Newcastle United V Arsenal // St James Park // 12.45 KO

Anorthernsoul

Watched the game back on BT Sport last night. All of the commentators - 'That was definite red card. Studs up in his shin.'

Is this not the same thing? Not even a free kick was given. Oh, no, Luke Shaw plays for Manchester United, it's not a foul.

[

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gemmers has called this one spot on. The lads an idiot, particularly given his earlier two yellows.

Hopefully we can sort him out, but as he has a poor track record, it could well be that he's going to be a nightmare.

As for the rest of the season, I think we'll put a good run together once we get going.

Watched the game back on BT Sport last night. All of the commentators - 'That was definite red card. Studs up in his shin.'

Is this not the same thing? Not even a free kick was given. Oh, no, Luke Shaw plays for Manchester United, it's not a foul.

[

No, it's not the same thing. The Swansea player was going to ground, it was understandable that Shaw caught him with his studs. Mitrovic had his studs up, when you do that you're always running the risk of a red.

No, it's not the same thing. The Swansea player was going to ground, it was understandable that Shaw caught him with his studs. Mitrovic had his studs up, when you do that you're always running the risk of a red.

Coquelin and Mitrovic both went for the ball in a 50/50 and Mitrovic was a fraction of a second late. The little cheating scrote's reaction along with Mitrovic's reputation got him sent off.

Gemmers has called this one spot on. The lads an idiot, particularly given his earlier two yellows.

Hopefully we can sort him out, but as he has a poor track record, it could well be that he's going to be a nightmare.

As for the rest of the season, I think we'll put a good run together once we get going.

What do you mean by poor track record? Just these 3 games, or his career?

4 games no wins but I've seen enough to be positive about this season. We've got Chelsea and Man City in the next 4 games too unfortunately. By that the players have bedded in a little let's see how we do against West Ham and Watford. Should be aiming for 6 points

Never seen you talk so much sense in a thread. Loads to be positive about and loads to look forward to.

That bastard boring brummie ref was the biggest cunt since Brian Coddington or Trelford Mills. He had a 20 minute spell where he was so bad I honestly thought it was a wind up. He should be demoted to the Birmingham Sunday League 6th division.

What do you mean by poor track record? Just these 3 games, or his career?

The various quotes when we signed him saying he had a poor disciplinary record and can be a bit of a liability.

Be a waste of time all round if he's going to have the red mist like Cattermole or Barton.

I don't watch Belguim football and wonder if they are a bit more forgiving on the contact side of football.

To be fair, he was rather excited to meet me one time in a Town bar the name of which escapes me. Not sure if he pissed his pants in excitement or whether it was a case of leaking white wee-wee, either way he was generally over-awed.*

*Apologies to J69 for discussing this 'real life' situation, I just haven't the time to get a room when I can post on here instead.

That was said tongue in cheek you fanny . Apology accepted nevertheless

The red mist with that challenge haha...idiot.

Wouldn't have caused a man of any repute to even wince, there was nothing in it and anyone who suggests it risked injury is a blatant fanny. Yellow card sure, but nothing more.

The red mist with that challenge haha...idiot.

Wouldn't have caused a man of any repute to even wince, there was nothing in it and anyone who suggests it risked injury is a blatant fanny. Yellow card sure, but nothing more.

Red or yellow is immaterial. Given his previous two yellows he should have had a bit more about him 15 minutes into the match.

Piss poor ref + cheating arsenal player + hotheaded challenge = red card. There were a number of factors at play here CT. I think he'd have been given the benefit if the doubt if he'd been an Arsenal player. Wenger is a grade A whiney shit, always has something to say about the oppo but doesn't see what his own cheating arsehole players get up to.

Piss poor ref + cheating arsenal player + hotheaded challenge = red card. There were a number of factors at play here CT. I think he'd have been given the benefit if the doubt if he'd been an Arsenal player. Wenger is a grade A whiney shit, always has something to say about the oppo but doesn't see what his own cheating arsehole players get up to.

Don't disagree, but it's the hotheaded behaviour that "we" can do something about and need addressing quickly for the next time he plays. A big lad like him should be able to be physical enough without drawing so many cards.

What is the stat btw. 2 yellows and a red in how many minutes :lol:

I'm sure it's something the coaches will talk to him about.They won't want him to get sent off either. I expect he's just settling in, I'd give him a few more games before you write him off

There was nothing "hotheaded" about the challenge or even daft. It was his ball to challenge and he went for it, yellow card for being late and that should have been that.

We're talking about Mariner, he shouldn't be allowed to referee our games man. He actually takes the piss. :lol:

As far as phrases go, it is on the gimpier side of the spectrum. Good to see you haven't lost any of your sterling wit Stevie :lol:

A quick google and I've used the cunt on here :picknose:

Today's refs send players off for such tackles and players reactions make refs decisions easier.It always looks worse when theatricals follow such tackles and those cockney bastards are the worst for it and it's not just their foreign players.Wilshire and Ramsey are both cunts when it comes to helping refs brandish cards and don't forget those makem bastards Fletcher,Larsson and Mr P Doe.