NUFC v The Great Unwashed

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't see any of it, we're in Invercargill NZ and it was on at 0230 this morning. Briefly shared a txt conversation with a "refreshed and relaxed :lol: " Howmanheyman this morning so didn't really get to ask if anyone reckoned we'd have got a point with McLaren in charge?...

EDIT: just seen the "thanks Rafa" thread...nothing to see here.... :blush:

I remember getting a text from you yesterday morning so had no idea where the 'refreshed and relaxed' came from then I checked my texts from yesterday evening. :lol: fair enough. :good:

I was out yesterday so only saw the first half on my phone.

What worries me is that there wasn't as much improvement as I'd hoped/expected though it sounds like the substitutions worked reasonably well.

What I saw was us being overrun in midfield. It may sound like a good idea to play more creative players but I still think we need Tiote in there.

Also:

1. Somebody should really hurt Borini and make him squeal for real.

2. Colback is shit.

3. Atkinson is a cunt.

I didn't finish work till 11pm last night, had to keep up with the score on the net. Did a little fist pump (in celebration, not in a rude way) when we levelled).

Watched highlights, no doubt we would have lost big if McClaren Had still been here.

On a side note I've just had a look at RTG..........never seen anything like it.

What worries me is that there wasn't as much improvement as I'd hoped/expected though it sounds like the substitutions worked reasonably well.

What I saw was us being overrun in midfield. It may sound like a good idea to play more creative players but I still think we need Tiote in there.

Also:

2. Colback is shit.

3. Atkinson is a cunt.

can't argue with any of those points.

colback is a pretty ordinary midfielder, and that's being generous. he's a liability at left back.

Also:

2. Colback is shit.

3. Atkinson is a cunt.

2nd half was much better, more so when Colback went off (and Janmaat to be fair).

Looks like Janmaat will also miss the next game.

We'll be playing Mbabu & Mbemba at fullbacks?

Fat Sam talks shite.He thinks that if they take the lead,it is down to mistakes they concede and never down to the opposition being better.Maybe the makems believe this shit.Having watched our goal again this morning,are we not getting the praise we are due because we moved it from left to right then Gini tied the makem in knots to get an excellent cross to the back post where Mitro had lost the clumsy makem Central defenders and direct the perfect header across the ugly makem keeper into the right hand side netting.Now if Kane had done that.....

I think its telling that if McClaren had made those substitutions then the crowd would have lynched him , it was only a couple of weeks ago he was getting "You don't know what you're doing" when replacing an injured player.

That said, massive Kudos to Rafa to daring to make those subs, McClaren never would have.

I think its telling that if McClaren had made those substitutions then the crowd would have lynched him , it was only a couple of weeks ago he was getting "You don't know what you're doing" when replacing an injured player.

That said, massive Kudos to Rafa to daring to make those subs, McClaren never would have.

That was more down to frustration being built up from his shit tactics and fans getting sick of getting beat every week.

Didn't see any of it, we're in Invercargill NZ and it was on at 0230 this morning. Briefly shared a txt conversation with a "refreshed and relaxed :lol: " Howmanheyman this morning so didn't really get to ask if anyone reckoned we'd have got a point with McLaren in charge?...

EDIT: just seen the "thanks Rafa" thread...nothing to see here.... :blush:

Invercargill, described as the arsehole ofthe universe by Keith Richards. Go to Bluff man and have some oysters!

All those makem chances in the first half that would have put the game to bed,well so Hippo Heed says.Defoe got in front of his marker and missed the target.So did Mitro.A header from Rodwell's that was comfortably tipped over the top by Elliott,who I think we all know is now better than Krul ever was.Shelvey put a free kick just past the post.

in the second half ,the best keeper we have on the books ,tipped a shot over the bar.We had one kicked off the line.We had a couple of tame efforts that hardly bothered the ugly makem keeper.We had more possession in the game.How the fuck can any makem and Danny ' I hate Newcastle' shithouse Murphy think we didn't deserve a point.