Holidays 2024

McFaul

'So when I moved on to slide 3 the bloody thing went haywire and put last years KPIs on instead but when I mentioned it and apologised everybody had a great laugh about it. You had to there, honest.'

Fish's mate......

2ciq88.jpg

• Haha 7

4 hours ago, RobinRobin said:

Probably shouldn't have brought out the spreadsheets 

How else do you show track development?

4 hours ago, Holden McGroin said:

Not sure what I’d prefer to tbh…children talk or a deep dive into some blokes job history.

Maybe if your mates did something interesting it'd be an easier choice?

You shouldn't talk about kids to singles or couples without them, for various reasons. With other people who have kids, it's like talking about the weather, it's polite but honestly nobody gives a shit about other people's kids.Same with pets, spare me your dog stories please. And careers. And hobbies. House prices. Et fucking cetera. Only acceptable small chat is football for lads and shopping for lasses.

Screenshot_20230702_172928_Google.thumb.jpg.fd8f2ef17a39a9753b68d705bfe4c9ff.jpg

• Haha 8

1 hour ago, Renton said:

You shouldn't talk about kids to singles or couples without them, for various reasons. With other people who have kids, it's like talking about the weather, it's polite but honestly nobody gives a shit about other people's kids.Same with pets, spare me your dog stories please. And careers. And hobbies. House prices. Et fucking cetera. Only acceptable small chat is football for lads and shopping for lasses.

Screenshot_20230702_172928_Google.thumb.jpg.fd8f2ef17a39a9753b68d705bfe4c9ff.jpg

One of my mate's cunt wives got sat with a mate from work and his wife st my wedding. She asked them if they had kids and when they said no, she asked why. I don't know the full details of their story but I know he was always desperate for kids. 

I don't have kids cos I don't want them and I get bored as fuck when you're on a work call and people are giving it the "you know how kids be!" patter for the first ten minutes of the call. Then things get even worse when they all want to talk about work. 

Edited by Gemmill
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

One of my mate's cunt wives got sat with a mate from work and his wife st my wedding. She asked them if they had kids and when they said no, she asked why. I don't know the full details of their story but I know he was always desperate for kids. 

I don't have kids cos I don't want them and I get bored as fuck when you're on a work call and people are giving it the "you know how kids be!" patter for the first ten minutes of the call. Then things get even worse when they all want to talk about work. 

People who don't have kids either:

• Want them, but can't have them.
  • Don't want them.

It's pretty binary. The former is incredibly hurtful for them, the latter is THEY AREN'T INTERESTED.

Either way, it's just not a topic to bring up. People, mainly lasses, who say things like "better get a move on", can just get to fuck. Absolute morons.

Edited by Renton
  • Like 6

Neither me nor the current Mrs PL have children. I’ve seen on numerous  occasions “mumzillas” ask her how old her kids are and when they get the answer  in some cases I’ve seen them almost physically recoil from her. It upsets her a great deal for a variety of reasons. It’s just so horrendously fuckin rude to make someone talk of these things :glare:

• Like 9

Been to see my nephew's this afternoon.  My wifes Aunty and Uncle were up who are both 80,  They don't have kids and see my wife and her brother as their own.  One of my nephews is 9 months old and he was laughing today as I was being daft with him.  Her aunty 'Isn't he smart, 9 months old and laughing'  What?  He's 9 months old FFS.

Then my eldest nephew who's 8 next month told me he had sports day coming up.  I asked him if parents were having a race.  Her Aunty 'No, it's not allowed as they start fighting'  Oh and how many children's sports days have you been to?  Oh, FUCKING NONE.  Anyway, there is a parents race.  She was very shocked.  Stop reading the Daily Mail you fucking Tory bell.

• Haha 4

14 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Been to see my nephew's this afternoon.  My wifes Aunty and Uncle were up who are both 80,  They don't have kids and see my wife and her brother as their own.  One of my nephews is 9 months old and he was laughing today as I was being daft with him.  Her aunty 'Isn't he smart, 9 months old and laughing'  What?  He's 9 months old FFS.

Then my eldest nephew who's 8 next month told me he had sports day coming up.  I asked him if parents were having a race.  Her Aunty 'No, it's not allowed as they start fighting'  Oh and how many children's sports days have you been to?  Oh, FUCKING NONE.  Anyway, there is a parents race.  She was very shocked.  Stop reading the Daily Mail you fucking Tory bell.

:lol:

• Haha 1

Well that was 4 days of my life I won’t get back, topped off today by a 7.5 hour drive from Wales to boro (taking my mam for her op in the morning) due to the M62.

Which is in my opinion the worst road in the world, and I’ve driven in North Africa.

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, strawb said:

It just always seems to have shite accidents (two separate ones today) that result in delays 

It’s a terrible road because it’s a terrible concept- let’s build a motorway across the most rain-sodden, windswept butthole in the country, which is also at Everest base camp altitude- people drive on it like the same way they would on a flat, Dutch motorway- hence the huge number of crashes. 

I fucking hate it. 

• Like 2

I mean look at this, they had to build the motorway at virtually its highest point around this farm because the pig ignorant awkward Yorkshire bastard of a farmer wouldn’t accept the compulsory purchase order for all the money on the fuckin planet :lol: 

IMG_2220.jpeg

• Haha 2

On 02/07/2023 at 17:30, Renton said:

I agree; my assistant told me about all her dog's allergies the other day, I think to try to evoke some sort of emotional side to me as it's no secret I like dogs. Instantly bored and increasingly irritated, I offered to hoy it in the Tyne to put them both out of their misery.

2 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

I mean look at this, they had to build the motorway at virtually its highest point around this farm because the pig ignorant awkward Yorkshire bastard of a farmer wouldn’t accept the compulsory purchase order for all the money on the fuckin planet :lol: 

IMG_2220.jpeg

Heard that, but it's not true. More about the geography than Yorkshire obstinacy.

14 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Heard that, but it's not true. More about the geography than Yorkshire obstinacy.

Aye, the farm sits directly above Yorkshire’s only super volcano Eebagum. 
It erupts every few minutes,as it’s utter radge like it’s compatriots, but because it’s in the middle of the M62 it’s too fucking Baltic and windy to actually produce lava or ash. 

True story 

• Haha 5

Just now, PaddockLad said:

You’re telling me it wasn’t one of Wykiki’s relatives after all? 😞

I mean, the farm still hasn't been sold, so they're still stubbornly clinging onto a scrap of land beset on all sides by pollution and danger.

7 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

Looks like I will go to the 3rd world in the summer.

Three weeks in Buckinghamshire.

What the fuck are you going to do for three weeks in Buckfuckinghamshire? 

• Meenzer changed the title to Holidays 2024