the way to the ballot box ( sorry, it’s an image we don’t need but was necessary :lol: )

Raab- depends who spoke to him last … 

Cunt-“ Vote for Boris!” 

Raab- “ Err… ok”

Other Cunt “ Vote against him!”

Raab- “ Err… ok”

Patel- of course she did! “ Hmm, Turkish grandfather?”… *books him a “speaking engagement” in Rwanda. 

Dorries - :lol:

Schapps - probably didn’t realise it was being held today. 
Mogg - Too busy shifting monies between offshore accounts to give a fuck

The rest- who the fuck are they? 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I’m as jaded and cynical as you mate, but I honestly don’t see that happening. 
If, and it’s a huge if, he somehow crawls his way to a GE as PM, he’ll be absolutely rimmed. 
But, more importantly, as I said before, he’s a lame duck. 
He’s done all/most of the damage he can do. 

Even if all of the “rebels” don’t vote against everything, every time, there’ll be enough voting against him every time to make him effectively powerless. 
And the longer that goes on, like a wounded hippo with no teeth, married to a warthog with all his missing teeth extra, he’ll just become more, and more, and more belligerent and objectionable to more and more of his beloved morons. 

I reckon when he loses the two by-elections upcoming, both on the same day, the calls to go will only increase. 

( Can a leadership challenge be triggered without a no confidence vote? I’m not au fait with Tory party rules, but they don’t seem too averse to changing rules as it suits, so maybe a moot point?) 

No, it's at least a year for him. But yeah, I hope you're right. In normal times you would be, but....

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Craig said:

2019 - May - 200 v 117 (63%) - Gone within 6 months

1990 - Thatcher - 204 v 152 (57%) - Gone within days

I reckon he needs at least 225 else his days are numbered. So his critics need to rally at least 135. 

2022 - Johnson - 211 v 148 (59%)

He's on a par with Thatcher in 1990. If his own cabinet have any designs on their political future having any credibility, they'll turn on him before the sun rises. He's a dead man walking.

Edited by Craig
  • Like 2

In the end it came down to 32 MPs. Out of 359, or 211 ( if you want to give the benefit of the doubt).

If just 16% of those who voted to back Boris had chosen differently, he’d already be gone. They can dress this up all they like, the result is crushing.