Monroe Transfer

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen enough to think we'll be okay this season, probably 14th to 16th. I expect the mackems to go down, mind I've expected that for the last 3 years.

Yep, I'm ironically more confident of staying up after that game than I was before it.

we might be "ok" or stay up, but we're still shite

we're not even mid table fodder if by november we're thinking "think we'll just about stay up" and playing like that

Just no.

really, you reckon the results and the position we're in mean we're not bad then aye?

The performances against Norwich, Arsenal, Chelsea, Man U, and the first halves against City and Mackems suggest otherwise. We need a couple of additions yes but we are streets ahead of Carvers team

Still can't believe Cattermole finished that game without a card. Sick and fucking tired of Refs like this fucking teams over and being totally unaccountable for it. Needs to fucking change.

The performances against Norwich, Arsenal, Chelsea, Man U, and the first halves against City and Mackems suggest otherwise. We need a couple of additions yes but we are streets ahead of Carvers team

Add Pards onto that and I totally agree. We never dominated possession wise anything like that first half under The King.

"We’ve carried that precious piece of history on – the fourth manager to beat Newcastle in their second game as Sunderland boss.

"This was quite an achievement considering the low ebb we're in at the moment - facing a rival with the extra pressure of having won the last five derbies.
"Everyone’s done a job – the players on the pitch and me, tactically setting them out. We had some good fortune for the first goal and we took advantage of it. It’s the first good weekend the fans have had this season.
"It’s a big victory and we can all look forward to next week. Hopefully this is the start of us getting out of trouble."

Add Pards onto that and I totally agree. We never dominated possession wise anything like that first half under The King.

Aye. We're gonna be fine and I think there's reason to be pleased about the work McClaren's doing. He can't legislate for the fucking stupidity of some of his players unfortunately.

What is wrong with McClaren?

No deJong again FFS, wouldn't he have been a better option than Thauvin when we are 3 goals down.

Maybe Cisse would have been a better choice than Thauvin at that stage.

We were the better side by a distance. We controlled it, created chances and never looked like giving away anything at the back. Even with 10 men in the second half we still controlled it. Referee decisions are out of your control. The defining moments were two ref decision he got wrong. Gini Wijnaldum's ball was handballed by Lee Cattermole and the penalty for them was never a penalty. The penalty and red card was a double whammy. In the first half the team were excellent. I was totally relaxed. We were in control. I said to players that’s what we must continue. If we continue doing that and get decisions right then we’ll do OK.

I'm not sure it's a foul and if it was Elliot is getting the ball 100% so it's no red.

It probably was a foul. A shoulder charge is only allowed if the ball is within playing distance, which it wasn't. I think Fletcher's momentum made it look worse than it was, if he stays on his feet then the pen probably isn't given. Don't think it was a clear goalscoring opportunity though with the GK so close to it all.

Irony was there were two 50/50 shoulder barges in the middle of the pitch second half, neither was given as a foul.

Had Fletcher had control of the ball, or even touched it, then it's possibly a foul. 2 players challenging for a loose ball shouldn't be though, it's a contact sport ffs

You can't really say Colo's charge wasn't a foul. It was pretty obvious with his push off at the end of it. The red card can be argued the rest of the season. The point is, here we are with someone who is supposed to be the team captain yet again putting us in such a situation. How he still wears the armband I have no idea. He's one of the biggest liabilities on the pitch whether from a decision making or skill standpoint. Get him the hell out of the side at the January window.

And watching that smug kiddie diddler run down to the Newcastle fans after. Rage inducing. Sure all the unwashed are celebrating with him tonight. Juice boxes and fruit snacks all around.

:lol: Unreal that after all the quality sides we have had over the years it is them that hold the record for most consecutive derby wins in a row, another brilliant record toppled during the Ashley regime. A 3-0 loss to that side is shameful, the ref played a big part but we should have had enough to get at least 1 goal ffs.