Holidays 2024

McFaul

1 hour ago, Renton said:

On holiday in the lakes. Car wouldn't start second day, got AA out, they charged it enough to drive, but the battery is fucked, won't hold the charge properly. £300  for a new battery but that invalidates the warranty so I need to get to an official garage. Advised me to run it every day which I did, and it worked. Until I have to come home today, and now the fuckers dead again.  :lol:

Rats cocks. Waiting for the AA again, with enough luggage to fill an HGV, a wife, a granny, two bored kids. Granny has lost her medication and is getting ill. Im bankrupt as its 15 quid for a shitty burger here. I've been holidaying with my brother and family for a decade but I've belatedly decided that thus holiday is a source of my anxiety, not a release, as was proven by last year.

Never again. 

£300! is it a rolls royce

4 hours ago, Renton said:

On holiday in the lakes. Car wouldn't start second day, got AA out, they charged it enough to drive, but the battery is fucked, won't hold the charge properly. £300  for a new battery but that invalidates the warranty so I need to get to an official garage. Advised me to run it every day which I did, and it worked. Until I have to come home today, and now the fuckers dead again.  :lol:

Rats cocks. Waiting for the AA again, with enough luggage to fill an HGV, a wife, a granny, two bored kids. Granny has lost her medication and is getting ill. Im bankrupt as its 15 quid for a shitty burger here. I've been holidaying with my brother and family for a decade but I've belatedly decided that thus holiday is a source of my anxiety, not a release, as was proven by last year.

Never again. 

You should be using car batteries. Those AA ones aren’t powerful enough

Think About It GIF by Identity

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

£300! is it a rolls royce

Audi A3 the robbing cunts.

So got the AA out again and he checked the battery which is completely fucked. Jump started the car but told me it wouldn't start again if I stalled it. Okay, haven't stalled this car before but now the knowledge of this has given me Jimmy legs. Then I'm driving and because the electrics aren't working and neither are any of the assist features including hill assist, so for the first time in 6 years I'm driving a car where I have to use the hand brake, knowing if I stall I'm fucked.

The kid 2 gets car sick starts throwing up. Then Granny has cramp and a panic attack. Kid 1 inexplicably opens the door on the motorway. Back at the garage now, handed in my car keys a gibbering wreck. And they wonder why I have anxiety issues.

Nervous The Big Bang Theory GIF

• Haha 5
  • Jaysus... 1

33 minutes ago, Alex said:

You should be using car batteries. Those AA ones aren’t powerful enough

Think About It GIF by Identity

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

Audi A3 the robbing cunts.

So got the AA out again and he checked the battery which is completely fucked. Jump started the car but told me it wouldn't start again if I stalled it. Okay, haven't stalled this car before but now the knowledge of this has given me Jimmy legs. Then I'm driving and because the electrics aren't working and neither are any of the assist features including hill assist, so for the first time in 6 years I'm driving a car where I have to use the hand brake, knowing if I stall I'm fucked.

The kid 2 gets car sick starts throwing up. Then Granny has cramp and a panic attack. Kid 1 inexplicably opens the door on the motorway. Back at the garage now, handed in my car keys a gibbering wreck. And they wonder why I have anxiety issues.

Nervous The Big Bang Theory GIF

Sounds positively serene.

• Haha 2

I’m going Dutch tomorrow- Shields ferry overnight to Ijmuiden , a leisurely drive to Waasenaar with a stop for lunch on the way wherever looks nice, then a week in a Eurocamp hellscape, followed by a couple of nights in Bruges. 

It’s going to piss down all week too :lol:

(Trips to ‘Dam and Utrecht looking increasingly likely). 

Good job it’s a water park then. 

Mrs. F. is stressing out about everything, as per, whilst I’m helping immensely by telling her to “chill oot man, woman, man” 

Kids are doing fuck all to help, so whips will cracked in a bit. 

Roll on a foaming pint on the ferry…

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Someone is having your life. You can get a Bosch battery for £150 and it won't invalidate your warranty when the car goes back 

:lol: Honestly man.

It was what the AA charge (the AA being used as a free recovery service with something called Audi Assist) which was quoted to me (£299.95. to be exact). And they assured me as they weren't VW accredited mechanics, it would definitely invalidate my warranty. Now I've got it to an approved garage, it's free under warranty and I'm getting a courtesy car whilst all the electronics are checked. Again, something only a VW garage can do. So I'm not directly out of pocket at least.

It's canny ridiculous now with modern cars that all have bespoke computer systems built in. Can only see it getting worse with EVs. It's not like you can pop your Tesla down to the Rocket garage in Cullercoats.

Edited by Renton

2 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I’m going Dutch tomorrow- Shields ferry overnight to Ijmuiden , a leisurely drive to Waasenaar with a stop for lunch on the way wherever looks nice, then a week in a Eurocamp hellscape, followed by a couple of nights in Bruges. 

It’s going to piss down all week too :lol:

(Trips to ‘Dam and Utrecht looking increasingly likely). 

Good job it’s a water park then. 

Mrs. F. is stressing out about everything, as per, whilst I’m helping immensely by telling her to “chill oot man, woman, man” 

Kids are doing fuck all to help, so whips will cracked in a bit. 

Roll on a foaming pint on the ferry…

Whilst you're Mr Chilled, I was Mrs MF last week about the Lakes trip, fucking jet stream being as it is. And last Saturday driving there was biblical, fucking floated there. But actually we got some great days in between wet periods and got some cracking walks in. Just make the most of the windows I guess. Good luck! 👍

9 hours ago, Renton said:

Never again. 

I’m sure this is a National Lampoons movie.

• Haha 4

Could be worse. My cousin and her family (husband, two kids 11 and 13 plus her parents who are both in their 70s). Flew to Rhodes last night. The travel company told them they had to go or they’d lose all their money and when they got there they discovered that not only was the resort they were staying in being evacuated but the hotel had already been destroyed by fire. They were then told the next flight home is Tuesday. Her sister in law works for a different travel company and has managed to sort a ferry to Turkey and accommodation there. Mental that the travel company sent people there though. The resort they were supposed to be staying in had photos, footage etc of people being evacuated from the beach via local fishing boats and whatever else was available. That was before their flight even took off.  

• Sad 2
  • Jaysus... 2

That's fucking shocking. Absolutely shit people can save and look forward to a holiday all year and this happens. 

Also shocking that we've another summer of extreme weather just at a time the tories are on the verge of being a climate changer denier party whilst dragging Labour with the hapless Starmer over with them. Sorry for the politics, but it is actually politics that has caused this and will continue to blight our kids lives. 

• Like 2

Well fellows, after a bumpy crossing on the Funboat, with light entertainment provided by Filipino Dutch Elvis(h), we arrived in Dutch Boro’

IMG_0585.thumb.jpeg.cec3976d19106f1e31845d9f2b3e232f.jpeg

A half hour drive got us to Leiden, which is  very pretty and as Dutch as it gets

IMG_0595.thumb.jpeg.97adc302bc8c0bf1e19e435e20ef8b8e.jpeg

Now at our home for the week, which is apparently catering for @Howmanheyman after curry night…

IMG_0596.thumb.jpeg.80f9e10b858a46df9204ff6909d82c46.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, Monkeys Fist said:

IMG_0585.thumb.jpeg.cec3976d19106f1e31845d9f2b3e232f.jpeg

The Dutch don't make windmills like they used to, that's for shure. Keep away from the RLD MF, and keep us posted old chap. Love a holiday blog me. 

• Haha 2

Tbf, we spotted shedloads of proper windmills on the way here…
… and canals, houseboats, coffee shops, Blart, pastries, bier… all ticked off in the first two hours. 

I’ll be honest, the only thing stopping me calling house on Dutch Bingo is that we’ve not walked past a transsexual Filipino hooker’s window yet, but we’re going to Amsterdam so…

Drove past a lad on the A4 who had a fucked Audi A3 too, which raised a chuckle :lol:

• Haha 5

Not been on the ferry to Ijmuiden for a good while but I remember the cabaret-style entertainment being so fucking bad it was good 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Alex said:

Not been on the ferry to Ijmuiden for a good while but I remember the cabaret-style entertainment being so fucking bad it was good 

Aye, Elvish also became The Man in Bleck when he belted out Ring of Fire, and later had a blast at murdering some Pink Floyd. 

The bloke was not short on confidence :lol:

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Aye, Elvish also became The Man in Bleck when he belted out Ring of Fire, and later had a blast at murdering some Pink Floyd. 

The bloke was not short on confidence :lol:

Murdered you say ? Thought it was natural causes.

E3829F28-AF56-47B1-99F9-25FA198B4306.jpeg

• Haha 3

• Meenzer changed the title to Holidays 2024