John Carver Football Genius

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm glad for him that he didn't take us down but i hope he does the honourable thing now and fucks off.

Aye, the bloke's a monumental mug but he loves the club. He shouldn't be throwing his hat in the ring or any of that bollocks, he should just slide back to a coaching position and be glad that they'd keep him, I'd actually start to question his support of the club if he can actually look at the pathetic job he has done given half a season and honestly say to himself that he is the man to move the club forward.

He'd have to be delusional to think the job he's done is in any way acceptable. Still he learnt the art of excuses from The King so maybe he does believe hes good enough.

I'm certain it won't be Carver, but it not being Charnley is as important imo

Well you were right about us not going down so all I'm saying is in fish we trust

Agree that Charnley needs to go. It sounds as though Ashley has no say at all on the football matters, just the financials. As such, this shitstorm is at Charnley's door, really.

I think that Ashley is very much understating his influence on footballing matters.

You think so...? I sometimes wonder where he'd find the time to be honest, given that we're not his only focus. It makes sense that a lot of the stuff that goes on would have to be at the door of people he can delegate to.

I'm not saying that he is involved with decisions on individual players but I'm sure he'd have the final say in the appointment of a head coach and guides our overall transfer strategy.

He spoke like he will be heavily involved with selecting incoming players.Now that is frightening.Does he not realise he has been a shit head coach at both Toronto and us.

I think/assume he's working from the logic that he's not been ruled out of getting the job, and is just talking from the point of view of what he'll potentially do if he gets it.

There was no way Charnley was going to tell him that he'd definitely not get the job before we secured safety. Far too risky. Either you get rid there and then or you leave it.

I'm not saying that he is involved with decisions on individual players but I'm sure he'd have the final say in the appointment of a head coach and guides our overall transfer strategy.

Ah ok, well then yes. Although he'll not be drawing up shortlists or anything like that. If Charnley's the one doing that, then he's actually the one in the position to influence the outcome.

On transfer strategy, I agree. I think you could interpret his comments as him saying as much anyway; he makes sure that the club is maximising it's financial prospects (allegedly), while Charnley (God help us) ensures we perform.

Either way, maybe this whole sorry affair has got under his skin at least - I doubt he'll allow us to come this close to the abyss again...and it doesn't sound like relegation is going to get rid of him...

Surprised to see Charver driving after the match tbh, I'd have thought he'd have been straight on the 8 Ace.

It's a left hand drive, his missus just lets him pretend.