The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's literally nowt about any January signings.

Is that really an issue?  There are enough sites publishing rubbish about potential signings that never get finalised.  They simply report what has happened, not what might happen in some agent's mind.

Going to be a rough window. I agree with the mag that it's going to have to be loan deals for PL players as Championship clubs are just asking for stupid money, 15m for Tom Cairney ffs.

Can't say I understand Conte's reasoning mind, Loftus-Cheek has played once in the league why wouldn't you send him out for a 6 month loan? seems pretty low risk to me, especially as they have a lad out on loan who is one of the best defenders in the Bundesliga, if Christensen can't get in their side I'm not sure how Loftus-Cheek is going to get in it (they're probably deeper in central midfield than defence as well). Frustrating for Rafa this mind as Conte has been a bit of a nob 'considering' this for a few weeks going by the quotes recently, it's a 6 month loan for a youth player ffs it's not that big of a decision.

Edited by Howay

Going to be a rough window. I agree with the mag that it's going to have to be loan deals for PL players as Championship clubs are just asking for stupid money, 15m for Tom Cairney ffs.

Can't say I understand Conte's reasoning mind, Loftus-Cheek has played once in the league why wouldn't you send him out for a 6 month loan? seems pretty low risk to me, especially as they have a lad out on loan who is one of the best defenders in the Bundesliga, if Christensen can't get in their side I'm not sure how Loftus-Cheek is going to get in it (they're probably deeper in central midfield than defence as well). Frustrating for Rafa this mind as Conte has been a bit of a nob 'considering' this for a few weeks going by the quotes recently, it's a 6 month loan for a youth player ffs it's not that big of a decision.

They've just lost Mikel tbf. They need someone to fill his spot of coming off the bench for 10 minutes every six weeks against a bottom half team

They've just lost Mikel tbf. They need someone to fill his spot of coming off the bench for 10 minutes every six weeks against a bottom half team

:lol: The worst bit is that's why they recalled Nathan Ake back from his successful loan isn't it? 

Something to do with the home-grown players quota perhaps?

Perhaps but they've got a massive quota of highly rated prospects they've been hoarding for years who could surely fill that role, fair enough it's their decision I'm just being bitter as I thought he could do a job for us and think it's a waste of time squandering a supposedly talented young English player. 

Edited by Howay

Is that really an issue?  There are enough sites publishing rubbish about potential signings that never get finalised.  They simply report what has happened, not what might happen in some agent's mind.

Nah, you're right actually. Given the way it's changed so much since they were ITK when Shepherd was running the show it was an unfair criticism when I think about it. I think they're a couple of miserable buggers but in terms of what they do, i.e. stats, match reports, ticket and travel info and the like they're comfortably the best NUFC site out there.

It's always a bad market since teams are reluctant to sell in this window. I think we're just being priced out everywhere we try, Championship sides asking 15m for players that we'd want to improve on when we go up anyway, then you have Conte refusing to loan out Loftus-Cheek and PL sides going for a lot of the fringe players we would probably be looking at. I think we'll probably get a loan or two late in the window. 

Balague thinks Tiote to Gijon is pretty much done.

I've been fairly patient with Tiote since he put in some committed performances last season after his January move fell through.

But does anyone know why he is so desperate to leave and join someone like Gijon? A final payday in China or the Middle East I can understand, this not so much.

It rankles a little that he's been picking up his wages all season while actively looking for a move.

I've been fairly patient with Tiote since he put in some committed performances last season after his January move fell through.

But does anyone know why he is so desperate to leave and join someone like Gijon? A final payday in China or the Middle East I can understand, this not so much.

It rankles a little that he's been picking up his wages all season while actively looking for a move.

It's best he goes.  Did you not see him run (try to run) last appearance he had?  By god he seemed 20 years older.

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic