The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's probably been sat on that lie for a while waiting for our bad patch of form to create a narrative of Ashley fuming. Then we hit a small patch of poor form and he was waiting until things got bad and promotion was looking questionable. Then we won and Brighton lost and he just decided fuck it, I'll just publish it

Getting Townsend back is not a good idea. He did well for us on a new club high, don't think he's a consistent performer and lacks an extra gear in pace.

He's significantly faster than either of our current first choice wingers

I don't think he necessarily is, he seems to run at his top pace all the time where-as others have an extra gear to kick into. I was disappointed with his pace as watching highlights makes him look express when I don't think he is. I'm assuming you're referring to Gouffran and Ritchie as Raja's first choice? I'd say Atsu would be faster for sure, no doubt Yedlin too. Here's a joke, a fit Aarons is quicker too.

Edited by OTF

I would recall de Jong, wasn't sure why we didn't give him a chance to get fit and play at this level. He would definitely have got his chances given the form of Diame and Ayoze too.

As for Townsend, no idea why people are even bothering to say they wouldn't want him back. He's the best we've seen on the wings since Robert, with the exception of Ben Arfa of course.

I would recall de Jong, wasn't sure why we didn't give him a chance to get fit and play at this level. He would definitely have got his chances given the form of Diame and Ayoze too.

He wasn't fit in two years. What makes you think the third year would have been any better? And guess what. He's currently injured!

He played for PSV the other day, has he been injured since then (wouldn't surprise me like).

Townsend has been liking tweets from Newcastle fans saying they'd have him back.  For me him and McCarthy are clear upgrades on what we have and both capable mid table premier league players.  I'd have them here in a heartbeat.  Not convinced at all that either will happen though.

Getting Townsend back is not a good idea. He did well for us on a new club high, don't think he's a consistent performer and lacks an extra gear in pace.

:lol:

He played for PSV the other day, has he been injured since then (wouldn't surprise me like).

Townsend has been liking tweets from Newcastle fans saying they'd have him back.  For me him and McCarthy are clear upgrades on what we have and both capable mid table premier league players.  I'd have them here in a heartbeat.  Not convinced at all that either will happen though.

I'd have him on a loan with an option to buy, but I think a substantial outlay on Townsend is a bit silly at the moment. He'd piss this league, for sure, but that one trick he's got doesn't fool many in the top flight.

I'd have him on a loan with an option to buy, but I think a substantial outlay on Townsend is a bit silly at the moment. He'd piss this league, for sure, but that one trick he's got doesn't fool many in the top flight.

Was working well here last season.

Was working well here last season.

It did ok, but it's just a plain as the nose on your face what he's going to do. I think he's a very streaky player too, he was on fire for us, but hasn't hit those heights since. Cisse was briefly one of the most dangerous strikers in the Premier League...

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic