"Judge me after 10 games"

trooper

You'd hope that with the promise 'big money' signings Mitrovic, Gino and Mbemba have shown so far, and the fact the attack is starting to look good enough to harm teams and could benefit from someone who can retain possession and spread the ball around, the club will be encouraged to spend some money again. Especially if we're still in and around the relegation zone.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

More Carrick than Cabaye, but yeah, essentially.

This club, with the players we've currently got, would benefit from a deep lying, defensively capable, playmaker* trouble is, that position is fashionable at the minute so there'd be a premium on any target and it's my opinion that you need a certain degree of maturity to play it well and so because of those two factors, I can't see the moneymen of Newcastle loosening the purse-strings enough to get a quality one.

*Regista /Hipster

They need a good seasoned pro in there to give a bit of steel and guidance. We've some decent young players but a team with a little more experience sprinkled in it would've took advantage on Sunday when they were so much on top.

They need a good seasoned pro in there to give a bit of steel and guidance. We've some decent young players but a team with a little more experience sprinkled in it would've took advantage on Sunday when they were so much on top.

Yep, I know I keep going back to him, but honestly, Carrick would be perfect. Unlikely he'd swap fighting for the title with Manchester United, for fighting against the drop with us mind :lol:

Yep, I know I keep going back to him, but honestly, Carrick would be perfect. Unlikely he'd swap fighting for the title with Manchester United, for fighting against the drop with us mind :lol:

Carrick would be perfect for us

He could definitely do a job for us, I was thinking more a modern Gary McCallister at Liverpool, Gordon Strachan at Leeds, Brian Kilcline looking after the young'uns type.

Could the Geordie factor appeal enough to see him give us his final two or three seasons?

I doubt it. I doubt we'd even try anyway, due to lack of resale value and wages.

I reckon he'd have a good few years in him for a team like us. He reads the game and passes so well, I doubt he'll be that affected by advancing years.

My judgement is the same as it was after watching just the pre-season games. Much improved play style (or attempt at it anyway) but my judgement is he's an idiot to take the job, Ashley will fuck him with a squad of disjointed players who see us as a stepping stone.

Seriously, I'd rather see us lose and play football than win and play Pardew style.

I'm hoping I'm wrong because the signings have been immense, Thauvin excepted. Thauvin might come good though, it's a big ask for someone to come into a new team and a new league and just instantly be able to adapt - but the other ones have!

Edited by scoobos

Just building on that, would anyone rather we won 1-0 at the weekend but played Pardew era rubbish? Or as we did, but lost 3-0?

I'd rather lose after having played well. At least in that case, you can point to dodgy refereeing and just a baffling lack of luck. With Pardew's games, you could always pick out a ton of flaws that he just refused to address, we just happen to have a total liability as club captain. Reminds me of the Arsenal game in that there was a lot of positives, despite getting beat. With Pardew's humpings, there was none of that.

If he doesn't sort the defence out in the next games we will remain relegation candidates. The promise we've shown is meaningless when we leak goals so often and it would be absurd to hope that we can just patch it up, again, in January.

If he doesn't sort the defence out in the next games we will remain relegation candidates. The promise we've shown is meaningless when we leak goals so often and it would be absurd to hope that we can just patch it up, again, in January.

That's why I was hoping Coloccini would actually miss 3 games tbh.

Remember the Man Utd game? We defended well there... they've got it in them somewhere.

Colo might be past his best but fuck off with the 'wish he was banned' shite. Lascelles was dogshit last month according to most on here. Now we want him back in the team? Colo's the best we've got told January and seems to be getting the best out of Mbemba

No one put a foot wrong until that moment apart from Tiote for getting booked so early on.

That's what's wound me up about McClaren. He's going about saying how Sunderland never had a chance. Ignoring that one where two mackems danced past our 6 defenders to win the pen to turn the game.

Better chance than any of our scrappy efforts had been up to that point.