The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

Man city will have players who are unlikely to feature this season for them but would do well for us.

Do you not agree?

Under-21s, though, so that's a no-go.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose the crux is that I'm unable to spot any wummary in hoping my team gets a better striker than Dwight Gayle or hoping Rafa could use his contacts and coaching credentials to persuade some quality none first team players from the top clubs to come here.

I'm sure you can point out what's wrong with the above hopes of a fan. I'll wait.

wykikitoon just did, pefectly, for me.

'Quality none first team players'

:confused:

Man city will have players who are unlikely to feature this season for them but would do well for us.

Do you not agree?

No nobody agrees with this. The one player you can think of who fits a similar criteria is Bamford (similar in that he came from Chelsea not City). I've already pointed out that stats suggest we have already signed better and already had better than him. Do you expect the likes of City to loan us Bony or Chelsea loan us Remy? This won't happen. They'll only loan us unproven youngsters. We have more proven players than that so why would we be interested? The answer is we wouldn't. You may not be excited by Gayle, Mitro, Perez etc but they are far more likely to get us out of this league.

There's no precedent for players at these clubs getting loaned out to Chanpionship teams though. The closest we've got is us signing someone from the 2nd/3rd best team in Spain in THIS VERY WINDOW

Bamford @ Boro

Kalas @ Boro (now at Fulham)

Probably others too.

So there is precedents. Even if there weren't, I would have thought playing under Rafa at Newcastle would appeal.

Bamford @ Boro

Probably others too.

So there is precedents. Even if there weren't, I would have thought playing under Rafa at Newcastle would appeal.

How are those more impressive than taking a first team player from Athletico Madrid? They're just unproven bairns who have went on to do not a lot

Bamford @ Boro

Probably others too.

So you've found two, one of which has been pointed out as no better than what we have and the other is at Fulham for the season.

Why do you keep bringing Bamford up? Mitrovic is a year younger and a far better player.

As I pointed out in an earlier post Gayle has an equally decent Championship record and has actually managed about 1 in 4 in the prem.

Perez is clearly better than Bamford as well. There's no point loaning someone if they won't improve us, Bamford probably wouldn't get on the pitch for us so what's the point?

I'd have been tempted to go and loan a bunch of players if we couldn't attract anyone but so far we've taken one of Bournemouths better players, a full back who played 14 games last season for a top 3 side in Spain, a really highly rated youngster from Arsenal, Blackburns captain and possibly best player, and a striker with a respectable championship return who has actually found the net in the PL.

I think people are genuinely confused by who you think we could loan that would be more exciting than that bunch, iheanacho from Man City? Absolutely no shot at a lad like that and that's the sort of youngster the top clubs might have that would improve us.

Edited by Howay

So let's put it this way.

Should Rafa bring in a better striker than Dwight Gayle and / or manage to pull off a good loan signing or two....

What will we say looking back at my hopes and dreams :lol:

We do need another striker imo

So let's put it this way.

Should Rafa bring in a better striker than Dwight Gayle and / or manage to pull off a good loan signing or two....

What will we say looking back at my hopes and dreams :lol:

I think in Gayle, Mitro and Perez and Armstrong we have a good strikeforce which is probably enough to get us up. I wouldn't mind another as back up but for our main two strikers, baring in mind we'll likely play a lot witn one up front and someone like Perez behind. But that player need not be better than those two or be a loan signing.

Why do you keep bringing Bamford up? Mitrovic is a year younger and a far better player.

As I pointed out in an earlier post Gayle has an equally decent Championship record and has actually managed about 1 in 4 in the prem.

Perez is clearly better than Bamford as well. There's no point loaning someone if they won't improve us, Bamford probably wouldn't get on the pitch for us so what's the point?

I'd have been tempted to go and loan a bunch of players if we couldn't attract anyone but so far we've taken one of Bournemouths better players, a full back who played 14 games last season for a top 3 side in Spain, a really highly rated youngster from Arsenal, Blackburns captain and possibly best player, and a striker with a respectable championship return who has actually found the net in the PL.

I think people are genuinely confused by who you think we could loan that would be more exciting than that bunch, iheanacho from Man City? Absolutely no shot at a lad like that and that's the sort of youngster the top clubs might have that would improve us.

He has no idea, generally and specifically about who he'd like to see us bring in. Despite his protestations, he clearly just thinks that the top teams will have players (a striker in particular it seems) in their u21 squad who are just waiting for someone to loan them in the championship for them suddenly score boat loads. He likes the idea that we will get some unknown (especially to him) player who's parent club know will be a superstar in the future so want to loan him to us to hone his talent. Despite there being no proof that these players exist.

I only mentioned Bamford as an example of a top club player being loaned to a championship club.

My point was that there will be quality players at the top clubs, who are unlikely to feature for their club but would do a job for us in the championship.

The resounding answer you all seem to be giving is that there isn't. Fair enough.

We shall see.

Bamford @ Boro

Probably others too.

Bamford looks shit. I've seen him play at football. I'll just go with Rafa's judgement for now.

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic