Newcastle United v Aston Villa (19/12/15 17:30 ko Sky)

Haydnator

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think we can play Colback and Anita together against teams like Villa. I can understand them both playing against Liverpool and Spurs when we aren't going to have much possession but against shite teams like Villa we need our centre midfield to be dictating the play. Colback was a passenger today.

Thank fuck that is over!

Thank fuck we got a point!!

Thank fuck we didn't lose!!!

Minutes into the second half I reconciled myself to the fact we were gonna lose.

Villa took possession of the game and coped with the ground conditions better than we did.

It was obvious they wanted the points more than we did.

We were like a bunch of wet blankets.

Disappointing, dropping two points against an absolute rubbish team. Its not the worst performance ever though, we had 3 great chances and Perez Gino and De Jong all fluffed them. De Jong's in particular, just shocking. Overall the effort was there at least. In the end its another missed opportunity against a mediocre team. And there was a 15 minute period when we were all over the place.

Don't kid yourself, Villa will be disappointed also to drop 2 points against our porous defense and are going to look forward to the rematch at their place.

Don't blame the defence, take a look at yourself. Where were you when we needed you?

:scratchhead:

Don't we need @@looneytoon to do his thing?

Oh yeah, heh.

You mean this?

Oh my Geordie friends...fear not! I have a cure for all that ills NUFC. Gather round, gather round.

Do you suffer from rheumatism, lumbago, acute chronic sciatica? Well, I represent the only company that makes the genuine article, an Elixir that cures headaches, neuralgia, earache, toothaches, backaches, swellings, sprains, sore chests, anxieties and ravaged nerves. Dislocations, cuts and bruises, and, it adds vitality and vigor to the healthy man, or woman.

Sorry my bad! Someone got me drunk last night and I woke up late! :crying::bang:

On thinking about it, in the second half Villa were most dangerous down Dummett's side of the field. They had practically free rein down that side and the crosses were plentiful and causing lots of problems. Dummett was caught out of position too many times and had no answer for their forays.

In retrospect, perhaps Brolly-boy should have perhaps yanked Dummett and put in fresh legs in the shape of Mbabu who could have perhaps closed that wing down.

Sissoko has been getting plaudits for his recent performance, but today he gets none from me. The passing partnership of him and Janmaat was just not working, too many giveaways.

Honest question, how many toontasticers go to the game any more? I was there today and honestly the rain was biblical, I was half expecting the match to be called off. Anyway, didn't think we were anywhere as near as bad as this thread suggests. For instance, de Jong's miss, put it in the context of him being half blinded and the ball being slippery as fuck. Best I've seen us play (in person) this year and no doubts to me we can secure 17th plus.. .

How many real, good chances idid Villa create?

If any of De Jong, Perez, Wijnaldum or Mitrovic had had their shooting boots on today we'd have won it on the chances we created, we didn't play badly we just couldn't finish off several good moves.