JawD

Probably still are, there's a player who would thrive in that league going for free.

I can imagine it now - Ranger rolls in Celtic's 4th goal past Aberdeen on his debut and the Celtic fans flock to this board to chastise us for letting another future England international go to their world class club.

He's been an embarassment to the club virtually from the off so I'm glad the cunts gone. Sad that he's no doubt leaving with a payoff that would take most people years to earn and that it's taken so long!

Agreed

• 2 weeks later...

I know he's only made two cameos, but how was Campbell behind the pecking order to this prick for so long? :thumbdown:

Ranger strong physique fitted Pards tactic better at the time. But I really do hope he will focus more on fast strikers in the future.

• 4 weeks later...

Former Newcastle player Nile Ranger sentenced for assault

Ex-Premier League striker Nile Ranger has been given a 12-month community order for pulling his girlfriend's hair during a row.

The 21-year-old former Newcastle United player admitted common assault on Shakira Bicar outside the city's Gate entertainment complex on 13 March.

He was released by Newcastle United after a series of off-pitch problems.

Newcastle magistrates heard the row happened when Ms Bicar was out with a male work colleague.

The hearing was told that on the night of the assault Ranger repeatedly contacted Ms Bicar on her phone and the couple then argued in the street.

Witnesses heard him tell someone on the phone "I'm going to grab her".

'Paid heavy price'

During a struggle, she kicked his leg and he pulled her by the hair towards the Gate car park in Newcastle city centre.

Witnesses called the police and, when he was arrested he told officers: "I grabbed her, yeah, I grabbed her."

Chairman of the Bench Chris Robinson ordered the player, of Edwins Avenue, Forrest Hall, to carry out 120 hours of unpaid work during a 12-month community order, nine months of which will be supervised.

Ranger offered to pay the £85 costs and a £60 victim surcharge immediately.

No order was made for compensation as there was a possibility of reconciliation, the court heard.

Restraining order

Ranger's solicitor Geoffrey Forrester told the court the player hoped to resume his football career in the summer.

Mr Forrester said: "He has paid a heavy price for this. He has had to leave Newcastle United FC by way of settlement. It was not something he wanted to do.

"He brought it upon himself, he has to move on with his life."

The court heard that there had been previous "domestic incidents" between the couple at Ranger's house, which required the police, but there had never been a formal complaint.

Dealing with Ranger's previous convictions for drink-driving, battery and being drunk and disorderly, Mr Forrester said they happened within a six-week period in autumn 2011, and that the battery offences for which he was given 12-month conditional discharge happened when he struggled with police having been racially abused in the street by others.

Nice guy. Pity they didn't lock him up.

What a 6Bellend.

I had hoped they'd stop referencing Newcastle when we got shot of him, but I imagine for years to come, whenever the little shit gets in trouble he'll be referred to as "Ex-Newcastle Striker".

Part of me hopes he gets a shot at a Championship club so that they're tarred with his brush.

Complete waste of potential ability, Had such a fantastic chance with us to prove himself yet all he wants to be is 50 cent or whatever on the streets posing with guns.

• 4 weeks later...

422043_10200274528439835_560413458_n.jpg

Hit a fox apparently.

A nice metaphor for his career is the result.

Transfer to Leicesters fallen through?

hit a fox? was the fox 4 feet tall and made of concrete? he's clearly went into a lamppost or bollard afterwards if that's the case.

poor fox, and slap it up that cunt.

:lol: aye, some fucking fox!

Shame it wasn't far more serious.