The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

Aye, looks near enough done. Can't claim to know much about him, but he's a highly rated number 10 type. YouTube merely confirms that the Dutch league is shite. We're paying actual money for him, so that's a plus.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think the likes of Arsenal, PSG or Monaco are at all concerned about a resale value.

Arsenal definitely are. PSG and Monaco can afford not to be, but they still will be.

Like my glowing Darlington pre season report on Cabaye? Ok :)

Lua Lua. Shane Ferguson. Need I go on?

Congratulations on spotting that accomplished, CL experienced, title winner Cabaye could play a bit though, you've got a real eye for talent. :lol:

Thanks for that PL cheers mate

Lua Lua. Shane Ferguson. Need I go on?

Congratulations on spotting that accomplished, CL experienced, title winner Cabaye could play a bit though, you've got a real eye for talent. :lol:

Graeme souness?

We've sold Debuchy to Arsenal for £12mil apparently :lol:

Also worries me that Sissoko has been left out of out pre-season squad .....

Read that in a few places now. Kinda takes the gloss off the de Jong signing. Yeah, £12M is good money but whats the fucking point. Makes me think the transfer pot we have is empty and we need to sell to buy. Oh the fucking joy.

Then we'd have no LBs on the bench to chase the game after 60 mins.

:lol:

Am I mad for actually wanting to see MBiwa given a consistent run in the side at CB?

Santon is such a downgrade on Debuchy it's not funny. As much as I want to like the guy across the last season it seemed like he really wasn't interested in defending or generally playing football. Possibly complacency from very little competition to get into the side, may have enjoyed frequently being subbed to avoid being part of our abject performances.

To be fair I think Debuchy is demanding a move to a Champions League club.

And to be fair to us, he's on contract until 2018. So if it wasn't all about coin we'd not even need to entertain the idea of selling him for a few seasons yet.

According to the Chronicle we've been scouting his replacement for a year...

May explain how we managed to sign him (and Cabaye). We all know the long contracts are to inflate their value/protect the club from missing out on sizeable transfer fees. It's not beyond the realms of possibility that they were guaranteed the right to negotiate an exit if the price was right.

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic