Yes Gemmill...

catmag

Got an e-mail from the school. Apparently they will offer psychological support for the children during this time of national grief. They didn't offer this to kids during the pandemic ffs! What is going on? 

Edited by Renton
  • Haha 5

Just now, catmag said:

Some common sense prevails! And not just because I’ve got tickets for Durham on Saturday 😁

0C906E74-0DE8-40F0-9E9C-07F3583D3A4D.png

It’ll be off due to the rain instead ;) 

11 minutes ago, Renton said:

Got an e-mail from the school. Apparently they will offer psychological support for the children during this time of national grief. They didn't offer this to kids during the pandemic ffs! What is going on? 

Ridiculous. Saying that, the bairn text me from his dad’s yesterday saying “Does that mean school will be closed tomorrow?!” He’s only been back a day ffs 😁

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Just watched some of Charles at Buck house.  Fair play to the old lad. Can't be easy after his poor old lass has passed away.

They are trained for it from birth, gameface on and all that.

• Haha 1

There’s plenty of fans and players up and down England who likely couldn’t care less about her passing, and indeed some who felt real animosity, if not towards her specifically, then toward what she represented. Have a look at Trevor Sinclair’s tweet yesterday for a good example. I personally have no strong feelings one way or the other and wouldn’t defend people who are immediately using her death to say things that are beyond the pale in order to further their own agendas, but the PL could likely see the sh*t show that could ensue if they tried to enforce the sort of extreme reverence that people would want fans and players to show were the games to go ahead.

3 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Sport of the Establishment is only allowed.

Rugby Union on still then? 

It was when our match v Liverpool was called off.

Some subjects are more important than others and get to have their day out uninterrupted. The football mob must do as they're told and mourn their betters. :good:

Some of the utter fucking plebs on Sky news being interviewed :lol: this is why our country is in a mess when these thick cunts are allowed to vote:

'Well I am glad she was there at the end'

End? End of what? COD Beast Mode Level?

'It feels like an end of an era'

THAT'S BECAUSE IT IS YOU FUCKING PLEB

Then they asked a lad of about 9 what he wrote on his note on the flowers

'That I looked up to her'

WHAT? 

• Haha 1

I don't get why they go on about "her service to the people and nation" when those same people were and indeed are (in error) happy to refer to themselves as "subjects" - they don't even understand the fucking language of said nation. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

honestly, we are losing the plot now 

FcNLjACXgAA0ZOn?format=jpg&name=900x900

:lol:

Sounds like a good wheeze that, I reckon my company should try it too. "As a mark of respect during this time of national mourning we will only be translating adjectives and conjunctions."

• Haha 3

Just now, wykikitoon said:

They've just interviewed a kid on Sky News who said he's got three dogs and they're all named after women in the Royal Family :lol: 

Out of the mouths of babes... :lol:

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

They've just interviewed a kid on Sky News who said he's got three dogs and they're all named after women in the Royal Family :lol: 

I hope they drilled down into that statement.

"What are they called?"
"Camilla, Camilla and Camilla."

[EMERGENCY CUT TO STUDIO]

• Haha 2

• Meenzer changed the title to Yes Gemmill...