Newcastle United v Aston Villa (19/12/15 17:30 ko Sky)

Haydnator

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's going to be amazing if and when Villa go down. I'm genuinely looking forward to seeing the faces that Collymore, Merson and Agbonlahor pull as their beloved club drops into the Championship and oblivion thereafter.

Lerner can't be keen to fund an expensive push back into the Premier League, they've no real quality at the club and I haven't heard if any of their young players have made an impact. Their attendances, as a percentage, are the worst in the league and I can't imagine they're going to improve after relegation.

@@The Fish - big timezone differences, Re; expecting miracles - I think expecting McLaren to have any kind of noticeable impact as far as results and individual work ethics go, in the first 3 months is expecting a miracle. The results have been horrible, no way of talking our way out of that, but the play style is different and I'm happy on that front alone. I really do mean that I'm happier at least trying to play football properly than watching the utter fucking dross that Pard and Carver brought us.

We need new players, now that's expecting a miracle too, I reckon we'll get fuck all in in January, McLaren will get the hump and away to shite we go again.

Ffs, there goes my newfound optimism.

@@The Fish - big timezone differences, Re; expecting miracles - I think expecting McLaren to have any kind of noticeable impact as far as results and individual work ethics go, in the first 3 months is expecting a miracle. The results have been horrible, no way of talking our way out of that, but the play style is different and I'm happy on that front alone. I really do mean that I'm happier at least trying to play football properly than watching the utter fucking dross that Pard and Carver brought us.

I agree with this. I've enjoyed this season so far more than any for a good few years (bar 2nd half of the year we finished 5th, when ben arfa and cisse were quite unreal). What a difference it makes that we're trying to play football again, hasn't always worked, sometimes quite spectacularly the opposite, but I think most people can see what maclaren is trying to do - for most of the time under pards, allardyce, carver and souness ( not to mention kinear) you couldn't even guess what the intended game plan was supposed to be, if there was one. It also helps to have someone who seems to be a decent bloke in charge after 4 years of pards.

Im hoping that the nufc careers of players like Williamson Saylor Obertan Ferguson and Marveaux are coming to an end and will free up the wages to bring in somebody decent who isnt always injured or is utter shite or both. You can add the likes of Gouffran Riviere Tiote Ameobi and Vuckic to that lot. We have a shocking squad with dross who arent even good enough for the subs bench. Too many gambles on sub standard crapola who arent putting pressure on the firat team regulars. We need to pull our finger out on recruitment big time.

Tells you that our youth development is utter shite as well when they cant step up to challenge the wank thats in our squad.

We need new players, now that's expecting a miracle too, I reckon we'll get fuck all in in January, McLaren will get the hump and away to shite we go again.

Ffs, there goes my newfound optimism.

Aye, but I don't think anyone is really expecting miracles, most seem fairly grounded.

They are appreciative of the small things that seem to have changed (a more considered approach to the backroom staff, buying players in a higher bracket), but remain wholly distrustful of Ashley & the Thumb.

I don't think anyone will get carried away unless we see genuine investment in the squad, investment in the absent youth system and investment in the community.

The biggest frustration is that Newcastle are a club that is dead easy to get right. The fanbase, the reputation, the infrastructure, the bones of a squad are all there.

Sign players for the weak positions, tear down the abhorrent Sports Direct signage and view silverware as a target rather than a needless distraction and boom, happy full houses happy to spend on merchandise and what not.

Colo's spouting off about this and that how we're a changed team and no longer fear going behind and heads don't drop anymore, that this is the real Newcastle United etc. This is what worries me about Saturday v these lot. :lol: I'm as worried about our players mentality than I am of their players. (Let's be honest, if they're not at it for this game then there's something seriously fucked up with their players, really is last chance saloon for them).

Colo's spouting off about this and that how we're a changed team and no longer fear going behind and heads don't drop anymore, that this is the real Newcastle United etc. This is what worries me about Saturday v these lot. :lol: I'm as worried about our players mentality than I am of their players. (Let's be honest, if they're not at it for this game then there's something seriously fucked up with their players, really is last chance saloon for them).

Colo seemed to give up on bothering to cover Eric Dier pretty fast mind. It's all just hot air until they can apply themselves against some lesser opposition, if they can put in a good performance (and hopefully a win) against Villa I will start believing them that they've turned the corner.

Edited by Howay

Colo seemed to give up on bothering to cover Eric Dier pretty fast mind. It's all just hot air until they can apply themselves against some lesser opposition, if they can put in a good performance (and hopefully a win) against Villa I will start believing them that they've turned the corner.

Totally agree. The stuff players come out is rubbish....half the time they're just being con men for the press. The shite Shola used to come out with...