The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was Krul forced to go to Ajax or did he just not fancy a season in the Championship?

I think it was mutual.  We only had one fit goal keeper at the start of the season, as both Krul and Elliott were out until October.  We signed Sels in June and Krul left in August.

His contract was set to expire in 2017 and he signed a one year extension, so we'd get a fee out of Ajax and to push through the loan deal.

I've said this on here loads but Elliot put in performances last season better than people expected of him (Bournemouth away being his standout) , but I still recall him being at fault a few times for goals conceded, especially due to his indecisiveness/inability to come off his line when needed. Plus that goal away to Stoke man.

He's nowhere near the level we should be expecting, certainly not good enough for a team even at the top of the Championship.

Darlow is certainly deserving of his place though and I'd be happy to see him as our first choice next season.

I also think people are being harsh on Krul as he was probably as big of a victim as anybody else of the mediocrity that had set in throughout the club. He had to work with that utter clown Woodman for far too long. It's no coincidence that Darlow has improved massively since working with Simon Smith for so long.

Is Moussa Dembele worth £30million? I don't watch Scottish football much because it's utter dogshit but in a league where Liam Boyce of Ross County is the top scorer I would expect someone that sensational to have scored more tbh. It's not like he is in a struggling team either, Celtic are 22 points clear and could play their reserves for the rest of the season and still win it quite comfortably.

Edited by Kevin Carr's Gloves

Is Moussa Dembele worth £30million? I don't watch Scottish football much because it's utter dogshit but in a league where Liam Boyce of Ross County is the top scorer I would expect someone that sensational to have scored more tbh. It's not like he is in a struggling team either, Celtic are 22 points clear and could play their reserves for the rest of the season and still win it quite comfortably.

If Celtic got £15 million they wouldn't be in a position to reject it.

He's had a good season for them and has a lot of potential but £40 million asking price is laughable.

Local press saying we might sign a midfielder as well as Townsend and that a third deal isn't out of the question as long as Tiote's deal goes through.  Of course they don't seem to have any idea of who these players might be so most likely we'll sign no one at all.

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic