McClaren, Laudrup, Carvs, The tea lady?

Howay

You've been saying no coach worth their salt would be interested in Newcastle United.

I'm saying there's fucking loads that would, but Charnley is putting up too many obstacles.

you missed two important words .... "under ashley."

obviously we are still an attractive-looking club with potential for foreign coaches who don't know the internal workings. but anyone with ambition would soon be put off once he sees what's involved. you have been adamant that a quality european coach would come here despite the constraints of working for ashley because we're a big club in a big league. sorry like, but that's not enough when you have to work for the penny pinching jabba the hut cunt running the show in ne1.

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you missed two important words .... "under ashley."

obviously we are still an attractive-looking club with potential for foreign coaches who don't know the internal workings. but anyone with ambition would soon be put off once he sees what's involved. you have been adamant that a quality european coach would come here despite the constraints of working for ashley because we're a big club in a big league. sorry like, but that's not enough when you have to work for the penny pinching jabba the hut cunt running the show in ne1.

Nobody is disputing we are a big club and SHOULD be able to attract a top class manager. But the fact that Ashley owns the club and has left it up to Charnley (who knows fuck all about football) in charge of recruiting a new headcoach/manager with the constraints that come with it. That's what sticks in my throat. Keegan told us ages ago these fuckers dont know how to run a football club if people think McLaren is acceptable to take up this job then it really shows how far down Ashley has dragged expectations McLaren = Pardew it'll all end in tears.

Nobody is disputing we are a big club and SHOULD be able to attract a top class manager. But the fact that Ashley owns the club and has left it up to Charnley (who knows fuck all about football) in charge of recruiting a new headcoach/manager with the constraints that come with it. That's what sticks in my throat. Keegan told us ages ago these fuckers dont know how to run a football club if people think McLaren is acceptable to take up this job then it really shows how far down Ashley has dragged expectations McLaren = Pardew it'll all end in tears.

Our infrastructure is 42 people short of what it should be.

McLarens managerial career

1995–1999Derby County (assistant)

1999–2001Manchester United (assistant)

2000–2002England (assistant)

2001–2006Middlesbrough

2004–2006England (assistant)

2006–2007England

2008–2010FC Twente

2010–2011VfL Wolfsburg

2011Nottingham Forest

2012–2013FC Twente

2013Queens Park Rangers (coach)

2013–2015Derby County

Well he's certainly had some jobs

Remi Garde, once considered an option by United, is not being considered this time around after failing to impress during a first round of interviews in January when it was felt that the job may be beyond him.

:lol:

It's not rocket science Fish. Good coaches would be interested in NUFC, but only if Ashley wasn't here and the entire philosophy of the club was different.

McClaren is a bang average coach who might do a job if given loads of money. But under Ashley, I don't know how anyone can say with any confidence that he'd do a better job than Pardew, because let's get fucking real here, the statement was bollocks, nothing at all has changed about how this club is run.

You're dismissing perfectly valid and consensus-based opinions as petulant. You're the tiring one on here - the volume of your posts and the number of words of yours I end up reading on here daily is exhausting.

Good coaches might fancy a club the size of newcastle but are unlikely to want to work for Ashley. This has never changed. We couldn't even convince Vieria man, what makes you think someone like Garde would fancy it?

Anyway, your confident claim that we'll get Garde or someone similar sounds just as ridiculous now as it did when you first made it.

Rag week? Some excellent points though.

Look I know more about football than any of yous, and I'm telling you getting McClaren puts a little ray of sunlight for our future in to a dark cat piss smelling cell without a light. I'll get my season card back if fatty backs the ginger knight.

Why would he interview for the job if he didn't want it?

I understand why Vieira would float his name around the position, but what has Garde got to gain from sitting for an interview?

He could have been applying for the job with certain reservations or expectations that he wanted met. The interview process is always a two-way street.

I'll get my season card back if fatty backs the ginger knight.

You chucked in your season ticket? Since when? Why didn't you tell any of us? I thought we were all friends and we shared things. Over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

You chucked in your season ticket? Since when? Why didn't you tell any of us? I thought we were all friends and we shared things. Over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

I'm confused as to why you would get it back? Nothing's changed since you packed it in? McLaren = Pardew mk2. We haven't signed a player yet but have released 3 first teamers. If anything we are worse off than when you cancelled your ticket Stevie

I'm confused as to why you would get it back? Nothing's changed since you packed it in? McLaren = Pardew mk2. We haven't signed a player yet but have released 3 first teamers. If anything we are worse off than when you cancelled your ticket Stevie

I'll get my season card back if fatty backs the ginger knight.

IF fatty backs him. In fatties interview he insinuated he'd spend more this summer than he ever has. If he does I'll be back. Not sure what's difficult to understand about that.

Edited by McFaul

That's the key for me. Some confused why I'm not over the moon at the prospect of McClaren.

It's not a choice that suggests change or excites. It's not one that's suggests breaking the mold.

However, I would think him one of the best, if not the best, coaches we've had under MA. Based on what ive heard over the years from people who know him, worked with him or played under him.

I've said now, will I back him? Aye, If the club does.

At the very least, I think he could get more from the current squad than pardew.

Still need to invest else it's a waste of time and Id hope JC wouldn't be his no 2 either, but concede due to stupid contracts he'll be around the club. Maybe SMc can find something he is good at.

IF fatty backs him. In fatties interview he insinuated he'd spend more this summer than he ever has. If he does I'll be back. Not sure what's difficult to understand about that.

I think it's more about your u-turn. You seemed to be pretty adamant you weren't going back while Ashley was there (despite having hardly missed a home game this season).

I've had a season ticket since October 1991. On Thursday I rang the club and told them that was the finish, and it is. I'm no longer a season ticket holder aft1er 20 odd years, and I won't be back at St James' till Ashley is gone. Even if by some miracle we fluke a 6th place finish, there's no way on earth I'm going back til fatty is either dead or gone.

I want as many things as possible to happen to make that fat bastard fuck off, then I'll come back.

I for one have been to my last Newcastle game, baring in mind I've had a season ticket from 1991 to May 2014, I've jacked it and won't go back for years till they're all gone.

I have jacked going to SJP. 23 years I had a season ticket, I won't ever go back. I'm not a clueless part time fan with no knowledge, I'm as passionate and knowledgeable as a large portion

Best decision I've made in recent years jacking my season ticket this summer.

You can see where the confusion lies?