The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

Surely that's where their youth players would come into it though?

They want someone closer in quality to their first team though. Barcelona will expect international class players as back up for most positions which you can't imagine they're going to have too many of in their junior teams. The problem is when it comes to their forwards, they're so good, aren't that old and play so many games, they're going to struggle to find any quality players who want to be back up to them.

I think they found it a bit of problem last season when one or more of the front three was injured/knackerd that they only had kids as back up.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, I'll take over where CT left off.

I predict this year will hopefully reduce the hate towards Gouffran and let him end his time here with a positive note.

A player who arrived as a half decent forward, pardewed into a defensive left midfield role and professionally gimped - I'm hoping from what I've seen in preseason that Rafa is going to attempt to unpardew him and play him up front as he should be played. He'll get goals hopefully, as long as they aren't 2 foot away ;-)

I'm hoping he doesn't need to play much this season but I do think he would be useful still in this division.

Would Rafa put a block on this if it's legit?....we're at Fulham a week tomorrow, window doesn't shut for another month, would a good start to

In the league be jepordised if we struggled to replace him, or would Rafa just tell Barca Perez isn't for sale? I think if it's genuine you've got to give the lad a chance. Sir Bob said the same about Woodgate to RM, but never got to replace him..

We've had a fortnight of hearing we are 'close' to new players and Rafa is after another 4 or 5 yet all we see is deals being done to sell players. Season starts in 8 days and we could do with having the squad settles before then

Don't think we're particularly desperate for anyone. If we get big money for Sissoko and buy a couple more we'll have rebuilt thr squad for nothing. Which is great if it leaves us a nest egg for next season should we be promoted

I'm worried about the left flank. Gamez could be quality, but he might be a radgepacket who gets himself sent off. And we don't have an out and out left sided midfielder other than Thauvin, do we?

I'm worried about the left flank. Gamez could be quality, but he might be a radgepacket who gets himself sent off. And we don't have an out and out left sided midfielder other than Thauvin, do we?

Aarons and Ritchie can play there, can't they? Could do with another attacking midfielder like but you can always shove Gouffran out there after his scoring exploits the other night.

Aarons and Ritchie can play there, can't they? Could do with another attacking midfielder like but you can always shove Gouffran out there after his scoring exploits the other night.

I thought Ritchie was right sided only? and Aarons is perma-crocked.

I wouldn't actually mind Gouffran being given a shot if he proves himself to Benitez in training. Most of his shitshows were because he was out of position or in an unfamiliar role. Pardew had him at Defensive Mid FFS

Aarons has been playing left wing in all the preseason games and seems to have done well. I'd like someone else in who can play there since Aarons is still very untried really and his fitness is obviously a concern. But if he can stay fit I do have high hopes for him.

Did you see Gamez's sending off? It was absolutely nothing. He would never get sent off in the league for that and can't believe he did in a friendly. Not convinced we've bought him as a leftback mind. I think he's our rightback once Janmaat goes. So I would like to see a new first choice leftback come in. But if we had to play him or Dummett for the first few games I don't think it would be a disaster.

Aarons has been playing left wing in all the preseason games and seems to have done well. I'd like someone else in who can play there since Aarons is still very untried really and his fitness is obviously a concern. But if he can stay fit I do have high hopes for him.

Did you see Gamez's sending off? It was absolutely nothing. He would never get sent off in the league for that and can't believe he did in a friendly. Not convinced we've bought him as a leftback mind. I think he's our rightback once Janmaat goes. So I would like to see a new first choice leftback come in. But if we had to play him or Dummett for the first few games I don't think it would be a disaster.

No, I heard it was a tussle at the end of the game, raised voices and handbags?

We don't need to be class in every department in this league is what I was getting at. If Dummett had to start a couple of games I'd not panic. Wouldn't mind a couple more in just don't get J69s urgency

I'll see if I can tweet it to you. I rarely ever tweet anything though so I might fuck it up.

:lol: ta

We don't need to be class in every department in this league is what I was getting at. If Dummett had to start a couple of games I'd not panic. Wouldn't mind a couple more in just don't get J69s urgency

Don't need to be, no. But we're in a healthy position and we could/should use that to buy the squad that will give us the best shot of promotion and serve as the bones of the squad that will keep us up.

If we could, I'd try and get Leeds' fullback.

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic