Isis

Dr Gloom

What do you mean by "Germany don't seem to be doing to bad at the moment."? You didn't really answer the question did you. The point is, renewables can only account for a small percentage of your energy consumption, because you need to maintain baseload. Nuclear can do this, wind and solar can't. So my guess is, Germany must import power, just like the UK does. From France.

What I meant was, that Germany's Bio Energy is increasing and their industry don't seem to be suffering. They have already shut down 7 of their Nuclear plants and the rest will be shut down by 2022. As far as know they don't buy energy from France, could be wrong of course about that.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'll ask again then, what do they do on cloudy, windless days?

And I'll ask you, how often do you think they would get a windless day? Not very many, I'm sure they would have an alternative source if that probability ever occurred.

And I'll ask you, how often do you think they would get a windless day? Not very many, I'm sure they would have an alternative source if that probability ever occurred.

Well done for avoiding the question yet again, but it seems that you might be coming around to the idea that ultimately you need a baseload source of power generation. FYI this needs to account for about 80% of power needs and currently needs to be based on fossil fuels or nuclear.

As for lack of wind? I drive past wind turbines that aren't turning all the time. And if it's too windy? They have to shut down...

Well done for avoiding the question yet again, but it seems that you might be coming around to the idea that ultimately you need a baseload source of power generation. FYI this needs to account for about 80% of power needs and currently needs to be based on fossil fuels or nuclear.

As for lack of wind? I drive past wind turbines that aren't turning all the time. And if it's too windy? They have to shut down...

OK. Settle. The bloke hasn't a clue besides the rubbish fed to him as a Greens member ,He's a joke. He knows it. The cunt lives in Luxemberg ffs.

OK. Settle. The bloke hasn't a clue besides the rubbish fed to him as a Greens member ,He's a joke. He knows it. The cunt lives in Luxemberg ffs.

Oh!! cunty ken another fucking intelligent comment, coming from you again.

Well that escalated quickly from the inner working of renewable energy :D

Whenever the Greens get involved, and he is staunch as he has listed some idiot politicians as his heroes previously... well it's like garnering the thoughts of Wolfy.

Utopia does not exist, and if we went ahead with trying to acheive Utopia under the Greens banner we'd all be travelling by horse and carriage.

• 2 weeks later...

Was reading about planned attacks by this lot in Australia. Basically random beheadings of members of the public.

On the face of it this sort of terror activity would be so easy to carry out compared to all the bomb making cells.

Ie nowt stopping a couple of radicals with a kitchen knife.

I think this is the way it could here next and wonder just how much this will fuck racial relations up.

So the murder of Lee Rigby escaped the notice of the South Tyneside oracle?.....no shit?....

First of all Lee Rigby was a targeted attack against a soldier, not random members of the public.

Secondly, I don't recall his killers being linked to IS.

What I'm talking about is a coordinated policy shift from IS to target random members of the public on the streets of Britain.

Edited by Christmas Tree

Ok CT I'll make this simple for you, I think what you're alluding to has already happened in this country. A random attack on a citizen in the street by Islamic terrorists intent on beheading the poor victim. That's all I'm trying to say. Sorry for being so obtuse this morning. Am also sorry you're so fuckin thick.

CT's point was one that was made at the time of the Lee Rigby murder, it doesn't take a massive conspiracy or technical knowledge to carry out one of these attacks, just a nutter with a knife. However, the fact that we haven't seen any further attacks of this sort since Rigby's indicates that it may not be a massive threat to the population.

Ok CT I'll make this simple for you, I think what you're alluding to has already happened in this country. A random attack on a citizen in the street by Islamic terrorists intent on beheading the poor victim. That's all I'm trying to say. Sorry for being so obtuse this morning. Am also sorry you're so fuckin thick.

Honestly you are turning into a right whining old fanny.

I'm simply talking about a breaking news story this morning in Australia regarding IS deciding to start demonstration killings against the public and the impact it would have if a similar campaign was launched here.

No need to try and come the clever arse really is there.

CT's point was one that was made at the time of the Lee Rigby murder, it doesn't take a massive conspiracy or technical knowledge to carry out one of these attacks, just a nutter with a knife. However, the fact that we haven't seen any further attacks of this sort since Rigby's indicates that it may not be a massive threat to the population.

I think after the hostage murders and the ramping up of attacks against IS, this course of action could easily follow. Australia have been quite involved lately which is maybe why it's possibly starting there.

I think it's clear they have a lot of support here.

This is the story Sky this morning.

Fears supporters of Islamic State were planning to kidnap a random person and carry out a "demonstration killing" prompted Australia's largest ever anti-terror raids, the prime minister has said.

Asked about reports that the planned attack involved a plot to behead a person in Sydney, Tony Abbott said: "That's the intelligence we received.

"The exhortations - quite direct exhortations - were coming from an Australian who is apparently quite senior in ISIL (also known as IS or ISIS) to networks of support back in Australia to conduct demonstration killings here in this country.

"This is not just suspicion, this is intent and that's why the police and security agencies decided to act in the way they have."

Police Footage Of Raids

More than 800 officers took part in the operation which saw at least 15 people detained and one charged with a serious "terrorism-related" offence.

The suspects had purchased machetes, balaclavas and military fatigues and planned to record the killing to be released on social media, Australia's ABC News reported.

Pictures in the Australian media showed a sword being removed from one of the properties

The early morning raids of homes and businesses in Sydney and Brisbane came just days after Australia raised its national terror threat level to "high" for the first time, citing the likelihood of terrorist attacks by Australians radicalised in Iraq or Syria.

One of the suspects arrested made a brief appearance in court on Thursday.

Prosecutors said Omarjan Azari - who is charged with conspiracy to prepare for a terrorist attack- was involved in an alleged plan to "gruesomely" kill someone, an attack that was "clearly designed to shock and horrify" the public.

Court documents accused the 22-year-old of conspiring with former Sydney nightclub bouncer Mohammad Ali Baryalei, 33, who is suspected to be Australia's most senior member of IS in Syria and Iraq.

Prosecutor Michael Allnutt said the charge followed from the interception of a phone call made in recent days.

Police have also issued an arrest warrant for Baryalei.

Sydney is home to around half of Australia's 500,000 Muslims, with the majority living in the western suburbs where the raids were carried out.

New South Wales Police Commissioner Andrew Scipione said the operation showed the reality of the threat facing Australia.

He said: "You know it is of serious concern that right at the heart of our communities we have people that are planning to conduct random attacks.

"Today we work together to make sure that didn't happen. We have disrupted that particular attack."

Australia, which is due to host the G20 Leaders Summit in Brisbane in mid-November, is concerned over the number of its citizens believed to be fighting overseas with Islamist militant groups.

Mr Scipione said: "Our police will continue to work tirelessly to prevent any such attacks but certainly can I stress that right now, is a time for calm.

"We don't need to whip this up.

"We need to let people know that they are safe and certainly from our perspective we know that the work this morning will ensure that all of those plans that may have been on foot have been thwarted."

Up to 160 Australians have either been involved in the fighting in the Middle East or actively supporting it, officials said.

At least 20 are believed to have returned to Australia and pose a national security risk, the head of the country's spy agency said when raising the threat level last week.

Was reading about planned attacks by this lot in Australia. Basically random beheadings of members of the public.

On the face of it this sort of terror activity would be so easy to carry out compared to all the bomb making cells.

Ie nowt stopping a couple of radicals with a kitchen knife.

I think this is the way it could here next and wonder just how much this will fuck racial relations up.

Largest anti-terrorism operation on record here. This 'lot' as you call it are linked to ISIS directly.

If you think you are immune then that is just laughable. I'd suggest you would be more prone than we are.