The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

`You'd think the 'senior' striker would be bought first`

..they probably still just about back from the world cup....

Messi still has to recover from the shock of wining the golden ball thingmygig....before hes got str to sign on the line.

Edited by TobamorisRevenge

Funny how the Ashley haters see the stats that support him as pointless and the Ashley lovers see the stats that damn him as pointless.

It's fun presenting either side with any stats that might challenge their views.

Gross spend though is a largely pointless statistic in most scenarios though.

In terms of how much talent is being invested into the squad being put onto the pitch I'd say it's the most valuable statistic.

Spurs are £30m up on transfers in the last 4 years, NUFC are £30m down. What does that tell you anbouyt squad quality? NUFC with a £60m bigger hole in their finances on transfers?

Nothing really, it might lead you to assume Newcastle have spent more and so have the better squad.

But knowing Spors have spent £160m gross on their squad and NUFC have spent less than half that tells you far more about the expected qualities of the respective squads.

In terms of how much talent is being invested into the squad being put onto the pitch I'd say it's the most valuable statistic.

Spurs are £30m up on transfers in the last 4 years, NUFC are £30m down. What does that tell you anbouyt squad quality? NUFC with a £60m bigger hole in their finances on transfers?

Nothing really, it might lead you to assume Newcastle have spent more and so have the better squad.

But knowing Spors have spent £160m gross on their squad and NUFC have spent less than half that tells you far more about the expected qualities of the respective squads.

It tells me Spurs made £85mil selling one player so the stat is pointless

Funny how the Ashley haters see the stats that support him as pointless and the Ashley lovers see the stats that damn him as pointless.

It's fun presenting either side with any stats that might challenge their views.

Regardless of it being pointless, what about the "blip". The use of such word suggests we're meant to see two transfer windows without a permanent signing as a hiccup. Nah.

This other striker is gonna be PEA or Berahino.

I love your confidence, but I'm more worried it'll be PDC or Paul Bearer.

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic