The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

I only mentioned Bamford as an example of a top club player being loaned to a championship club.

My point was that there will be quality players at the top clubs, who are unlikely to feature for their club but would do a job for us in the championship.

The resounding answer you all seem to be giving is that there isn't. Fair enough.

We shall see.

Fair enough about Bamford. As I said I'd be more into loans if we weren't signing players of the quality we've managed to bring in so far.

For what it's worth I'd like to see us being in another striker if we were planning on playing 2 up top, although the lads we have now have enough about them for this league imo.

The hard part with loaning players from big sides is that the ones that would improve us are already on the bubble of first team games, like iheanacho and Loftus-Cheek, or they're generally overrated, like Will Keane at Man utd who is currently getting transfer interest from the Mackems and others, he's scored about 4 goals in 50 games and is 23 years old.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has no idea, generally and specifically about who he'd like to see us bring in. Despite his protestations, he clearly just thinks that the top teams will have players (a striker in particular it seems) in their u21 squad who are just waiting for someone to loan them in the championship for them suddenly score boat loads. He likes the idea that we will get some unknown (especially to him) player who's parent club know will be a superstar in the future so want to loan him to us to hone his talent. Despite there being no proof that these players exist.

Hold on, I never said they had to be under 21. I gave examples of Bamford, Bent and Ince.

You also talked about top clubs. Bent and Ince have never played for top clubs. Bent has been finished at the top level for years and Ince has never come close to proving himself at the top level.

At the risk of repeating myself, we have better players already.

So let's put it this way.

Should Rafa bring in a better striker than Dwight Gayle and / or manage to pull off a good loan signing or two....

What will we say looking back at my hopes and dreams :lol:

I'd like another striker to be brought in simply because if Mitro gets a long injury/ban we don't have anyone who can hold the ball up like him. But the standard needn't be greater than Mitrovic (who I think will take to the league as Carroll did) he needs to be a sub. Given that, we wouldn't get a loan signing like Iheanacho because if City let him go they'd want him to start and we can't guarantee that.

Is much of your desire to bring in a loan player because you don't fancy Mitrovic (9/22 in the Prem), Perez (13/76), Gayle (15/64) to score goals in the Championship?

You also talked about top clubs. Bent and Ince have never played for top clubs. Bent has been finished at the top level for years and Ince has never come close to proving himself at the top level.

At the risk of repeating myself, we have better players already.

So there's 100% no potential loanee at any of the top clubs who could come and do a better job than Dummett?

So there's 100% no potential loanee at any of the top clubs who could come and do a better job than Dummett?

Did you go out and look for the player I've slated the most in our team to try and beat me? I don't rate Dummett at all so yes there potentially could be someone who is better than him. The talk is though that we are looking for a new leftback (although Gamez mainly played there for Madrid so he might be our first choice as long as Janmaat is still here) and I would expect us to make a permanent signing in that area. We are not skint so there is absolutely no reason why it would need to be a loan and I would be less 'excited' if we signed someone on loan than if we signed someone permanently.

I'd like another striker to be brought in simply because if Mitro gets a long injury/ban we don't have anyone who can hold the ball up like him. But the standard needn't be greater than Mitrovic (who I think will take to the league as Carroll did) he needs to be a sub. Given that, we wouldn't get a loan signing like Iheanacho because if City let him go they'd want him to start and we can't guarantee that.

Is much of your desire to bring in a loan player because you don't fancy Mitrovic (9/22 in the Prem), Perez (13/76), Gayle (15/64) to score goals in the Championship?

Well that's fine. We have a very clear difference of opinion. You're fine with the strike force we have and are after back up where as I would prefer a first team regular brought in.

That's ok. No point in arguing over that. Hopefully Mitro will rise to the challenge, not get wound up all the time etc etc.

Did you go out and look for the player I've slated the most in our team to try and beat me? I don't rate Dummett at all so yes there potentially could be someone who is better than him. The talk is though that we are looking for a new leftback (although Gamez mainly played there for Madrid so he might be our first choice as long as Janmaat is still here) and I would expect us to make a permanent signing in that area. We are not skint so there is absolutely no reason why it would need to be a loan and I would be less 'excited' if we signed someone on loan than if we signed someone permanently.

:lol:

Sorry, chose him at Random.

Well that's fine. We have a very clear difference of opinion. You're fine with the strike force we have and are after back up where as I would prefer a first team regular brought in.

That's ok. No point in arguing over that. Hopefully Mitro will rise to the challenge, not get wound up all the time etc etc.

You are not arguing that we should bring in a better strikeforce than what we have. You are arguing that the replacements can easily be found in loans from premier league clubs without having a clue who these players are. Can you not see what people find ridiculous in that? We're not telling you that your metal detecting kit should be replaced from gear that you could buy online without having a clue what that gear would be.

You are not arguing that we should bring in a better strikeforce than what we have. You are arguing that the replacements can easily be found in loans from premier league clubs without having a clue who these players are. Can you not see what people find ridiculous in that? We're not telling you that your metal detecting kit should be replaced from gear that you could buy online without having a clue what that gear would be.

Fuck me :lol:

I've asked for a better striker than Dwight Gayle and hopefully a couple of decent loan signings.

Hardly fucking controversial stuff.

You win, you all win. I'm beaten :lol:

Fuck me :lol:

I've asked for a better striker than Dwight Gayle and hopefully a couple of decent loan signings.

Hardly fucking controversial stuff.

You win, you all win. I'm beaten :lol:

We all knew we'd won, that was never in dispute. But that wasn't what you asked for.

A young loan striker will most likely be as unproven as Armstrong, Mitrovic, Gayle or Perez. Yet you want a 1st team regular, so why would you want a loan striker? A striker, proven at this level, is someone like Ross McCormack who'll cost £10m and it's not a position that I think we need to improve the starter's quality as a priority. Depth, sure, but Mitro, Perez & Gayle should be good enough to get about 50-55 between them.

Look at the top goal scorers for the past few seasons; https://www.statbunker.com/competitions/TopGoalScorers?comp_id=420

I mean, Rudy Gestede managed 20 for Blackburn in 14/15 and he's scored less in the 15/16 Premier League than Perez!

Strikers.png

Hernandez and Gestede both scored for fun in the Championship and both weren't as good as our strikers were in the Premier League.

Not suggesting there's anything to that but they have been linked to some strange strikers this summer. They're looking for someone to come in as backup for their main three. You can see where the dilema lies because there's very few players in the world who are going to believe they can dislodge any of those in the short term but they need someone so as cover for injuries or to give them a breather. Gamerio was the linked yesterday but you'd have to wonder why he would go there for anything but a payday. He's a good striker and would get a game for a lot of champions league teams but he's not going to move ahead of Messi, Neymar or Suarez.

Not suggesting there's anything to that but they have been linked to some strange strikers this summer. They're looking for someone to come in as backup for their main three. You can see where the dilema lies because there's very few players in the world who are going to believe they can dislodge any of those in the short term but they need someone so as cover for injuries or to give them a breather. Gamerio was the linked yesterday but you'd have to wonder why he would go there for anything but a payday. He's a good striker and would get a game for a lot of champions league teams but he's not going to move ahead of Messi, Neymar or Suarez.

Messi should be in jail.

Pritchard from Spurs linked, was very good at Brentford in the 2014/2015 season. Picked up an injury for the first six months of the season just gone and then was loaned to West Brom.

He didn't really fit Pulis's style but if he can replicate what he did for Brentford then that would be a great signing

ok, I'll take over where CT left off.

I predict this year will hopefully reduce the hate towards Gouffran and let him end his time here with a positive note.

A player who arrived as a half decent forward, pardewed into a defensive left midfield role and professionally gimped - I'm hoping from what I've seen in preseason that Rafa is going to attempt to unpardew him and play him up front as he should be played. He'll get goals hopefully, as long as they aren't 2 foot away ;-)

Edited by scoobos

Pritchard from Spurs linked, was very good at Brentford in the 2014/2015 season. Picked up an injury for the first six months of the season just gone and then was loaned to West Brom.

He didn't really fit Pulis's style but if he can replicate what he did for Brentford then that would be a great signing

Levy wants £10 mil, considering he's done fuck all for a while I can see that being a waste of money.

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic