Yes Gemmill...

catmag

5 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

I went on a day trip to Venice with grandparents, my sister, cousin and aunt. I was bored shitless waiting all day to get back to the hotel in lido di jesalo although what sticks out was the miserable gondolier cunt whinging his tits off in Italian as I Geronimo'd into his gondola. I was almost 14. :lol: (I'd love to go back as an adult and have a proper look around though). :good:

jason jones jump GIF by The Detour

• Haha 4

38 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

I went on a day trip to Venice with grandparents, my sister, cousin and aunt. I was bored shitless waiting all day to get back to the hotel in lido di jesalo although what sticks out was the miserable gondolier cunt whinging his tits off in Italian as I Geronimo'd into his gondola. I was almost 14. :lol: (I'd love to go back as an adult and have a proper look around though). :good:

It's fucking brilliant like, one of the wonders of the World. As Alex says, its possible to get off the beaten trail and get reasonable drink and food in some of the quieter bits. Sipping wine with your loved one as sun goes down by a venetian canal is definitely worth doing (although I'm going back more than 10 years here).

Thanks to the functionality of Google photos now, it's very easy to find old photos. This is the cunt I am referring to. :lol:

image.png.33ca714d5d2b41a8035eb64f0a1bf04c.png

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

First time I went to Venice we caught the ferry across the lagoon from Lido di Jesolo (where we were staying). This was back in the day of coach holidays. If you think the Costa Brava is a canny way by bus, fuck me, Italy is some journey :lol: 

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Alex said:

First time I went to Venice we caught the ferry across the lagoon from Lido di Jesolo (where we were staying). This was back in the day of coach holidays. If you think the Costa Brava is a canny way by bus, fuck me, Italy is some journey :lol: 

My one and only foreign holiday with my parents was SW France, near Biarritz. By coach. That was bad enough. I do remember a coach of Irish people arriving the second week we were there, fuck knows how long that took. But what I most vividly remember was their skin colour, not even white, I swear to God these paddies were universally varicose blue*, getting off the coach to scorching mid July South France UV, at a time when people weren't so aware of sun block. :lol:

* Have Dulux patented this colour? They really should, along with Howmanheymana'veshitmeself brown. 

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Alex said:

:lol:

Fuck that, went to estartit by coach with 'the lads' when I was 18, nightmare. I absolutely loved lido di jesolo, was my first ever 'proper' holiday and in truth only got there because of my grandparents who offered to take me and my sister. My only holidays other than that were annual trips Northern Ireland via the ferry, which to be fair, I loved but this was something else. It was in 1987. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Howmanheyman said:

:lol:

Fuck that, went to estartit by coach with 'the lads' when I was 18, nightmare. I absolutely loved lido di jesolo, was my first ever 'proper' holiday and in truth only got there because of my grandparents who offered to take me and my sister. My only holidays other than that were annual trips Northern Ireland via the ferry, which to be fair, I loved but this was something else. It was in 1987. 

Northern Iron on t'ferry? Luxury. My parents made me go fucking YOUTH HOSTELING in Scotland. You were supposed to be on holiday but slept in concentration camp style unisex dormitories and actually had "duties" (chores) to do every day like cleaning the fucking netty. 

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Renton said:

Northern Iron on t'ferry? Luxury. My parents made me go fucking YOUTH HOSTELING in Scotland. You were supposed to be on holiday but slept in concentration camp style unisex dormitories and actually had "duties" (chores) to do every day like cleaning the fucking netty. 

6ondg9.jpg.117d0ae46827b6ef67b9c7fb25ae0b1d.jpg

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, Renton said:

I do remember a coach of Irish people arriving the second week we were there, fuck knows how long that took

You don know that they didn't have to drive the coach through the Celtic Sea?

I used to regularly do Key Camp holidays in France. The feeling of sitting in a sweltering car with motion sickness while my father chain smoked in the front will never leave me.

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Renton said:

You would be exactly the same Gemmill, nervously feeling uncomfortable and looking at your feet. 

I didn't notice this sneaky edit but for the record, I would have been up alongside him showing how THE ENGLISH thrust. The front of that gondola would have been like an Olympic row boat, jerking forward about ten feet every time I put a power thrust in.

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, Renton said:

My one and only foreign holiday with my parents was SW France, near Biarritz.

How was that even possible? I am in the states. Get one of these passes! In my eyes, it has been lush.

Eurail-Route-through-Europe.jpg

3 hours ago, Gemmill said:

I didn't notice this sneaky edit but for the record, I would have been up alongside him showing how THE ENGLISH thrust. The front of that gondola would have been like an Olympic row boat, jerking forward about ten millimeters every time I put a power thrust in.

Edited for clarity.   :biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...

Damn- Catch 22 is one of my favourites, and Little Miss Sunshine. 
Very talented actor, director, and author, very much in the mould of Steve Wraith. 

“Fuck a lot of women!”:lol:

As Alex said, legend. 

1 hour ago, spongebob toonpants said:

Great actor. Might have to rewatch Gross Point Blank for the 50th time

RIP

Class film that. I loved Little Miss Sunshine too, mainly for the relationship between him and the little lass.