The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where?

I've read him blame the World Cup for our end of season form (http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/alan-pardew-blames-world-cup-7292601), but not for a lack of new signings.

To be honest I find what he's said a little more ridiculous than what you've told us he's said. It is an excuse. A legitimate one clubs across the continent can attribute to their relative lack of transfer activity.

Where?

I've read him blame the World Cup for our end of season form (http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/alan-pardew-blames-world-cup-7292601), but not for a lack of new signings.

To be honest I find what he's said a little more ridiculous than what you've told us he's said. It is an excuse. A legitimate one clubs across the continent can attribute to their relative lack of transfer activity.

Almost as ridiculous as hoping to have most of your transfer business done before the WC starts only to find that your MD is on his holidays immediately prior to the WC.

Almost as ridiculous as hoping to have most of your transfer business done before the WC starts only to find that your MD is on his holidays immediately prior to the WC.

:lol: Why do they take holiday during windows ffs? Kinnear done the same, there is 2 times a year they're actually needed and that's when they go on holiday? Only at our club.

:lol: Why do they take holiday during windows ffs? Kinnear done the same, there is 2 times a year they're actually needed and that's when they go on holiday? Only at our club.

Probably because they do fuck all until the window is due to close. The paoers always refer to "preparing a bid" but what does that actually mean? Probably that the fat man will let you send a fax with "ok we'll give you 9 million sovs for cabella, squire" scrawled on it

I can't imagine any MD would go on holiday during the transfer window. More likely they are away negotiating but the papers always do trot the line about holidays out. Probably cos that's what they're fed by clubs not wanting to raise fans hopes. But in our case more than likely they're all off on holiday

TBF it's not easy showing a club/player that you're serious when you're talking to them while covered in factor 50 on a Benidorm beach. Charnley is supposed to be our negotiator, we have no one else capable of speaking to another club.

• Ant locked, unlocked and locked this topic