Everton v Newcastle

McFaul

I agree, but I wouldn't be surprised if we try to hold them at arm's length as we did against Spurs and Liverpool, then try to hit them on the counter.

To be fair, we have the pace in Sissoko, Townsend, Wijnaldum (and purportedly Doumbia) to trouble any sides on the counter, which should mean our side is capable of taking points off sides who play more expansive football at home.

The problem with sitting back and hitting on the break is that defensively they're absolutely shit and aren't good enough to keep a clean sheet. They can't defend to save their lives. Guaranteed they will concede tonight. The only way to win a game is to attack with this team.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem with sitting back and hitting on the break is that defensively they're absolutely shit and aren't good enough to keep a clean sheet. They can't defend to save their lives. Guaranteed they will concede tonight. The only way to win a game is to attack with this team.

I agree.

We've the ammunition in Sissoko, Townsend (hopefully), Shelvey and even Janmaat and in Wijnaldum (at least) we have at least one man who's capable enough to take the shot.

My worry is their right vs our left. :cantlook:

I agree.

We've the ammunition in Sissoko, Townsend (hopefully), Shelvey and even Janmaat and in Wijnaldum (at least) we have at least one man who's capable enough to take the shot.

We've always worried about their right or left instead of trying to force Coleman and Baines back. We really should never be worrying about an oppositions fullbacks imo.

McClarens got to set them up to play attacking football a bit like KK set "The Entertainers" up. Yes we're going to leak goals but we should have the speed & supply if Mitrovic & Doumbia have their shooting boots on to out gun the opposition.

Looking at Everton, they're a side that would be higher with a savvier manager IMO. A bit like us, I suppose but having said that, I wouldn't be surprised if, despite playing more games than us recently, they look like the fitter side. If Shelvey has a good game and Wijnaldum can actually perform away from home, we should be getting something.

Yeah I agree with all of this. Regarding Everton, I think Martinez is a bit of a fraud. Everton are clearly underperforming, but not in a way that garners much sympathy. They're regularly throwing away points. Apart from when they play us. They've only won one more game than us in the league this season.

I predicted a score draw because this is a game where any result wouldn't surprise me; we could lose 3-0 or win 0-3. 1-3. Okay, 1-2. Well, we could win or lose, and it wouldn't surprise me.

Edited by Haydnator

Yeah I agree with all of this. Regarding Everton, I think Martinez is a bit of a fraud. Everton are clearly underperforming, but not in a way that garners much sympathy. They're regularly throwing away points. Apart from when they play us. They've only won one more game than us in the league this season.

I predicted a score draw because this is a game where any result wouldn't surprise me; we could lose 3-0 or win 0-3. 1-3. Okay, 1-2. Well, we could win or lose, and it wouldn't surprise me.

I've always wondered why Martinez got as much hype as he did, he got a ton of credit for late runs of form which kept Wigan up but those praising him sort of omitted that they had been fucking shite all season which put them in a position of needing a late run of extraordinary form to pull them out the shit.

I agree.

worry not, a left back wasn't a priority. #CT

I've always wondered why Martinez got as much hype as he did, he got a ton of credit for late runs of form which kept Wigan up but those praising him sort of omitted that they had been fucking shite all season which put them in a position of needing a late run of extraordinary form to pull them out the shit.

Don't forget he took them down aswell.

@trooper - I'm not sure about the KK style thing, although KK's sides leaked goals I think we had the best defenders we've ever had , with the exception of Woodgate and perhaps membembababaabaa . If KK had our back 4 he'd struggle to put more in than we leaked.