The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cisse missed (iirc) 10 games through suspension last season, not to mention being in the papers for all the wrong reasons. You can turn a blind eye to that stuff if it's Rooney etc. but Cisse's stupidity nearly got us relegated. Time to say goodbye imo. Mitrovic, Perez and Austin are more than adequate replacements

Not a lot of pace up front from any of those is there? Perez I suppose is mobile, but I would like to see another remy type brought in. A striker capable of stretching defences with raw pace

Cisse missed (iirc) 10 games through suspension last season, not to mention being in the papers for all the wrong reasons. You can turn a blind eye to that stuff if it's Rooney etc. but Cisse's stupidity nearly got us relegated. Time to say goodbye imo. Mitrovic, Perez and Austin are more than adequate replacements

Agree but am thinking plan A may be 1 striker with De jong in behind. That's going to be tricky assuming Austin comes in.

Not a lot of pace up front from any of those is there? Perez I suppose is mobile, but I would like to see another remy type brought in. A striker capable of stretching defences with raw pace

I agree with this. Nothing puts the shits up a defence more than genuine pace. Although pacy strikers who can also score are thin on the ground.

Agree but am thinking plan A may be 1 striker with De jong in behind. That's going to be tricky assuming Austin comes in.

Yeah, if we are going with one up top then I wouldn't be terribly disappointed with our current options.

You can't prefer Cisse when you don't have a clue what the alternative is, fuckwit.

:lol: :lol: :lol: CT's 'views' summed up right there.

182u_zpsf3546022.jpg

"Sure, some will say, 'I prefer this player to Cisse' or that player that might have looked good on football manager, but unless the hipsters can convince me that the so-called FM superstar is at least 1-2 the player they think he is then my preference is the senagel, senejal, err, the number 9 hotshot from near the Congo."

Longer this drags out, the less confident I am in getting Austin "over the line". But frankly I'd rather we signed a couple of £8.5m players for the 1st team than £15m on Austin.We've a couple of goal scoring midfielders in Wijnaldum & de Jong. Plus the others should hopefully chip in more this season.

So, if Mitrovic, Cisse and Perez aren't scoring goals, de Jong and Wijnaldum aren't, then I'd expect us to have bigger problems than Charlie Austin can fix.

You can't prefer Cisse when you don't have a clue what the alternative is, fuckwit.

The alternative is a lower league player who's had one fair season in the premiership.

If he was such a great prospect he would have been well and truly snapped up by now.

He's a gamble and I still prefer Cisse. ;)

The alternative is a lower league player who's had one fair season in the premiership.

If he was such a great prospect he would have been well and truly snapped up by now.

A fair season? The last NUFC player to score as many league goals in one season was Shearer, 11 years ago. I would call that a bit better than fair.

I find fault in your thinking.

What appears to be the issue is the price. The interested parties are all fairly comfortable that his price will drop. That, as much as anything, is why he hasn't been snapped up.

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic