Norwich V Newcastle / Saturday / 3PM / Carrow Road

Anorthernsoul

Tottenham have every chance of winning the title. Was it a winnable game? According to the majority of nobheads, no. What happens? We deservedly win 1-2. Man City are having a horrific season by their standards, we beat them last season, why not this season? We don't have one game that isn't winnable. They're all winnable. The problem is the desire of the players, and also the fact they're generally not great anyway, but our results over many years prove that absolutely any game is winnable. We beat Liverpool 7 weeks before they won the Champions League, we beat Chelsea 2-0 at Stamford Bridge 18 days before they became champions of Europe. Yes we are shit, no game is beyond getting points though, not one.

Think you've misunderstood Steve. There's been a conversation about which games are most likely to provide three points and those 4 are from teams around us. Don't think people are saying that we 100% will not win any games outside of those four, nor are they saying that we'll definitely win them. This is Newcastle; we could get 12pts from Man City, Spurs, Southampton and Liverpool, and lose to Norwich, Crystal Palace, Aston Villa and Swansea.

It's just more likely that the team sitting 19th has a better chance of getting wins against clubs who're also dogshit.

Also, I don't think it's just about desire, Colback had plenty of desire in the derby and was by far the worst player.

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye - the cunts haven't bothered their arses for most of the season and yet we're only 1 point behind the mackems and 3 behind Norwich having played a game less. With the right attitude and application we can definitely stop up and under Rafa you'd expect it to be there.

Basically what most other people are saying is that the one thing that gives us a chance is the new manager. The difference in opinion is whether, on balance, you think survival is more likely than relegation. It's not 'defeatist' to argue relegation is more likely at present because it clearly is. We all hope Benitez can get more out of the players and I think he probably can. It still might not be enough though. It's barely even an argument. Given that, at the very best, 4th bottom is probably as well as we can do then it's hardly being a miserable cunt thinking we might not get out of this.

We got 2 points from the remiaining fixtures last season. If Benny cannot better that then we're fucked.

If he can better it, we're still more likely than not fucked.

If he can better it to a good degree and the Mackems and Norwich and/or Palace can fail to pick up many points at all we have a chance.

In a dream last night we lost to Norwich, maybe it was a nightmare. Funny thing is I can't remember dreaming about scores ever before. I am really worried now as like many others I believe this is a MUST WIN game, more so than the Mackem one. I think the key to winning is what formation Benetez puts out there and whether they all put in a good shift and click as a team.

My worry is not about letting in goals, it's about not putting any in. Wor Kev had the right idea, they score one we'll score two, they score two we'll score three.

We've got 24 pts to play for, as do mackems. Norwich have 21 pts to play for. If we can get a win and a draw more than Norwich we'll probably stay up. Looking at it like that I think anyone saying we're definitely down at this stage is being defeatist. To be honest anyone who is thinking along those lines has every right to, given the way that things have gone so far.

However I don't think many on here are saying that - people are quite rightly less than optimistic in general, because as things stand we are still probably the favourite out of ourselves, mackems and norwich to go down. But a win at Norwich changes that and makes us favourites to stay up immediately I think, regardless of what the mackems manage against west brom. It's still very much all to play for, and I agree with others that Benitez is the main reason to think we might just be able to pull it off. Personally I think we'll just stop up, but we'll need a few slices of luck, starting at Norwich. Let's remember, they have been as bad as us all season and a couple of recent results doesn't change that.

How the fuck can anyone be optimistic with the shit that has been dished up this season? Not at any point has the side looked like getting themselves out of trouble. Granted the players should have a different outlook and mindset for the game but from a fans point of view it has been and is looking very bleak unless they can put some consistency together and show some balls right across the pitch.

Edited by Anorthernsoul

How the fuck can anyone be optimistic with the shit that has been dished up this season? Not at any point has the side looked like getting themselves out of trouble. Granted the players should have a different outlook and mindset for the game but from a fans point of view it has been and is looking very bleak unless they can put some consistency together and show some balls right across the pitch.

We've been in the bottom 3 for most of the season (rock bottom twice) . We dropped to 15th after game 2 & have never been higher all season . We're on a 7 straight away game losing streak with our next 2 games being away. Yes I accept we now have an excellent manager but there's only so much he can do with what he's got. It was evident early in the season that McClaren wasn't up to the job despite having more money spent on his team than any Newcastle headcoach (manager) before. We are 19th for a reason that reason being that we are not good enough for this league. Again I admire the optimism but I think we'll be in the Championship next season with a totally different team & perhaps Beardsley as manager. As I've said before if this does happen my ray of hope is Ashley sells up & sods off to concentrate on his SD empire.

Basically what most other people are saying is that the one thing that gives us a chance is the new manager. The difference in opinion is whether, on balance, you think survival is more likely than relegation. It's not 'defeatist' to argue relegation is more likely at present because it clearly is. We all hope Benitez can get more out of the players and I think he probably can. It still might not be enough though. It's barely even an argument. Given that, at the very best, 4th bottom is probably as well as we can do then it's hardly being a miserable cunt thinking we might not get out of this.

I agree that the new manager is what can keep us up, as a continuation of what was going on before him would've no doubt sent us down. I just think the negativity is disproportionate to our predicament now and comments like "I think we're already gone. We needed to win last week" are defeatist and absolutely not what's needed. We can definitely stay up and, if we do manage it, it'll not have been from some sort of mission impossible type scenario. At least not yet - there's 8 games we should be looking at as winnable.

God you know, I forgot Darlow. I thought we were down to Woodman...

That said, its not like Norwich are amazing up front, they're about Darlows level I wager. Everyone else we're playing on the other hand...

When is Krul back?

Edited by Rayvin

RTG now have an 8 page thread celebrating Elliot's injury...

Classy shit.

Odd lot, they were speaking as if we were completely written off anyway so why do they care about our keeper being hurt? Boring cunts.