The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've struggled for years at the back now and it doesn't look like improving any time soon. I thought that was Rafa's chosen area?

I suppose they'll be OK in the Championship like, says a lot that the fans of the worst defence in the league last season are happy to see a player go.

We've struggled for years at the back now and it doesn't look like improving any time soon. I thought that was Rafa's chosen area?

I suppose they'll be OK in the Championship like, says a lot that the fans of the worst defence in the league last season are happy to see a player go.

You know Rafa can actually coach and organise what he's got as well aye?

By far the most underwhelming signing we will have made. Not so much for him being forth choice centre back but because it suggests we aren't looking for a good leftback and we're going to gav another season of that clown Dummett.

By far the most underwhelming signing we will have made. Not so much for him being forth choice centre back but because it suggests we aren't looking for a good leftback and we're going to gav another season of that clown Dummett.

I'll be pissed right off, if we sign Clark and no left back

We are supposed to be learning our lessons ffs

I've not heard much about Haidara but it's been a long time since he's played now, going to take time for fitness

We've just got to hope that Janmaat stays and Gamez is a good enough left back

Edited by gpirlo68

Very disappointed with the defensive signings if this happens, Hanley and Clark are very average at best.

Said the same about Hanley... £5.5 million for him?????

We are potentially about to pay £10.5 million for Clark and Hanley, the English transfer market is mental....

I think Clark may get moved into the holding midfield role, based on nothing other than intuition.

We've just signed Hayden (who's played there most of preseason) and still have Colback, Anita and Saivet (I'm ignoring Tiote as he looks like he's away) who play that position. I can't understand why you would think we would sign a centreback and move him there. He looks like cover for the back four all the way to me. Which makes it look like Dummett is still in posession of the leftback berth as things stands. I'm quite happy with the way the squad is shaping up but leftback stands out like a sore thumb as a massive weakness.

We've just signed Hayden (who's played there most of preseason) and still have Colback, Anita and Saivet (I'm ignoring Tiote as he looks like he's away) who play that position. I can't understand why you would think we would sign a centreback and move him there. He looks like cover for the back four all the way to me. Which makes it look like Dummett is still in posession of the leftback berth as things stands. I'm quite happy with the way the squad is shaping up but leftback stands out like a sore thumb as a massive weakness.

100% agree.

Wasn't that impressed with Gamez when he came on either, got skinned a couple of times and was a bit rash in the tackle.

100% agree.

Wasn't that impressed with Gamez when he came on either, got skinned a couple of times and was a bit rash in the tackle.

Well I'm more than prepared to reserve judgement on a guy who Simeone thought was a good enough squad player for Athletico the last couple of seasons and captained Malaga when they were doing well. But I still think he's been signed to replace Janmaat even though we've not really used him there yet.

Don't forget Mbabu is still here, he signed a two year contract this summer. He's got a lot of potential if he can stay injury free.

Don't forget Mbabu is still here, he signed a two year contract this summer. He's got a lot of potential if he can stay injury free.

Apart from a couple of games as cover, Mbabu has always been a rightback though hasn't he? He looked a potentially very useful player when he came in last season but if he's going to come through you'd want him to be given a chance in his right position.

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic