The Cricket Thread

McFaul

Do you like cricket?  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ken, even if you're right, and this isn't a great England side, it's pretty irrelevant from the point of view of an Ashes series. The fact is that an Aussie team that have performed a lot better than most commentators expected them, to have played an England team that have played quite a bit worse than commentators expected them to, and face the very real prospect of going home on the wrong end of a 4 nil beating.

All that matters for the purposes of this series is how the teams are relative to one another. And at the minute your lot are struggling.

You don't like cricket though do you?

No it's shit, but they care and they're mouthy as fuck, so an England win is a good thing in my view. Scousers in the sun.

He doesn't like Australians more. :)

That may be a possibility; He sees England's identity dissipating through the advent of the EU - the culling of England's culture by way of immigrant swamping and he's angry. Angry that large grabs of the former empire are left untouched by such political manouvres but the motherland is raped and pillaged. Either way, who gives a fuck - the fifth test starts soon.

Ken, even if you're right, and this isn't a great England side, it's pretty irrelevant from the point of view of an Ashes series. The fact is that an Aussie team that have performed a lot better than most commentators expected them, to have played an England team that have played quite a bit worse than commentators expected them to, and face the very real prospect of going home on the wrong end of a 4 nil beating.

All that matters for the purposes of this series is how the teams are relative to one another. And at the minute your lot are struggling.

I concur. And I 'll cop it from cricket fans, but not blow-ins who know nothing about the game.

It's weird like as it's the most flattering 3-0 of all time as I don't believe that it's a great England side. More so I think Cook has a lot to learn as a captain despite all of the praise he seems to be getting at the moment. I think he's far too negative and not pragmatic enough.

Imagine if our top order batsmen had turned up though?

It's weird like as it's the most flattering 3-0 of all time as I don't believe that it's a great England side. More so I think Cook has a lot to learn as a captain despite all of the praise he seems to be getting at the moment. I think he's far too negative and not pragmatic enough.

Imagine if our top order batsmen had turned up though?

Aye, it's felt like a pretty even series, with the exception of Lords, but England just keep turning up when it really matters and the Aussies don't. Winning habit maybe?

I'd love to see Cook be more aggressive, but at the same time his record is ridiculously good.

That's the thing. We have been well below our best and have still run away with it. It comes from a winning mentality. England have it right now. Oz have lost it. They've a lot of work to do between now and the return series in the winter. England can only get better, worryingly for them.

That's the thing. We have been well below our best and have still run away with it. It comes from a winning mentality. England have it right now. Oz have lost it. They've a lot of work to do between now and the return series in the winter. England can only get better, worryingly for them.

No. It's not that Australia doesn't want to win, the will is there, it is the ability to do it. This batting lineup is fucked.

On the plus side for Australia - England don't have a genuine all-rounder, and Graeme Swann is just an average bowler. Unfortunately no other weaknesses to report.

How I feel when you write about football tbf.

If that's the way you want to be, then so be it. You are a dreamer of past ways anyway I've always felt. I was a fan of German football long before it became fashionable again (2005-06). I think Jap football is the way of the future too (I've said that years ago too).

But forget progression. Long live the hatchet man.

No. It's not that Australia doesn't want to win, the will is there, it is the ability to do it. This batting lineup is fucked.

On the plus side for Australia - England don't have a genuine all-rounder, and Graeme Swann is just an average bowler. Unfortunately no other weaknesses to report.

Who is also the leading wicket taker in the series.

If that's the way you want to be, then so be it. You are a dreamer of past ways anyway I've always felt. I was a fan of German football long before it became fashionable again (2005-06). I think Jap football is the way of the future too (I've said that years ago too).

But forget progression. Long live the hatchet man.

There is no such thing as the past.

I admit I've only recently started really getting into cricket but I thought Swann was widely regarded as one of the best spin bowlers in the world?

Agree about the lack of an all rounder. It especially shows up when Priors battings shite.

I'm struggling to think of a better spinner in recent years. He's bowled us to countless victories.

Plus he's shown you don't have to be wrist spinner to be attacking and turn the ball a lot. Finger spinners were a bit of a dying breed in the test arena until he came along.

I say it mainly cos I know he'll hate the comparison, but also because its true: Stevie is the Adrian Durham of my twitter timeline. :razz:

:lol:

Pipe down you "you could hear them in Nairobi!"

Aye but at least he's not a deadly dull boring cunt from Chester Le Street.

I don't know if it's been mentioned in this thread yet, but I think that's where the cricket ground is