Yes Gemmill...

catmag

7 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

This is fucking insane, the fixture pile up will terrible, isn't there an international break in 2 weeks? That means no football for nearly a month with the WC still to come. Loads of matches in freezing cold January and February nights, loads of injuries. The GNR will also be pressurised to cancel. Fuck this country. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Its not really been a shock like Diana.  Just fire some guns in the air and say she had a good innings. While we are on holiday of course.

Time to move on.

I remember being so pissed off that the the Newcastle Liverpool game was cancelled when Diana snuffed it, but after that I don't recall many cancellations as she was not considered a proper royal. Not that there wasn't fucking mass hysteria like. David Brent summed up those terrible days best, much better than that rehashed shit Elton John did.

1 hour ago, Craig said:

At the end of the music round at the Pub Quiz I run, I always play a long song over the speakers whilst I'm marking the round. I've had a few requests this morning to play some 'Queen' this Sunday. 

'Another One Bites The Dust' ??

Already been done on Tik Tok

4 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

The only upside to this is hopefully having Wilson, Bruno and ASM fully fit for our next game.

Totally ruined my weekend as I’ve enjoyed watching loads of football lately.

The wife will no doubt fill my free time :( 

They will all get crocked when we are playing 4 games a week in the midst of January. 

4 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

No thought for the away fans  that have paid for travel tickets and hotels.

They're plebs man, they don't matter. The rich elites have just lost one of their own and we have to mourn her on their behalf.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

They're plebs man, they don't matter. The rich elites have just lost one of their own and we have to mourn her on their behalf.

The fucking forelock tuggers and their cancel culture. 

Well, all this has done for me personally is make me despise the monarchy and its underpinning institutions even more. 

• Like 2

I don't get all this grief. Its not a shock.

Suzanne Reid saying shit like she was the most constant presence in all our lives.

I literally never gave her a worthwhile thought in all my life. That includes when my granny made me watch the speech at xmas. Nowt against her, she seemed okay - bar harbouring a paedo and hating Diana (you can swap hate for another word if you like).

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Renton said:

The fucking forelock tuggers and their cancel culture. 

Well, all this has done for me personally is make me despise the monarchy and its underpinning institutions even more. 

I have to say mind, I'm seeing a stunning amount of supposedly left leaning people getting caught up in this - very much demonstrates how significant the cultural impact of the institution is in this country. We are born to be ruled over, it's hardwired into our national psyche. There's an almost cult like devotion to this institution.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

I don't get all this grief. Its not a shock.

Suzanne Reid saying shit like she was the most constant presence in all our lives.

I literally never gave her a worthwhile thought in all my life. That includes when my granny made me watch the speech at xmas. Nowt against her, she seemed okay - bar harbouring a paedo and hating Diana (you can swap hate for another word if you like).

Agreed. She did seem okay, but then nobody can really know, can they? All this "One of the people" is nonsense, she was completely detached from us. That's not a criticism, just a fact. As she had no real power, I think the best metric to judge her is how her kids came out.

• Charles is a narcissistic fruit cake always on the verge of abusing his role. Cheated on his wife, who he drove to near suicide. Had two relatively well adapted sons, one of which has seen the light.
  • Anne, no comment, seems okay, don't really know anything about her and not arsed to find out either. 
  • Andrew, her favourite, well, he's a fucking nonce. How did he end up this way? It wasn't good parenting was it?
  • Edward, the runt of the litter in every way.

So aye, just because the Queen wasn't ever offensive herself, she was still head of a family that is embroiled in scandals that would make the average Mam in Meadowell blush in shame. 

Edited by Renton
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I have to say mind, I'm seeing a stunning amount of supposedly left leaning people getting caught up in this - very much demonstrates how significant the cultural impact of the institution is in this country. We are born to be ruled over, it's hardwired into our national psyche. There's an almost cult like devotion to this institution.

More than 50 years on this Earth tells me you are 100% right. 

• Meenzer changed the title to Yes Gemmill...