Isis

Dr Gloom

I was in Marmaris in May, so they're probably wanting to make sure that I've definitely cleared the area.

You did that when you had a shit in the pool.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't they been there for months? Also, isn't it just a line on a map in this particular area rather than a some heavily defended boundary. Also, I don't think IS are going to launch an invasion of Turkey (what's been stopping them before now if they wanted to?) because they'd get their arses kicked.

I think taking Koubani would be a big moment, strategically and symbolically given it's right on the fringes of Europe.

An invasion of Turkey by is unlikely, but they definitely see them as infidels. As probably the most westernised Muslim state, it'll be interesting to see how the Turks respond given how IS view them.

As it happens, I couldn't go in the pool cos I'd had parasite related food poisoning the week before we went. Disappointing cos I'd just about stopped shitting myself by the time we got there.

:D

Which implies you were still shitting yourself.

Did you have to stand-up wipe?

That aside, the current position doesn't seem as controllable as people have comfort in thinking. I still doubt the us fund them as Islamic State, and daily see victories for them and losses for humanity. The famous troop running incident in Iraq that has led us to think that it's a matter of them being poor soilders, but the propoganda video from IS shows the big picture. They systemstically target leadership of the military and heads of departments in house to house searches before the assault, as they encircle positions very quickly in their shitty little jeeps. Once they are in the murders begin, the women get enslaved then they move on with some new recruits (or in IS terms, those that repent in the mosque meeting, after a short demonstration of street killing)

Rantings again , but yeah I'll go watch that vid and stay off watching IS as i've become obssessed, maybe Island fever, I haven't been off in a year.

This article is worth a read to get some perspective on things, obviously there is no over-night solution to this and things will no doubt intensify in certain areas but the writer makes some good points.

Why the Islamic State is Losing: http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2014/10/why-islamic-state-is-losing-111872.html

Edited by RedfernMag

Hmm not so sure about that, the author boiled my blood pretty early on in the article with the phrase "everyone should just calm down"..

When mass killings of civilians and beheadings of hundreds of children is happening, the last thing humanity should do is calm down. Very insensitive and stupid thing to say.

It's like being aware of the holocaust during the stalingrad years and us saying, calm down, the russians will quell them. We obviously didnt know about the death camps at that time, and its a rather crude example, but fuck me , saying ignore it is sickening to me.

Watched the vid in the link above, it was very interesting , but still in my view IS is not looking like a currently US funded organisation but more a child of tjay behaviour, that wants to revert to the pre CIA borders. Very good video though, Americans really should be force fed this stuff, it's appalling what they have done in the past. For me, most anti american sentiment in the world is brought on by their foreign policy and games, but it doesn't mitigate a need to clean up the mess and (I'm dreaming) expose the US as the instigator with evidence to the world afterwards.

Edited by scoobos

Hmm not so sure about that, the author boiled my blood pretty early on in the article with the phrase "everyone should just calm down"..

When mass killings of civilians and beheadings of hundreds of children is happening, the last thing humanity should do is calm down. Very insensitive and stupid thing to say.

Watched the vid in the link above, it was very interesting , but still in my view IS is not looking like a US funded child but more an organisation that wants to revert to the pre CIA borders and games. Very good video though, Americans really should be force fed this stuff, it's appalling what they have done in the past.

As if that wasn't going on beforehand, and isn't going on all across the globe. What do you think is happening in South America? In Plenty of African countries.

Who is saying that IS is US funded?

Post 206 and earlier.

Whilst I agree that beheadings etc are happening in the african continent , I've seen nothing on this scale EVER, we are talking thousands man, every week. The evidence is appalling. France intervened in Mali shortly after a massacre of less than 200 civilians, IS have done thousands by the looks of it. South America doesn't even compare , what are you talking about there? (meant in the best possible way), whos killing / enslaving entire populations of towns ?

I just feel its being played down a bit , although i've stopped looking at their stuff since it's been doing my head in!

Post 206 and earlier.

Whilst I agree that beheadings etc are happening in the african continent , I've seen nothing on this scale EVER, we are talking thousands man, every week. The evidence is appalling. France intervened in Mali shortly after a massacre of less than 200 civilians, IS have done thousands by the looks of it. South America doesn't even compare , what are you talking about there? (meant in the best possible way), whos killing / enslaving entire populations of towns ?

I just feel its being played down a bit , although i've stopped looking at their stuff since it's been doing my head in!

That's partly because of the nature of Western Media.

Re: South America, the drug cartels are forever displacing native villages and while their violence may not match IS in terms of numbers, the fact remains that the biggest reason that this iteration of Middle Eastern tribal/religious atrocity is on TV is because Islamic Extremism is the enemy de jour.

Despite what micepie (and others) would have you believe, there isn't a quick solution to this. Bombing the region would foster support for IS; rather than destroying them, you'd turn what is a stand-up fight into a guerilla war the likes of which, Western Armed forces simply aren't capable of dealing with.

Education, moderation and modernisation are the best ways to defeat extremism. They're also take the most money, most time and most political capital.

It's like being aware of the holocaust during the stalingrad years and us saying, calm down, the russians will quell them. We obviously didnt know about the death camps at that time, and its a rather crude example, but fuck me , saying ignore it is sickening to me.

Watched the vid in the link above, it was very interesting , but still in my view IS is not looking like a currently US funded organisation but more a child of tjay behaviour, that wants to revert to the pre CIA borders. Very good video though, Americans really should be force fed this stuff, it's appalling what they have done in the past. For me, most anti american sentiment in the world is brought on by their foreign policy and games, but it doesn't mitigate a need to clean up the mess and (I'm dreaming) expose the US as the instigator with evidence to the world afterwards.

When there is talk about the sacking of Rome by IS you could say that it's starting to get a bit carried away, no? tbh, that line irked me a bit as well, but hopefully it didn't put you off reading the rest of the article.

Btw, not sure where you get anyone saying ignore it from? I don't think that anyone is saying that, unless by that you mean discussing it = ignoring it as opposed to doing something, anything because you are driven by propaganda films made by those cunts. (I would of thought that the latter is exactly what they want, they would like nothing more than boots on the ground and having us watch the headless bodies of US troops being dragged around by a 4WD on YouTube).

This article is worth a read to get some perspective on things, obviously there is no over-night solution to this and things will no doubt intensify in certain areas but the writer makes some good points.

Why the Islamic State is Losing: http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2014/10/why-islamic-state-is-losing-111872.html

Good article that....Lays it out pretty sim[ly with regard to the hiatus about Baghdad.

You said we were bombing their homelands and stopping bombing them would help. So where are these homelands, and are you saying if we do then they will all stop hating us and live in these homelands

:lol:

Jesus Christ.