Holidays 2024

McFaul

14 hours ago, strawb said:

Well that was 4 days of my life I won’t get back, topped off today by a 7.5 hour drive from Wales to boro (taking my mam for her op in the morning) due to the M62.

Which is in my opinion the worst road in the world, and I’ve driven in North Africa.

Never had bother on the M62, although a colleague who regularly commutes Liverpool to Newcastle informs me it is much busier than it was when I was a regular user. But M-8 (fuck you autocorrect)/M74 junction merge just south of Glasgow city centre. This place is hell on Earth, regardless of accidents. I just don't get where all the people are going to. Past Paisley you have the likes of Prestwick, Ayr, Greenock, Largs. Not exactly some metropolis that should reduce an EIGHT lane motorway to a car park every single day. 

Edited by Renton

46 minutes ago, Renton said:

Never had bother on the M62, although a colleague who regularly commutes Liverpool to Newcastle informs me it is much busier than it was when I was a regular user. But M-8 (fuck you autocorrect)/M74 junction merge just south of Glasgow city centre. This place is hell on Earth, regardless of accidents. I just don't get where all the people are going to. Past Paisley you have the likes of Prestwick, Ayr, Greenock, Largs. Not exactly some metropolis that should reduce an EIGHT lane motorway to a car park every single day. 

It’s probably because I drive it all the time, going home to see family but it’s mind blowing how often there are massive tailbacks

15 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

I mean look at this, they had to build the motorway at virtually its highest point around this farm because the pig ignorant awkward Yorkshire bastard of a farmer wouldn’t accept the compulsory purchase order for all the money on the fuckin planet :lol: 

IMG_2220.jpeg

You do know that's a total urban myth.  It's like that due to the geology.  They offered to pay for him to move but he accepted he wanted to stay. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

You do know that's a total urban myth.  It's like that due to the geology.  They offered to pay for him to move but he accepted he wanted to stay. 

13 hours late me old mucka

13 hours ago, The Fish said:

Heard that, but it's not true. More about the geography than Yorkshire obstinacy.

22 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Can't be an urban myth, moorland myth maybe, only in Yorkshire would that place be considered as urban verging on metropolis.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

As for the M62, what a cunt of a road it is. 

I was once driving to Manchester airport one Feb.  It was pissing with rain over the tops about 4am and some cunt come flying past about 80mph.

7 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Fuckin hell am sorry I mentioned it 😞

1 minute ago, wykikitoon said:

I was once driving to Manchester airport one Feb.  It was pissing with rain over the tops about 4am and some cunt come flying past about 80mph.

Yelling "Out the fucking way Wiggins!"

• Haha 8

11 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Fuckin hell am sorry I mentioned it 😞

You said they got a compulsory purchase order but didn't move? Didn't you get an education in your Scottish Borders hovel? Think Patterson, think.

200w.gif.cdd5f355af39f6130fe5850ad1259820.gif

• Haha 7

7 minutes ago, Renton said:

You said they got a compulsory purchase order but didn't move? Didn't you get an education in your Scottish Borders hovel? Think Patterson, think.

200w.gif.cdd5f355af39f6130fe5850ad1259820.gif

I think this all arose via the Wogmeister on radio 2. So am blaming a dead Irishman for my admittedly piss poor effort here 😛

• Haha 4

It was a persistent myth and my dad repeats it every time he goes past. It’s a funny fucking place to live though.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

What do you expect near an airport FFS !!!

• Haha 5

41 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

I think this all arose via the Wogmeister on radio 2. So am blaming a dead Irishman for my admittedly piss poor effort here 😛

Not allowed to call them that anymore mate

• Haha 7

:lol:
I’ll have you know I’m a delightful chap to share an afternoon Ouzo with, once you get used me rubbing my thighs every two seconds. 
UnequaledLeafyCrocodileskink-max-1mb.gif

Buuut, I’m not going Greek this year, it’s Windmills and Kriek in a couple of weeks. 

Cheeky cunts <_<

• Haha 4

On 09/07/2023 at 11:46, Monkeys Fist said:

Where you staying on Corfu? 

A little place on the north coast near Roda called Acharavi. It’s the first time we’ve been abroad with the kids for one reason or another. We’re with my sis and my mam and dad so we’ve got enough people to collectively insure the kids don’t drown each other in theory. I’ve been to Corfu a couple of times before. I forgot about the fucking mosquitos though. The little CUNTS!!!! :lol: 

The place is right on the beach and faces west so the sunset is lush

Edited by Alex
  • Like 2

• Meenzer changed the title to Holidays 2024