The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

I suppose you could say I am mildly racist.

I don't think we should sign players who go missing to play in Africa.

Or sign players whose religion interferes with our game schedule.

Time off for a death in the family should only be allowed when it's yours.

:lol:

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt Charnley and them will be too arsed about going all out to get him since we've already got one striker in.

Speaking for myself here but I'd much, much rather go for someone like Berahino. Someone who can play off Mitrovic/Cisse, and has pace. Austin and Mitrovic seem to have pretty similar attributes.

:lol: It's alright Noelie. How old are you? It's expected at your age. You'd have your senior citz status revoked if it were any other way.

I reckon he's right, given a choice why would you hire someone more likely to be absent?

Like in the office environment, why would you hire a woman?

;)

How could they revoke my senior status? Do they have a magic pill that would take a lot of years from my 82?

If so, I'll push to be revoked.

They'd find a way Noelie. Those sneaky Jew bastards. Right? ;)

I don't think we should sign players who go missing to play in Africa.

Or sign players whose religion interferes with our game schedule.

Time off for a death in the family should only be allowed when it's yours.

4322kOT.gif

Anyone agree that we've a pressing need for reinforcing the full-back positions?

Not a priority for me, but if we sort out a winger & another CB we should definitely look to sort it out.

Obviously we have a good rightback but I don't think we're anywhere near as strong (for a first choice) on the left. But I'd like to see if Haidara can develop playing with a better team around him. It can't have been easy for him as a young defender to play alongside Williamson or with Sammy or Gouffran ahead of him. With Mbemba replacing Williamson and hopefully Colo regaining some form with him we might start to see him develop. Add someone in front of him who can actually put pressure on the oppositions defence and we might find he's a good player.

We've also got Anita, Taylor & Colback who can cover the fullback positions at a push.

Obviously we have a good rightback but I don't think we're anywhere near as strong (for a first choice) on the left. But I'd like to see if Haidara can develop playing with a better team around him. It can't have been easy for him as a young defender to play alongside Williamson or with Sammy or Gouffran ahead of him. With Mbemba replacing Williamson and hopefully Colo regaining some form with him we might start to see him develop. Add someone in front of him who can actually put pressure on the oppositions defence and we might find he's a good player.

We've also got Anita, Taylor & Colback who can cover the fullback positions at a push.

And Mbemba

We aren't going to have seven CBs on the books.

Agreed, unless Williamson leaves I think Mbemba is our lot for CB buys.

We'll have Colo and Mbemba as the most likely starting partnership, with Dummett, Taylor, Williamson and Lascelles all as back up and then youth like Satka and Kemen if desperate. I just hope Williamson is below Dummett and Taylor in McClaren's pecking order but with 100 or so appearances he'll be seen as experienced enough backup to not warrant buying another.

I'd quite like to find a replacement for Colo but a fully new CB partnership and a new coaching staff may be a bit too much change at the back. I'm hoping Lascelles proves to have a lot of potential and then we'd have a canny future partnership with him and Mbemba.

As far as centre backs go we're being linked to James Chester again this morning by Shoot! website, which the last time I heard of it was printed on paper and was doing spotlights on various late 70s footballers, who almost always stated that their favourite food was steak and chips and their favourite singer was Rod Stewart :good:

http://www.shoot.co.uk/category/news/palace-join-leicester-newcastle-and-villa-in-race-for-defender/

Oh and Johnny Evans too, Pappis is looking forward to renewing aquaintances am sure :glare:

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic